1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ishida vs. Renji Anime Rematch

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Insipidipity, May 21, 2005.

1. Insipidipity

From the last time we saw Ishida and Renji in the anime, who would win in this rematch?

Ishida lost the first time, BUT, this time he seems almost as powerful as Byakuya was then. Renji was struggling with Ichigo, but Byakuya teleported sorta, broke his zanpaktou, then hit his chain link and soul sleep, the same thing Ishida had the power to do against Jiroubou. Renji is 5x stronger now, but still, that speed, strength, and accuracy of Ishida and his bow is insane now compared to what it was then.

Tags:
  2. CopyCat97

Ishida is an archer and archers need distance to be safe because they cant block with their bows. He also has shown that he can shoot multiple arrows and shoot pretty fast. His movement speed has also increased when fighting Jiroubou to save Orihime.

Renji wasn't really struggling against Ichigo, Ichigo just got better. But I think Renji would win against Ishida. And it will be a very tough battle and very close. Renji has the speed to get close to Ishida and his Zanpaktou can extend for more reach. Most of the time each one would be dodging each others attack.

3. Insipidipity

I agree that Ichigo got better, but it was good enough to keep Byakuga from crushing him in 3 moves, without any sign of trouble, despite the immense spirit power he had just gained. Orihime has the same trouble seeing Ishida move as Renji did Byakuya. I'm sure he might be a bit slower, but in the end, I think Ishida might win. He had the power to destroy the awakened form of Jirobou(a 4th seat)'s Zanpaktou, he can at least deflect Renji's Zabimaru while attacking him. Such is the power of Multishot bows(*drools thinking about Diablo 2*):)

4. Code

I'd say Ishida can take this. Ishida totally destroyed a 4th seated with no effort whatsoever and even after having mercy and being 'sneak-attacked' he took him down effortlessly. Sure there's a big gap between a vice captain and 4th but I don't think it's that big. We haven't really seen him fight any strong opponents but I'd say Ishida takes this.

5. ChaochroX

Ishida would win easily because he hasn't even reveiled his true power yet. *Spoiler* Ishida is at captain level when he takes off his glove *Spoiler*. You all will see eventualy. The anime moves alot faster then the Manga.

6. Code

Spoiler:
    Nah. He completely destroyed the head of the research institute's bankai. I'd say he's probably more on Ichigo Bankai's level IMO...

7. ChaochroX

Regardless he'd defanitly win.

8. aaasss

Renji with his Bankai may come close...

But I still give it to Ishida.

9. Khemical

Spoiler:
    Ishida after the glove came off would take out Renji, like Code said, even after the 12th Captain used his Bankai Ishida relentlessly took him down, Renji is just now becoming strong enough to even be considered at a captain level, he wouldnt win. Renji without Bankai, Ishida not taking his glove off, Renji would win. The bad part, he has to sacrifice everything to gain that power whereas everyone else always has that power.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2005
  10. itachiunleashed

ishida...he uses spiritrons(which everything is made of) and changes them into energy. he beat a captian with ease, not even a scrach. yes renji is stronger then the average vice captian, but ishida still beat a captain

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2005
  11. ccongdon

I'd have to say Renji.

I would say way, but... *spoilers*

12. Kimi Sama

I'll white out my spoilers since theres a few and I dont want to mangle my post...
    At where the anime is, I think Ishida could win.
    His movement is about as close to instantanious as is possible - quite possibly as fast as Byakuya is since he was able to effortlessly match Korutsuchi's speed, and doesnt even seem to get tired from it.
    Renji is fast but hasnt shown anywhere near that kind of speed, so I think he'd be unable to keep up.

If Ishida has distance his bow is way way fast and more accurate then Zabimaru's sekai form so he'd be able to break Zabimaru or just nail Renji before he can do anything about it.

If Renji gets up close he still probably cant do much because Ishida really is that fast

Spoiler: Now for manga talk
    If we're talking about Bankai Renji vs Ishida without the glove... probably still Ishida. He anihilated Korutsuchi's bankai and blew a hole in him with one arrow - so I think Renjis ability to reassemble Zabimaru wont help much because it would probably justbe destroyed completely. Plus, unlike Dr Crazy Face Renji isnt a freak who can take having his torso exploded, or his arm blown off so he'd die in one shot.
    No chance to evade either since Ishida is even FASTER without the glove, so theres no escape.

As much as I like Abarai-kun, he's screwed

13. zere

Totally agree with Kimimaro Sama. But while Ishida's power cant last long and it requires him to sacrifice all his powers, Renji can reuse his ban kai over and over again.. I feel its not really a fair match to begin with..

14. Code

Spoiler:
    Well with his powers, he completely destroyed a captain level person. Who knows if there's anyone that can stop him in that form,he was already paralyzed and had to use spirit energy to control hmself like a puppet. We didn't get to see him fight against a captain without it, he was fighting against both a vice and a captain, and well of course the vice was used as a decoy to injure him. Ishida gets pised and wants to destroy him. We don't know how he would've faired without it thouh the captain decied to use a decoy instead of fighting alone.

15. IronFist Alchemist

Jebus, many spoilers abound here!! :amuse

Ishida would win without much trouble.

