1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Itachi, Akatsuki's Manchurian Candidate...?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by geminis, Oct 3, 2006.

1. geminis

I was rewatching the Uchiha massacre (I was showing my friend how Itachi got down) when I noticed how Itachi reacted to Sasuke crying out "Brother stop what are you doing!?" (or something like that.) To me it seemed as if Itachi was acting out his wishes subconsciously. Itachi snapped back into reality after hearing Sasuke yelling at him. To make this short, I think Itachi has been brainwashed and is asked to do ludacrous shit via subliminal triggers. I think the AL has a type of hold or jutsu he imposes on Itachi similar to how Sasori placed one on Kabuto. This would also explain how AL just peered at Itachi and told him to give up naruto to Sasori. Ok, so maybe AL is just strong enough to bitch Itachi into doing his bidding but certainly shouldn't rule this out.

What do you guys think?

If this has been done I apologize in advance and I guess the mods throw this thread out.

Tags:
  2. Sephero

I myself refuse to acknowledge that Itachi's very random massacre of his entire family was his own bidding. It just doesen't make sense. Great theory.

3. Thorn

Well, it would explain him wanting Sasuke to surpass him.

4. geminis

Thanks Seph, Maybe this would also explain why he is so damn stagnant (I hope I'm using this word correctly) as a character. Always calm and shit and then boom, starts merking ppl left and right. The trigger is probably something stupid too. Maybe that book in the secret shrine has a verse that triggers a reaction in Sasuke's and Itachi's mind.

5. Orion

^^ lol idk why but for some reason i loled at u sayin merkin people left and right.

6. Artificial_Sunshine

I knew Frank Sinatra was involved... Why else would Cyd Vicious, [the Akatsuki leader, perhaps?] remake 'My Way'?

On Topic:

Does anyone think that maybe Orichimaru was involved in some esq. experiments while in Konoha? For all we know, half of Konoha's ninja could be sleeper agents; and go on bloody rampages every time someone flashes a Queen od Diamonds [Poker nights must be awkward]

7. nightmaremage99

And I think that Itachi massacred his clan to actually gain entrance into Akatsuki.

Why? Cause all the Akatsuki members are S-level missing nins, and Itachi needs to do some rather terrible things to get that S-level part and super criminal part; what better to get your notoriety up than killing the your entire clan? Plus, Itachi gets to try the MS out if he wants to.

8. geminis

You would really laugh if you heard me say it. I have a bronx accent which makes me sound deeper than I look. I think it's a speech impediment.

9. Haohmaru

reason he merced his fams is so test his might (mortall combat anyone). besides it couldve been a test to get into aka. both reasons are true and seem realer, far realer that your theory. still a nice theory but totally impossible, especially on a genjutsu master like itachi.

10. Kakuzu

Your theory also gives Itachi a good reason to spare his brother. :)

11. Godeiche

That'd be kinda cheesy, though, after SAsuke finally kicked the crap out of him...

S: Now I'm finishing you off, you evil genocidal bitch of a brother!
    I: Wait, it's all coming back to me, now!
    S: Errr... What is? Make this quick, I got some killing you to get over with...
    I: It's all clear!
    S: WHAT IS CLEAR?
    I: Nothing!
    S: ...
    I: I remember nothing! I was under a spell all this time! Did I hurt anyone?
    S: Shut up. You killed our entire family and, worst of all, you had me looking for... HATRED!
    I: wait, I don't remember that part!
    S: Katon Goukakyu no-jutsu!
    *much burning and screaming ensues and Sasuke walks towards the sunset*

12. tangoOFDOOM

Hmm. I was like that too at first. But then it's like all, no.

But I do have to hand it to you...that moment, the one where Itachi drops to the ground becasue of eight-year old Sasuke...is the moment which stuns us all Itachi-fangirls.

13. geminis

Yea, yea I guess that would be cheesy. So now I'm guessing, it was to test his capacity as well as to gain rep into Akatsuki, but was somehow influenced by some ideaology or a higher power than him.

14. JayG

Which means that, right as Itachi is about to finally snap out of it, the AL uses Genjutsu and plays "Relax"...and Itachi once again is back in his command.

15. QuoNina

I, too, think AL or someone plays a big part in his persue of power. *check my siggy for a long rant XD* It's hard to say to what extent. In support of this theory, Itachi did undergo a drastic change in attitude and it was left totally unexplained.

This is what I really want to see happening to him. It would make his increase in power ironic with loss of the sense of belonging. The same misfortune may have happened to Uchiha ancestors. And Itachi is being led down to a pathetic path. And it would be a similarity of Uchiha brothers, being powerless when it comes to their own fates.

Also, by making him a pawn, it at least preserve his humanity deep down there and might resurface later. The revelation of his condition would trigger a lot of emotional responses from Sasuke that would become relevant to the plot. He might get involved against Akatsuki and saves Kyuubi/Naruto. Or it becomes an underlying danger for him to betray Naruto and obtain power in remembrance of his brother's unfinished dream.

16. Kamui the Azrael

m akes sense. I mean but what about the fact about the ms???

17. DJ-Kage

The truth is Itachi killed his best friend by jumping on his head, and he dropped a MK powerup. Then Itachi continued killing all the people in his clan to see what else would they drop.

18. geminis

I view the MS incident (or the method in which he obtained the MS) seperate from the Uchiha Massacre. I don't think these events really coincide with each other except for the fact that he took the oppurtunity to embelish Sasuke with that info.

19. crimson8k

It might give Sasuke a reason to continue fighting as well. After he defeats his brother. You'd think he would be pretty much done as a character. But if it were caused by someone else. It might give him a reason to fight next to Naruto all the way to the end. I really like this idea.

20. hex-kunai-sensei

how s he being brainwashed, his sharingon eyes see through genjutsu...its a great theory but how would itachi be brainwashed....drugs..i like the idea but i dont think itachi mind weak enough to do so.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  21. Shisui

I don't know if I like this theory or not, but I agree that it definitely seems likely.

Though, I would say that if Itachi's being controlled by the AL it's probably that the AL is actually inhabiting Itachi's body through some variation of shouten no jutsu and controlling his actions that way. Or at least speaking through him. Because that would explain all Itachi's talk about his "testing his vessel."

22. Haohmaru

yeah right the brain washer getting brainwshed isnt the best theory.

23. durtycheese

i dont htink hes brainwashed, i think hes just crazy.

24. ~Blood~

THE IMPERIUS CURSE COPY BY COPY MANGAKA KISHI STRIKES DOWN

25. hex-kunai-sensei

it his parents fault they named him. whys that relivent...itachi means weasel

and weasels are bad omens off death family killing japanesse folklore, not his fault at all the scroll in that shrine was a dicinary and told the meaning of his name .lol .

im not serious by the way, but his name and its meaning is true.

26. Dralavant

I think Itachi's reasons are for the renewal of a new uchiha clan. He wants it to end with himself and have Sasuke revive the clan. He wanted to test the abilities of his heritage. To not just bare the title of strongest clan in the village, but yet explore and invent new ways of achieving strength.