• Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.

• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Naruto It Bores Me, It Will Bor-u-to: The Anti-Boruto FC

What do you dislike about the Boruto series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yumioftheleafvillage

Extraordinary Ninja
I thought bolt was replacing everyone?
With the way the whole things going they might as well make him Hokage while the rest of them stay home

They bullied Naruto and Sasuke enough. If lil shit is the only one to defeat the aliens then let lil shit fight them

Just leave my boys out of it. They've had enough

atones25

Who are the sasuke fans hating on/blaming in twitter? Bolt or kawaki?
Boruto. But some of them don't like Kawaki either. Boru/Narutwit was a mess on the 17th. SS/SasuNaru and Sasuke stans all bashed Boruto and the Boruto stans were fighting back with Sasuke/Rinnegone memes.

r3mus

I am cute...
tbh...you couldn't pick worse shounen manga to continue than Naruto. At the end all the chars were overpowered. The villain has been dealt with and world was safe.
A possible way how they could have make this interesting would be following a new character inside the Naruto world. Showing sides of the world we haven't seen yet (by doing this you could have interesting world building which this manga lacks completely). And just to avoid unnecessary powercreep with their kids (I would erase them altogether) make a villain/antihero of the character we follow who is actually intelligent and does not solve everything with "my penis is bigger" style and challenges Naruto in a different way... this way you can put power hungry aliens to rest and have actual character development Naruto needs... for example realizing that being Hokage was a nice dream, but it was a dream of a child. Now that he is an adult he knows that it isn't the best thing for him or the world around him. I know it is a change of style but I think that it could be a much needed change....instead we got this diluted corpse of once loved manga whose og characters are paper thin and new ones (their kids) are boring... I am amazed by the fact that they cannot write a single good character even when they are focusing years on him...

flg1998

tbh...you couldn't pick worse shounen manga to continue than Naruto. At the end all the chars were overpowered. The villain has been dealt with and world was safe.
A possible way how they could have make this interesting would be following a new character inside the Naruto world. Showing sides of the world we haven't seen yet (by doing this you could have interesting world building which this manga lacks completely). And just to avoid unnecessary powercreep with their kids (I would erase them altogether) make a villain/antihero of the character we follow who is actually intelligent and does not solve everything with "my penis is bigger" style and challenges Naruto in a different way... this way you can put power hungry aliens to rest and have actual character development Naruto needs... for example realizing that being Hokage was a nice dream, but it was a dream of a child. Now that he is an adult he knows that it isn't the best thing for him or the world around him. I know it is a change of style but I think that it could be a much needed change....instead we got this diluted corpse of once loved manga whose og characters are paper thin and new ones (their kids) are boring... I am amazed by the fact that they cannot write a single good character even when they are focusing years on him...
To be fair, for kishimoto despite Narutos flaws this was his passion project where he did try for most of it. That personal touch and passion is also what's lacking in boruto. There no personal drive to why they are doing this outside of a cash grab to milk what they can.

r3mus

I am cute...
To be fair, for kishimoto despite Narutos flaws this was his passion project where he did try for most of it. That personal touch and passion is also what's lacking in boruto. There no personal drive to why they are doing this outside of a cash grab to milk what they can.
Yes, you said it... was...but at the end he didn't really know what to do anymore and gave it away easily (after all those years I kind of understand). Anyway, I do not think that he will magically revive the thing (not after the major flop of his other "passion project")...I believe that he is there to end it in a somewhat acceptable manner.

flg1998

Yes, you said it... was...but at the end he didn't really know what to do anymore and gave it away easily (after all those years I kind of understand). Anyway, I do not think that he will magically revive the thing (not after the major flop of his other "passion project")...I believe that he is there to end it in a somewhat acceptable manner.
I'm not saying he ended it in the best way since he's admitted he did fuck up in the war arc and wrote himself into a corner when I guess from his perspective made Madara too OP even though there were probably a few better ways to close that where granted a few may come off as usual shonen tropes which is fine since there's nothing wrong with that. tropes and archetypes are as much a part of fiction as other elements where it's all a matter of how you handle them and execute them. Samurai 8 while I wouldn't call it a passion project and more of a attempt on kishimoto's part showing he isn't a one hit wonder which didn't work too well as samurai 8's problems were the opposite of naruto to the point it lost people's interest very quickly and it didn't help Hiro Mashima was his main competition in the sci fi shounen market which seems to have grabbed more attention than dr stone in most aspects.

as for kishimoto taking the helm in boruto, I already expressed my thoughts on the matter which basically just boil down to he may do some improvements but overall the boruto manga is too deep in the hole to be pulled out of and even if he did pull it out, it's unlikely kishimoto can keep it that way for long along with the change in tone and atmosphere where it will feel inconsistent. and i do hate people are using the anime as an excuse for boruto still continuing when all the anime is doing is basically wasting time and not doing anything to develop the characters in a meaningful way or handle something in a way that feels like gives a new look on the older characters. I don't think a continuation was a bad idea since it just needs a proper focus, it doesn't matter if that focus on was on the daily family life stuff for naruto in how he balances work and being a dad and show how he's still the same character people love but has that adult view of things he didn't have when he was younger.