16. reczork

in my opinion, Renji would win

17. itachiunleashed

ishida is just amazingly strong.

SPOILER

ishida uses spiritrons (which is what everything is made of) and converts it into energy which then give him practically an unlimited source of power

18. krzyvietboi2k5

If they were fighting in a 5-mile wide terrain Ishida would win, but close range no way in hell could Ishida touch Renji.

19. Gooba

If he takes off his glove, he will win. I can only see Captains surviving him with his glove off, and not even all of them. Without taking his glove off, I doubt he would be able to beat Renji at the current part of the anime. Ichigo and Renji were pretty close, and Ichigo is clearly better than Ishida normally, being the leader and having it stated a bunch.

20. superman_1

would say ishida.....he is really my fav. also.....but anyways....there are lots of good points made my Kimimaro Sama to which i agree......ishida speed is very fast compared to renji and his multiple arrow shots are also fast and kill him ......
    Spoiler:
    or he can just remove is glove and use more power and just shoot him and kill.......look wat he did to mayuri and his bankai
    ......that was amazing....and from just one shot......that was pure wicked.... and liked it.....

21. Rice Ball

I'm thinking Ishida would take this one.

Heres the reasons-

I first thought renji would take this due to Manga spoilers :)
    But Ishida is very smart, and would figure our Renji's attack patterns very fast (or alot faster than ichigo did) He also has Super speed, i wouldn't think renji would be able to dodge.

Spoiler:
    Also we saw his attack was powerful enough to take out a powerful captain

22. Brooke

I think Renji would beat Ishida for a few reasons.

*Possible Spoliers*

#1 we cant possibly say that Ishida is faster then Byakuya using his flash step and Renji is able to keep up with that.
    #2 I dont think Ishida can destroy Renji's Ban Kai he could make it into pieces and leave segments behind to suprise attack.Also Renji's Ban Kai seems way more durable then 12th Division Capt.
    #3 Renji with his sword normal is able to attack in 3 strikes and is also able to dodg while doing so,shown in his fight with Ichigo.
    #4 Renji is able to use Kidou though he never has be is able to and may be able to pull off a binding spell.He did'nt use any against Byakuya or Aizen because they would be able to break free.He did'nt use any against Ichigo cause he wanted to beat him straight out.

I think Renji can win even if Ishida removes the glove,12th Division Capt is no where on the level of others plus Ishida normal was'nt faster then him and Renji can keep up with Flash Step.

23. Code

1. It's very likely that Ishida is faster than Byakuya's flash step.
    2. Ishida's power is able to obliterate a captain's bankai in 1 shot. I doubt Renji's would take much more.
    3. And Ishida can constatly attack with massive damage with the Quincy shyunpo move.
    4. I don't recall Renji using Kidou.

How come peopel always try to discredit Mayuri's strength? 1 touch paraylizes your entire body, be within 200 meters of his bankai and you're already dead regardless of what you do afterwards. And he's definitely not slow. And he has many alterations to his body which he can wield quite skillfully ontop of him probably being one of the most intelligent and knowledgable in soul society. And also probably one of the more experienced once also. And Renji is simply a vice captain. Renji can keep up with Shyunpo, and Mayuri can use shynpo and his speed wasn't that much of a problem for Ishida. (Well the anime added parts, in the manga there may have been some fighting going on between the flashbacks but it was pretty much Ishida takes of his gloves and each hit takes a huge chunk out of Mayuri's body and the fight ends just like that without Ishida taken any injury aside from the initial hit and poison)

24. dkdoll

Ok, at the end of the Soul Society ark, it's impossible that Ishida would even stand a chance against Renji. *SPOILERS!!!*

Before the traitors leave, Gin lets out a flash of reiatsu and Ishida (along with Inoue and others) cower and fall due to the force. Then, Ishida was still at a level where he could be hindered just by captain-level reiatsu. Saying that he can defeat a captain-level is very far-fetched. The glove release was a one-time strength that gave up his powers permanently. (Even though *SPOILER* he gets them back) Also, part of the power may have been from the glove itself, not Ishida.

Renji on the other hand, stood his ground against captain-level attacks and even induced Byakuya to use his bankai and Senkei (the swords that held him down at the end) to defeat him. Although we cannot be sure how Gin and Byakuya compare in power levels, there would not be such a disparity that Gin's reiatsu is stonger than Byakuya's bankai. And all you need is Gin's reiatsu to make Ishida fall.

But current manga, we don't know how stong Ishida and Renji have gotten, so it's hard to tell. But at the end of SS, Renji would have whipped Ishida.

ETA: Ishida only has one glove! He can't use it again. Even if he could, Renji has Higga Zekkou, his own last resort attack. And we don't even know how physically weak Mayuri is. Ishida would have died if Nemu didn't decide to be nice.

25. slysamurai12510

code and tooth pick your retarted ishida would rape renji 1 hes way faster 2 he would figure out his fight pattern 3 that captain he deafeated is stronger then renji. now maby without the glove it would be close but if he had it renji wouldnt stand a chance.

26. AbnormallyNormal

when did uryuu and renji fight in the first place? uryuu would win.

27. PDQ

link

28. Byakuya