1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Itachi CANT have been purely self taught

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by fungus, Sep 26, 2006.

1. fungus

I'm thinking Itachi surely must have had some sensei who taught him the tricks of the trade. Like even the legendary Orochimaru, had someone that taught him shit. Itachi seems be pretty much self taught, but I find this hard to believe, coz even Orochimaru fears Itachi. Well if he was self taught, then he must have absorbed 100 billion jutsus while he was in ANBU, and done shit load of missions with the Sharingan activated. Still, to be classified as a "Legendary" ninja you need a "lengendary" master. Even Yodaime had someone supreme like Jiraiya teaching him. And like wise Naruto has Yamatto + kakashi and entire konoha feeding knowledge.

So where did Itachi get all this wealth of jutsu and become so smart so fast. Maybe Mandara? Maybe AL? or Maybe Danzou taught him.... what do u fink:mad

Tags:
  2. The Pink Ninja

He was taught like a regular ninja in the academy and by his Jonin sensai and his ANBU captain and his father and clanmates and whoever else teaches ninja in Konoha.

He just learned really fast and really well. That's why he's a prodigy genius ninja. The MS like most super moves was self taught with only the scrolls from the hidden shrine.

3. fungus

Still even PRODIGY ninjas have spectacular teachers. Yodaime, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, the list just goes ON and ON. School just teach the basic shits. Its not like in school you learn how to SUMMON a huge ass FROG. Or learn all this other crap.. You need good shit from proffesionals to build upon first. Itachi MUST have got it from someowhere, and not just the library.

Are you telling me ITACHI became so good by going to the library with sharingan activated, or going to library and going to WWW.GOOGLE.COM and picking up all FORBIDDEN jutsus that way

4. Viciousness

^^what he said, and he had a book in the basement with the history of the Uchiha Clan, or whatever it is that Sasuke went down there to look at before getting his ass kicked by Itachi.

And if Naruto could pick up his signature attack from a hidden scroll, a genious like Itachi could do that times 50 for sure.

5. Spanish Hoffkage

That makes him more awesome. So far he's the only one uber charatcer who hadn't an uber teacher.

6. fungus

Well naruto case was purely luck, and the exception as the manga is called Naruto. You could easily argue naruto could become 100X better by getting his clnoes to go through all the forbidden scrolls rather than having yammatto and Kakashi to help him. If naruto can learn 1 thing from the scroll that makes him imbalanace imagine if he goes through the ENTIRE SCROLL. But yeah having Kakashi and Yamato and what not by naruto side has certainly meant NARUTO developing 1000x faster.

Itachi on the other hand had what? he just had the library?

7. Woofie

So... who taught Jiraiya how to summon a huge ass frog? Are you saying that Sandaime knew how to summon Manda, Gama Bunta and Katsuyu as well as Enma? Or maybe, just maybe, Jiraiya learned how to do it himself? The same way Yondaime probably taught himself Hiraishin, Rasengan and Shiki Fuujin, etc.

Not everything is passed down from generation to generation; someone had to invent these jutsu in the first place, and new, even greater jutsu are being developed all the time.

That's not to rule out the possibility of Itachi being taught by someone else (I'd guess Madara if anyone), but it doesn't have to be so.

8. Futagokage

Itachi was a prodigy, 11 years Chuunin with Sharingan, I also think there were someone who "push him", he changed a lot after meet "him/her", and look at results.

9. fungus

Yeah i know. But im saying it incredibily HELPs to have someone to build all ur base knowledge and fundamentals, like nature/form manipulations. Like everyone has pretty good teachers even in real life. Its nto like everyone learnt CALCULUS or wahtever from the base at the beggining. Even smart ppl get taught, and then build upon those basics. Like I doubt at ninja school they would have taught all that chakra manipulation shit narutos learning now. UIt would take ppl many many many years to pcikup all that crap. ITACHI must have been Fast tracked by someone, with or without the SHARINGINAN

10. fungus

I totally agree. Theres gotta be someone that pushed him, and i think thats someone in the form of maybe AL, Danzou(roots), Mandara or someone!.. Maybe SHusui idunno.