Gen D

The anime reminded me of the ferking weird Ninja Prosthetic Naruto got in the Boruto Manga.

Naruto was given a fully biological arm composed of Hashirama's DNA.

But now he just has an arm slot where he can insert arms?

Why would he do that? Why not someone like Gai who could really use a Prosthetic? Or why couldn't Sasuke test it, he already doesn't have an arm.

It just seems dumb to me.

flg1998

The anime reminded me of the ferking weird Ninja Prosthetic Naruto got in the Boruto Manga.

Naruto was given a fully biological arm composed of Hashirama's DNA.

But now he just has an arm slot where he can insert arms?

Why would he do that? Why not someone like Gai who could really use a Prosthetic? Or why couldn't Sasuke test it, he already doesn't have an arm.

It just seems dumb to me.
If I had to guess it would probably be because devil may cry 5 made it look cool and someone wanted an excuse to copy full metal alchemist too

Yumioftheleafvillage

Extraordinary Ninja
I dunno if we did this before (or maybe we did and I can't remember) but let's come up with Boruto movie titles because SP ain't giving him one despite his dad having like seven or eight movies.

I'll start:

Boruto the Movie: Ninja clash at Wal-Mart during black Friday.

Gex

Senior Enchanter of the Minrathous Circle of Magi
Since trilogies are nowadays in fashion.

Boruto the Movie: Why You Shouldn't Have Children

Boruto the Movie 2: Ninjas in Search of the Lost Plot, Character Development and Coherency

Boruto the Movie 3: Retcon, Retcon Everywhere

Gex

I started watching Promised Neverland today as some recommended it here.

I swear if someone tells me one more time that people hate Boruto because characters are twelve...

Edit.
Add to that that claims you can't have a strong female protagonist because it's shonen/seinen.

BS!

Last edited:

atones25

I swear if someone tells me one more time that people hate Boruto because characters are twelve...

Edit.
Add to that that claims you can't have a strong female protagonist because it's shonen/seinen.

BS!
I loved The Promised Neverland!! I agree with everything you've said!

It's not that I want Sarada to be the protagonist tho, I just want her to be a well written female. But they seem to be shafting her and all the other females.

Last edited:

Yumioftheleafvillage

Extraordinary Ninja
"The protagonists are twelve" is an odd argument considering most people who hate Boruto grew up with Naruto where the Konoha eleven are ALL 12-13

People just like the OG because they had to work for their powers unlike Boruto's gen which gives out hand-me-downs like an older cousins old clothes :/

Gex

"The protagonists are twelve" is an odd argument considering most people who hate Boruto grew up with Naruto where the Konoha eleven are ALL 12-13

People just like the OG because they had to work for their powers unlike Boruto's gen which gives out hand-me-downs like an older cousins old clothes :/

That and 12 year old Naruto wasn't fightning Juubi Jin Madara. (And even than they ofc had to retcon and ruin by making him fight Urashiki)

Boruto series - destroying original franchise since 2016 -.-

I loved The Promised Neverland!! I agree with everything you've said!

It's not that I want Sarada to be the protagonist tho, I just want her to be a well written female. But they seem to be shafting her and all the other females.

I stg it's just children playing tag and it's more entertaining than the entire career of Boruto.

Well, there's this claim around here, that you can't have a well written female (let alone a protagonist) because it's shonen.
And shonen is watched by boys.
And boys are not interested in strong female characters.
*shrug*

flg1998

That and 12 year old Naruto wasn't fightning Juubi Jin Madara. (And even than they ofc had to retcon and ruin by making him fight Urashiki)

Boruto series - destroying original franchise since 2016 -.-

I stg it's just children playing tag and it's more entertaining than the entire career of Boruto.

