1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Itachi Fatal Disease????

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Narutolovesrushil, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Narutolovesrushil Member

Spain, France, Brazil
    How Did Itachi Died????
    I Think Itachi Died Because of Some Illness.
    Yes he was killed by Sasuke.
    But before getting killed he was Spitting Blood.
    Kisame Also Told he was taking Medications!!!!
    Thoughts???
    Btw the World Cup is Starting.
    Who are Supporting.

Tags:
  2. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    It was probably Tuberculosis. Fun fact: His Seiyuu likes playing People with Tuberculosis, coz he plays Ukitake in Bleach(he has same illness):). Sasuke didn't kill him by the way. He died, because of illness.

I support my country-Poland.

3. Maxlee Warm bed

It's weird how we never got an answer to Kimimaro and Itachi's "okay guess I'll drop dead now, bye" disease.

They were both set up to be nigh invincible and Itachi going "oof my heart" bailed Sasuke out of killing him, thus keeping the doors open for redemption or whatever.

I believe as far as current wiki's and explanations go, they do pin both of them on tuberculosis, but I find it a bit ... random ... that two of the strongest fighters ever fall down by the same illness?

At the time me and others speculated that bloodlines functioned as double edged swords, meaning that how more you push and develope them, the more you strain your body and cause it to fail. Both were effectively the best of their clans so it would have panned out. It would also add a cool danger to Sasuke as characters could have told him: yes you can further increase your sharingan powers, but by doing so, you'll kill yourself. It would have added a cool choice to Sasuke's character.

Even further it could help explain Hashirama's and Tobirama's inexplicable demise, especially Hashirama as he too was a god walking amongst men with unlimited superpowers.

Then there were hints and speculations that Kabuto being the slimey bastard that he was, was poisoning Kimimaro for his own agenda, and during the Sasuke-Itachi battle, we had Zetsu giving hints that something was not right with Itachi, something was going on, even suggesting some event before this battle messed Itachi up.

None of this in the end apparently. They were sick and died at the right moment in their battles for their opponent to win.

I'm a sucker for double edged swords, but we all know the shounen tropes of "this is a once in a lifetime move only! after that I'm done for!" and "overuse will kill your ass for sure!" only for 3 arcs later you hear nothing about this anymore and the characters spam their most powerful attack.

4. Djomla Student

5. Maxlee Warm bed

The fandoms always called it ninja-AIDS yes :D

6. Djomla Student

Haha. Didn't know that. :D

7. Narutolovesrushil Member

Spain, France, Brazil
    Hope Lewandoski Scores

8. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    Thx. What Country do you support?

9. Narutolovesrushil Member

Spain, France, Brazil
    Well I am From India.
    I am supporting Brazil and France.
    Both Look Damn Good.
    Mbappe , Pogba Lacazette Greizzmann.
    And I don't Need tell about Brazil

10. Narutolovesrushil Member

Spain, France, Brazil
    LMAO

11. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    Honestly I like strong clubs(I am not fan, although I can play quite good in FIFA), but for me Brazil,Spain and Germany are on the other level than the rest.
    I hope that Brazil will meet Germany in semi-finals and kick their ass.

12. Lord Valgaav My fries

Ninja Aids. Unprotected butt sex is a real issue in the Naruto world. :raiden

13. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    He got it after being hot by Samehada :troll.

14. fuff Maybe next time ;)

"The most visible symptom of Itachi's illness is hemoptysis. The hemoptysis is, more likely than not, a result of diffuse alveolar hemorrhage. This is a classic symptom of MPA when it presents with pulmonary manifestations. There is also shortness of breath, and coughing."

via google

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

Tuberculosis. Or maybe TB caused duebto HIV immunocompromised status. Explains the cough, haemoptysis( did he have sputum production (?))

16. Lord Valgaav My fries

17. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    More like Emo fish faggot.:thisisuchiha

18. Sage light Well-Known Member

It could be due to him using The SusanoO which is a Kekkei Genkai. Then we've noticed the cellular pain Sasuke felt by using SusanoO. And, Itachi has the strongest Susano'o which led to him being affected in the heart and not just the cells. Or the answer might be what Maxlee said, The Kekkei Genkai- using most genius member of a clan will suffer a similar fate and since Naruto is great on prophecy and stuff like that, it could be a curse afflicted by a great sage like the Sage Region Rulers(Snake Sage) who can see the future and predict the route a certain shinobi might take. Kekkei genkai users were also, stated to be demons back in part-1, which is why they possess such abilities which correlates to The Curse Mark which give's the user specific abilities but erode's the body in return. It's labeled "Curse" so it might be a curse inflicted on anyone who possess it and only Kekkei Genkai Wielders can use it? Every CM Users were KKG Wielders and Sasuke could bring out the true power of the Curse Seal because of Jyuugo. Which also, might be the reason Oro looked out for the Uchihas who were the most compatible. Because of thier strongest Kekkei Genkai, which is even stronger than the Senju. Itachi has the strongest sharingan and the strongest Mangekyou Sharingan ability: The Tsukiyomi. So, using such a Power would lead to him bearing the greatest torment anyone could attain. I don't think the disease is due to conventional reasons like drugged, fought a harsh battle, or due to wordly reasons; more like it has to do with The Metaphysical Region of Wielding Demonic Abilities/The Strongest SusanoO/Being Cursed by a Sage.