OK heres another example

We have OROCHIMARU, said to be a ONCE IN A GENERATION ninja, absolutely genius, wait.. YES he even had a sensei and was taught by sarutoboi. OK SURE he taught himself to... but he further developed his UNIQUE style thats AFTER being like taught by the great Sarutoboi first.

11. SaiST Retired Staff

As the firstborn son, Itachi was brought up to be the Uchiha clan heir by his father, possibly the biggest influence in his early growth. And was good friends with Uchiha Shisui, one of the most talented Uchiha around at the time--another huge influence.

There obviously came a point where his ideals took him the rest of the way, but I believe it were those two [known]influences that gave him that head start. He wasn't self taught, and there may have been some folks working behind the scenes, that could have either directly or indirectly effected his growth--the Akatsuki and the possible 3rd Mangekyou Sharingan user both come to mind.

He didn't get that powerful on his own, a large part of this community seems to believe this(and a lot of folk have to bring up this false claim when speaking ill of Sasuke's reliance on Orochimaru for power now)

12. The Pink Ninja

You have to look at it this way;

In the real world we have geniuses and prodigies in all walks of life. In politics, arts, science, sports. And no doubt the best useally had great teachers. But that doesn't mean they can opnly get as good as those who taught them.

A teacher can show you the path but it's the pupil who walks it.

13. Naruko Supporting Staff

Just because we don't see them doesn't mean Itachi didn't have great teachers. I'm sure his father taught him a lot too, ala Hiashi teaching Hinata and Neji. Particularly sharingan related things. For the MS, yeah Itachi got it from the scroll in the basement...he's a smart guy, he already knew the regular sharingan, no reason it would take a huge leap for him to be able to figure out the scroll down there...especially since according to him it says:
    Mangekyou Sharingan
    Step 1 - get regular sharingan
    Step 2- kill best friend
    Step 3 - It's Miller Time.

Or something like that. Plus we frequently hear about ninja that create their own techniques. Once you have the basics learned, if you are a prodigy especially, how hard is it supposed to be to create new things to do with your skills? You can keep saying Oh but there must be someone that taught em, etc etc but eventually, way back at the start, someone had to figure it out on their own. You can't always have a teacher, cause they would need a teacher and so on and so on and so on. At the start you don't have a teacher, you have an innovator. With his talent and intellect no reason to think Itachi wasn't that kind of innovator for some of his MS techniques.

14. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

His father probably taught him alot of uber jutsus. It would make sense since Itachi in a way gets all his father's attention. Also his father seems very proud of Itachi, and seeing as how quickly he learns jutsus, most if not all of the uchiha's best known jutsus were probably handed down to him.

15. Troublesome

I'm sticking with my theory that Itachi was apart of ROOT and Danzou was his sensei who also happens to be the 3rd MS user. Danzou was supposed to be Sandaime level.

16. Jonas

I'm pretty sure that Itachi's past will be revealed as soon as the fight against Sasuke with him takes place. Considering this, we won't know for sure if someone taught him or whatnot. Maybe the rivalry with Shishui (even though Shisui didn't know that Itachi considered him as his rival, if he did in this case) got him motivated to obtain a wtf-pwnage level. Add that with the hidden scroll that made Itachi detaste the Uchiha's history, maybe thought it would be best to become strong enough - no matter what the cost - to wipe out the clan.

But hey, he is in fact possibly one of the final villians, so I wouldn't exclude the theory of him getting Hokage-level at the age of 11 without someone teaching him.

17. sayam

A teacher can only teach to a certain point, Then it's up to the pupil to grow.
    And Itachi grew fast. when you have been thought everything you might not still be good at it. that's just half the training, it when you have been thought everything you can really start to grow, Thats when you start to master it. Think about pro athleets. Take for example Tiger woods, one of the greatest golfer in our time. who thought him? Another one of the greatest golfer in our time? No he was thought by random people when he was young. And kept on training himself til' the point where he is today. A teacher cannot make you become as good as him, he can only tell you how.
    So for Itachi who I now compare with tiger woods, learned jutsus and fighting techniques by random people in his presence, and trained himself to become the man he is today. I can't say he's "Purely self thought" but like most people who are really good at what they do, he has to be quite self thought.

