1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

I''s

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Tenacious D, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Tenacious D

I"s

I read the new preview in June 05's issue of Shonen Jump of I"s.

Id say its pretty good and funny. Of Course, its a pervy manga.

The graphic novels are out.

Who else read I"s?

Tags:
  2. Vodrake

I read the first 20 chapters of it them promptly forgot it existed....
    It's not that I didn't like it, it was a good manga, but it just didn't appeal to me as much as say Ichigo 100% or Negima. But I can't really think of reasons why it didn't appeal as much, perhaps I'll have to read it again, see if I'll like it more if I just read further.

3. Gutsu

I've read the entire manga already it's dam good. The manga-ka of I's can sure as hell draw dam well I like the way he draws girls in his manga especially the hair too lol it's prevvvy. :smile-big I recommend checking his other work too Video Girl AI and DNA 2 but DNA2 hasn't been lincensed you can DL from the internet though.

Back with I's I like Itachika's best friend so preveted but thinks his cool too I just like the sadistic expression he does there's some funny ones later trust me. :laugh

BTW If your wondering I's is 15 volumes long. Right now the manga-ka that did I's a few years back is right now doing a manga called Zetman don't let the name throw you off yeah the name is quirky but the manga it's really good only two volumes has been translated there's a total of four volumes released so far in Japan it's released weekly just like Naruto but it's intented for older teens like most of his work that his ever done.

4. Beatnik

Yeah, I've read the whole manga too, and it was good clean pervy fun, with one of those relationships that just NEVER STARTS PROPERLY and just DRAGS ON, just like Ranma 1/2, but thankfully we get a good resolution at the end (there's also a extra alternative ending too).

My favourite part was when they stayed over at someones house and played naughty games, heh.

5. Tenacious D

I dont know If I will read all volumes, but it is kinda funny. Reminds me of Onegai teacher or love hina.

6. Gutsu

Well to me it doesn't really drag on especially if you compare it to half assed manga like Ichigo 100% where the main character can't even make a decision as to which girl he likes man that series draaaaaggggs on I lost interested in that medicore series a while ago. For I's Itchika does end up with a girl but there are temptations and "obsticles" that makes it hard for him to be happily with the girl that sort is the premise of the manga for the main character not giving up and not taking the easy way out by being with another girl that's basicly a replacement. Overall the series is pretty good but that's just my opinion. :p

7. Tenacious D

My friend was reading it in gym today. So was I. He just got into it.

8. dbcomix

omg!!!!! i read it in shounen jump also!!

go to Link removed to download the rest!! its soo damn good, yes.!!:xp

9. Tenacious D

I never thought I"s would make it to SJ.

10. dbcomix

they cut all the "good":shifty parts out.....

thats why i use the net for all my perveted needs!

11. ?Rubber Band?

i've read only some parts of it. which guy doesn't like pervy mangas? ^^

12. Procyon

I read the preview too...If you ask me, it wasn't to good. :-/

13. darksage78

Anyone know where I can download the complete series? I managed to get a few chapters off Toriyama's World. So far I still think Ichigo 100% manga is better.

14. Vodrake

I'm fairly certain Link removed has the full series up for download.

15. Nakor

I finished reading I"s and i am now reading Ichigo 100%. So far i think I"s is alot better than Ichigo 100%. though i am only like maybe 40 chapters into Ichigo 100%. I"s is alot more serious than Ichigo 100% seems to be. Ichigo 100% seems to have alot more comedy than I"s did.

16. Norb

I"s and Ichigo 100% are different imho.
    In I"s everyone knows who Ichitaka likes, even his childhood friend =] I won't say much in case some of you haven't read it all. In Ichigo, Manaka is still unsure although he seems to be finally choosing xD
    I enjoyed I"s xD

17. I_Am_The_........Whatever

It's an okay manga, but it wasn't that good to me. For me, Naruto and the others were waaaaaaaaaay better.

18. Nakor

well it depends what kinds of manga you prefer. If you like action manga more, then of course you will like naruto more than I's.

what others are you refering too?

19. Gutsu

Well for it's genre romance/comedy I's is damn good but if you only like stuff that has action than I's isn't for you I recommend I's for people who liked Love Hina or Kare Kano.

20. DarkSouL

Well, I've read I''s but seriously I felt Ichigo 100% was 10 x better. I was especially unhappy with the ending of I''s. Both the normal and alternate ending was crappy for me. The way I see it, I would have prefered if Seto had died and story ended like that. *Damn Unhappy with Ending* Anyway I felt I''s story was a pinch to draggy and ULTIMATELY had a bad conclusion. Well that was my opinion.

21. Gutsu

Seems like your my opposite you have the same exact opinion but it's towards Ichigo 100%. :p

Has anyone checked out Zetman it's by the same manga-ka it's his newest work yeah I know the name sounds silly but trust me it's really good. If you want you can check vol 1 here:

O-No! Subs

22. AmazinG

Does anyone know where i can download this manga? I tried directmanga.com but it doesn't sem to work anymore =(

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated

23. dbcomix

try constantly refreshing the page each time it won't download.

24. spaztik

Well I's starts off ALOT slower then Ichigo 100% which is why im kinda hesitant to reading I's cuz it starts so slow. But for me Ichigo 100% I like cuz everytime i read it i think about last year /sigh anyway its all a matter of preference. Maybe i should try reading I's, action manga hurt my eyes so i dont read thoose anymore.

25. ninjutsumaster101

me too

:amuse i read it in shonen jump too and to tell you the truth...woah..manga gone playboy soap!!!(people...i'm a chick...) :amuse

26. spaztik

ewwww soaps /bleh i got enough of thoose when i lived with my mom. but i guess its still worth a look.

27. ninjutsumaster101

not THAT type of soaps! soap operas! you know, like...one tree hill and sad, whiney shows that just make you wanna...*barf*...told you!

28. spaztik

yea my mom is in love with thoose , same with my gf. Men will NEVER understand women

29. ninjutsumaster101

Sooo i'm guessing you're a guy...but yeees. i"s is kind of an odd manga that is somewhat original to american manga is you ask me!

30. spaztik

yea im a guy, didnt knowi was talkin with a chick or i woulda held my tongue. anyway i can only read like one chapter at a time, the girl the guy wants is totally not hot and the guy is a lil to perverted. he needs to get laid bad.