1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

It just came to mind about Enma

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by geminis, Nov 15, 2005.

1. geminis Active Member

If this has been done I apologize in advance and the mods do their respective jobs...

I was just curious about the Enma summon and who (if possible) will have a contract with him again since the only person to have a contract was most probably sandaime but you never know. Kishi might come up with a relative of sandaime later on who can summon enma. Better yet, maybe konohamaru will be able to summon enma later on in the future that would be interesting.

What do you guys say?

Tags:
  2. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Yeah Konohamaru would be awesome with Enma.

3. 火影ナルト friends

Konohamaru. He's gonna become a chuunin soon.

4. Wrath Mourning

Konohamaru won't have the chakra to summon Enma for a long time, sadly.

So the only person who could potentially summon him any time soon is Asuma.

5. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

Wow. Konohamaru with Enma is pretty badass.

Some other candidates:

Well, the Monkey summons is pretty Journey-to-the-West-ish so I'd say the China-inspired characters would have a shot. Meaning essentially Gai and Ten Ten. Lee would be the best damn match for that summons of all time but the poor bastard can't perform anything but taijustsu.

Edit: Yup, yup. I forgot that Gai already has his turtle summons. So no Gai.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  6. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yeah, i was thinking the same thing, but i wouldn't want to see konohamaru with it. it would be awesome to see naruto have enma as a summon aswell, lol, but that's not likely.

7. Splintered Active Member

I vote Konohamaru. Once he gets older at least.

8. geminis Active Member

^ yea, I doubt shinobis get more than one contract. If naruto was able to summon enma and gamabunta.....Holy Moly! Might as well attack akatsuki's hideout.

9. SonicTron Well-Known Member

Why in god's name do you people keep throwing around Asuma as a relative of the sandaime hokage. Please stop it at once.

10. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

His name is Sarutobi Asuma :oh

Not only that but they look alike.

11. Chi Technical knockout

I doubt he'll become chunnin aynytime soon..

And i don't want to see kid Konohamaru summoning Enma. It'll be cool when he'll be like 15-20 (probably after another timeskip. If there will be one of course). And it kinda seem logical. He's Sarutobi's grandson after all..

12. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Saru means monkey so Asuma will probably use him if he has enough chakra but as big as he is he might if he uses a lot.

13. Wrath Mourning

Because it's pretty damn likely to be the case, that's why. Let me show you a picture from when Asuma was introduced.

And even if the fact that Asuma wasn't introduced specifically resembling the Third and sharing his name, the fact that he has "Saru" in his name makes him having a contract with the Monkeys extremely possible. Both Kakashi and Gai has summoning contracts, so Asuma almost certainly does as well.

14. Lucifer Banned

oh well, Konohamaru can summoned Enma... I don't think Sarutobi's relavite or adopted child.

Saruto's not RELAVITE Asuma!!! 1st and 2nd Hokages given him "Sarutobi" child is probably lost family... Asuma his family name "Sarutobi".

15. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Yeah Wrath, i agree. But what was he saying Geez too?

16. Wrath Mourning

To Iruka complaining about the kids being nominated for the Chuunin Exam.

17. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

He doesnt fit Asuma, even if Asuma is related to Sarutobi - he uses knuckle blades as his weapon of choice, not a giant monkey staff

Perhaps there is a line of different monkeys just like there is with Jairaya's frogs or Orochimaru's snakes. So while Konohamaru may not summon Enma himself, he may summon a younger and weaker version that ages as he does.

18. Jimnast Shinobi

Why asuma?

19. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Since every character in the Naruto world is typically referred to by either a title or their given name rather than their family name, it makes more sense to assume that Sarutobi was the given name of the Sandaime Hokage rather than the family name. Just as we assume Orochimaru, Tsunade, and Jiraiya to be the given names of the Sannin rather than their family names. Heck, if Tsunade is the family name of the Shodai Hokage, we might as well call both the Shodai and Nidaime by the name of Tsunade.:xp

There is the possibility that this assumption is incorrect, but it seems more likely considering that it's continuing with the trend of "addressing others" that is prevalent throughout Naruto.

20. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Asuma is the most well-rounded of all the Jouninl. Sarutobi is extremely well rounded when he was in his prime. Not only that but they look alike, both have Sarutobi and ect.

21. Chi Technical knockout

Do you mean surnames. Tsunade is a name. So shodai's surname isn't Tsunade.
    We have Hatake(surname) Kakashi (name). Nar/Sas/Saku call him Kakashi- sensei. *name*-sensei.
    And Otrochimaru was calling sandaime: Sarutobi sensei. What kinda points that it's Sandaime's name.
    In Asuma case it's his surname. Sarutobi Asuma.
    And means Konohamaru don't have "Sarutobi" in his name-surname (it isn't Sarutobi Konohamaru"...
    Of course i might missed something..

22. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Its irrelevent though, because even if he was related he doesnt use bo staffs in combat, he uses bladed knuckles - apparently he even has chakra techniques to enhance them in combat, so I dont see him just swapping his weapon speciality out.

If we see him again, its going to be from Konohamaru.

23. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Yeah. Surname. Family name. Same thing.:p

With the Tsunade thing, I was using that as an example against the idea that Sarutobi is the Sandaime Hokage's family name... or surname.:p

24. Wrath Mourning

While this is true, certain characters don't actually seem to have family names. None of the Sannin do, and neither did the Third... which is why it's very possible that the Third's children would have to use his given name as their family name.

And the chances of it simply being a coincidence are very, very slim.

25. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

It's not that they don't have family names, but we're just unaware of what they may be. Naruto doesn't have a clan or a family, yet he has a family name.:huh Of course, we can assume that he does have a clan and family, or did, so we can also assume that all of the characters have a family name, except we don't know what their surnames may have been.:p *yes, 'family name' became a bit of a mouthful there*XD

While it's possible that there may be a familial connection between Asuma, Konohamaru and the Sandaime Hokage, it just doesn't seem possible at the moment from the way these things seem to work in the Naruto world. Until Asuma proudly declares that he's the son of the Sandaime Hokage or something, I probably won't go along with the assumption that they're related.:amuse

26. 火影ナルト friends

I don't think Konohamaru will summon Enma any time soon. I think nobody will summon Enma until around the time Konohamaru becomes Hokage (in the distant future).

27. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yeah i doubt we'll be seeing enma ever again, unless they do a few more time skips. but anything is possible i guess.

28. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

Hrm I'd expect Asuma to have a summoning contract, whether or not he's actually related to the Sandaime Hokage will determine whether he can summon Enma or not.

I could see Konohamaru summoning Enma but I doubt we'll see it in the story at all, maybe Kishi will give us some artwork at some point of our younger characters when they are older and we'll get Konohamaru with Enma.

29. Mookie New Member

I'd like to see enma with Konohamaru. THink he would be a good instructor for Konohamaru, kind of like, teaching Konohamaru the things his grandfather can't because the third died. THat's just my personal hopes for the enma summon.

30. Sariachan shadowy_blue no neechan

I would like to see Konohamaru summoning Enma, too.
    The Mokey King is the summon I like the most! :)