18. Goodfellow

That guy he killed to get MS, Shisui or whatever, probably had a deep foot in the whole pupilage business, I suppose.

19. Odlam

Honestly, I go with the Itachi = Root Shinobi theory even though it's only got some vague circumstancial evidence at best at this point.

We'll find out more when we find out about Itachi's background. Somebody set him on this path without a doubt though.

20. Woozie

I can't see why not. Surely the basics were taught to him like every other Uchiha but even Neji figured out how to do advanced Hyuuga techniques all by himself - and Itachi is even a much bigger genius.

21. Odlam

Ya but the difference is Neji was a solid chuunin level at what 13? Itachi was taking down his entire clan of gennin, chuunin, jounnin, elite jounnin at like 13. There's a bit of a difference, and by bit, i mean a vast chasm that is both far and deep.

22. Ofkinheimer

1. First off, it was never stated that he was "self taught." We were just never introduced to his sensei (like many other characters).

2. He did have an entire clan as he was growing up. Could have learn much from them. His fire attacks are certainly clan based.

3. He appeared, as most ninja, to have go to the Academy and received official ninja status. As a Jounin or higher, we have been told that many know or have to know 2 or more elemental attacks.

4. He was a part of a secret Ninja group, ANBU, and god knows what they teach you in there.

5. He had access to the secret scrolls of his clain. Appears to have learns many secrets of the Sharigan/his clan from those.

6. Natural prodigies don't necessarily need legendary teachers to train them. His drive, motivation, and observation skills are all he need to develop or upgrade jutsus.

So, there are many scenarios that could have existed to explain Itachi strenght.

23. Tyrannos

Itachi cannot be in "Root", because those in "Root" were orphans.

I think Kakashi could have been Itachi's first teacher, afterall he knows Kakashi real well. And of course Itachi being a Prodigy and graduating from the Academy at age and Chuunin at 11. And we know from Sasuke that the Uchiha's learn Fire Jutsu and uses it as a benchmark for manhood.

24. Divinstrosity

Self-taught? Are you for real. He was an academy student, and became a Chuunin, which means he had to have been a Genin .... even if for a very short while.

However, I do believe that drive for power pushed to him become the Itachi that we all know and love/hate today.

25. DesignCore

Ur an idiot. What about when there were no teachers and the first people were learnign it by themselves. are you saying that everyone did just as good and the same stuff over and over.

cuz your making it seem like its impossible for him to learn things on his own and incorporate that into fighting.

sumone had to learn the something that is later taught.

26. Splintered

^ Be nice and stop throwing random insults around

Well he obviously had some guidance. How could you hang around with an elite clan and not pick up some tips and jutsu. Everyone has to get their start somewhere, he just also happened to probably learn a lot on his own. *shrugs*

27. Haohmaru

i think he was guided a little but didnt really need it. after all hes been seen training by himselfe and learned most of his jutsus, especially the stronger ones by himselfe.

28. The Uchiha Wrath

We do know he was guided by his father and that Shisui had an influence on Itachi [both of whom he already surpassed]

However until now we know no one that largely influenced his training like Jiraiya influenced Yondaime [until he surpassed him that is :p]

The only likely candinate uptil now seems to be the 3rd MS user, again, that's only speculating...

29. Hagen

Yes , i believe Itachi is purely self taught, he realized that all his teachers were not good enough for him, including of course his father. He just learnt the basics from his clan and the academy, but all his powerful jutsus are purely self taught.

30. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    guys, aside from "Pinky mindfuck no jutsu" and sharingan stuff, we don't even KNOW what Itachi has in store...its far too soon to speculate on whether or not he had tutors.