Well, there's this claim around here, that you can't have a well written female (let alone a protagonist) because it's shonen.
And shonen is watched by boys.
And boys are not interested in strong female characters.
*shrug*
uuuhhhh what shonen manga or anime have these guys been reading or even watching? before promise neverland we've had plenty of female heroines in shonen jump before. regardless if they're the main focus or not doesn't take away the fact that claim by itself is the dumbest thing ever said and easily proven wrong. Rosario Vampire, Medaka box, and To Love Ru are 2 examples with 3 female leads who have their successes. 2 of them by being the kick ass fighters while also being interesting if you read the mangas while lala in to love ru was a different lead with super human abilities that makes as trouble as she can fix them. promise neverland is interesint not cause of the who leads are but because the concept is something different like when death note came out and wasn't a typical shonen series. the concept and premises were interesting where the characters were the extra icing on that cake that made it more interesting cause it was a interesting metaphor on being raised as live stock while also having a bit of horror though granted the anime while hasn't done it terrible does show they had to be careful in how they approach things due to how many had read the manga and have to rely on atmosphere and music as well as using specific camera angles for a different experience from the manga.

anyway putting that mini rant aside my overall point is whoever you been talking about no one likes female leads in shonen jump or whatever is complete BS as I'm sure someone is a pure die hard shonen jump or just shonen in general can tell and point out there are a plethora of bad ass females regardless if they're a main or side character and all of that is without accounting for how the ladies can look sexy or cute or in some cases both without compromising their characters.

Foxfoxal

Edit.

BS!
Enjoy while it last, because the quality does not last too long.

Gex

uuuhhhh what shonen manga or anime have these guys been reading or even watching? before promise neverland we've had plenty of female heroines in shonen jump before. regardless if they're the main focus or not doesn't take away the fact that claim by itself is the dumbest thing ever said and easily proven wrong. Rosario Vampire, Medaka box, and To Love Ru are 2 examples with 3 female leads who have their successes. 2 of them by being the kick ass fighters while also being interesting if you read the mangas while lala in to love ru was a different lead with super human abilities that makes as trouble as she can fix them. promise neverland is interesint not cause of the who leads are but because the concept is something different like when death note came out and wasn't a typical shonen series. the concept and premises were interesting where the characters were the extra icing on that cake that made it more interesting cause it was a interesting metaphor on being raised as live stock while also having a bit of horror though granted the anime while hasn't done it terrible does show they had to be careful in how they approach things due to how many had read the manga and have to rely on atmosphere and music as well as using specific camera angles for a different experience from the manga.

anyway putting that mini rant aside my overall point is whoever you been talking about no one likes female leads in shonen jump or whatever is complete BS as I'm sure someone is a pure die hard shonen jump or just shonen in general can tell and point out there are a plethora of bad ass females regardless if they're a main or side character and all of that is without accounting for how the ladies can look sexy or cute or in some cases both without compromising their characters.

Exactly.

There's nothing wrong with 12 year old protagonists or female protagonists but write them in a competent way (not like whatever Burrito's doing) and you'll have your audience.

Don't blame poor quality on age/gender or scheduling.

Enjoy while it last, because the quality does not last too long.

:catsuicide

spoilsport

So far so good after 1st season. Let's see how the 2nd one will go.

Foxfoxal

:catsuicide

spoilsport

So far so good after 1st season. Let's see how the 2nd one will go.
I've not read the manga, but manga readers literally scream at you that every arc gets worse and that the first season is the peak when you talk about it.

Gex

I've not read the manga, but manga readers literally scream at you that every arc gets worse and that the first season is the peak when you talk about it.

I see how that would be the case, 1st season was pretty self-contained.

I went to mal and manga readers are already screaming that they butchered 2nd season despite only 1 ep airing so far.

As it is however, something makes me root for those children. Meanwhile in Boruto's case I pray Momoshiki eats him asap. They should be given some award for making such unsympathetic protagonist. Takes a certain amount of skill.

Ecei

I've read the manga, and yeah it does kinda get progressively worse after the 1st arc.
I thank tpn for that 1st arc.

It killed alot of bolt fan's argument

"people don't like bolt because the MCs are 12"

And this used to be a common excuse : "the following isn't big because it's a new manga"

Then out of nowhere tpn overtook bolt. A more recent manga with no anime adaption overtook bolt

flg1998

What episode is this??

Did naruto really kick bolt?
last week's episode. they tried to do this whole thing where boruto can take on his dad which i guess they were basically trying to do what ultimate ninja storm 4 did in the naruto vs boruto battle. needless to say this pretty dumb from a narrative tand point where boruto has quite literally done nothing to earn this or even feel like this was somehow being built up like this is the focus of the story when it clearly isn't.

Top Bottom