19. Maxlee Warm bed

Oh yeah, there were a couple moments were Sasuke started to feel really f*cked thanks to Susano'o it seems, and not just the loss of eyesight.

But IIRC after eyeball-swap nothing was an issue anymore?

It's like the sharingan WAS properly set up as a double edged sword, not only blindness from overuse, overall f*cked upness from Susano'o spam and all the brain trauma and urge for battle or what have you.

But then it seemed like swapping eyes with another sharingan user like insta ctrl+alt+del all the bad sides of it and insta transformed you into a proper god.

But I was never a fan of these eyeball LEGO shenanigans, Kakashi was cool with his stolen sharingan, but we all know at the end of the show everyone was running around stealing eyeballs and switching eyes on a fashion basis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Kuzehiko

21. Silnaem Nothing for Wisdom

22. PradyumnaR The Demon King

Portugal
    This topic can be taken , or
    :blobhide

24. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

He dies of Kishi-wanted-to-nerf-Itachi-because-he-wanted-to-make-him-super-amazing-so-Itachi-needed-an-excuse-to-lose-and-also-to-put-an-asterisk-by-sasuke-killing-the-person-he-loved-even-though-a-terminal-illness-cheapened-the-selflessness-of-Itachi's-death-and-made-Sasuke's-entire-character-motivation-thus-far-to-do-anything-to-overpower-his-brother-basically-pointless disease. Although it was exacerbated by having to use too many physically taxing jutsu.

Its quite a rare condition.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  25. Narutolovesrushil Member

Spain, France, Brazil
    Really Great Reason but if you Notice Sai Brother was also Suffering from the same diesease (or the symptoms were the same) so kekkei Genkai is not the reason or is it:hm

26. Sage light Well-Known Member

Sai has shown Secret Arts like Ink-to-Life or Sealing Techniques, advanced one at that. Pretty sure he's originated from a Clan. Most Secret Ability users, are from such, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Suigetsu, all Secret Technique users.

27. Shinobi1jutsu Active Member

Sasuke did NOT kill Itachi!

Sasuke WAS fighting Itachi, with the hope of killing him, but it did not play out that way. At the time Sasuke fought Itachi... Sasuke was still not strong enough to defeat him. Itachi was always planning to throw the fight against Sasuke, and wanted Sasuke to kill him. However, the fact was Itachi was dying anyway because of a disease they never identify, but it was plainly stated that Itachi was terminally ill, and was taking medication to slow the process. Itachi wanted to live long enough for Sasuke to kill him, and bestow the MS on his younger brother in the process. For reasons they don't make perfectly clear, Itachi wanted to remove Sasuke's curse mark, and when he fought Sasuke, Itachi was trying to force Sasuke to expend all of his chakra, which he knew would force Orochimaru to come out, then he killed the Orochimaru that emerged, and that removed the curse mark. However, in order to Itachi to accomplish this... Itachi had to over exert himself physically, and after using the Susanoo... Itachi had only seconds left to live, which he used to stumble over to Sasuke... poke Sasuke on the forehead, which inexplicably bestowed Sasuke with the MS, like Itachi had planned... then, Itachi dropped dead.

My point being... Sasuke didn't kill Itachi, Itachi died as a result of his disease, and over exerting himself. This is the same exact way that Kimmimaru died (remember the bone guy). Neither Rock Lee nor Gaara killed Kimmimaru, all they succeeded in doing was forcing Kimmimaru (who was also terminally ill) to over exert himself, which in his failing health state... killed him. Perhaps Kimmimaru and Itachi had to same disease?!

It is never stated what they had, and it is entirely possible they had a disease that doesn't even exist in our world, and may only exists in their's. However, the symptoms of both Itachi and Kimmimaru's disease involved coughing up blood, which is characteristic of tuberculosis, but my guess is that the Kishi probably just used that, because it was a easy visual way of showcasing how sick they were, my guess is that they had a disease that only exists in their world, as tuberculosis doesn't result in sudden death upon overexertion, like it did for both Itachi and Kimmimaru.

28. Narutolovesrushil Member

Spain, France, Brazil
    Yes I Was Thinking That way as well.
    Medical ninjutsu is really advanced so Itachi dying becuase of TB Is just Nonsense.
    There are A Lot Of articles on It anyways.

29. Maxlee Warm bed

It's also sometimes that I just conclude the author enjoyed the concept of writing invincible indestructible unbeatable super villains, that then suddenly keel over and die because of MUH DISEASE

We were effectively hyped for Sasuke vs Itachi for like 10 years maybe longer. Sasuke and Uchiha were never my top interests of Naruto, if anything I was in the Hyuuga camp, but atleast I was looking forward how Sasuke was gonna dish out vengeance to scumbastard Itachi. After all, this is what drove Sasuke's entire character from the very first chapter.

Then what we got? Itachi proved to be unstoppable, he was literally unbeatable, and then decided to go ouch my lungs and drop dead. This not only robbed Sasuke of his revenge, this also robbed us as readers of a satisfying conclusion to this whole plot thing. Even worse, afterwards Itachi was transformed into the biggest saint of saints, almost going as far as justifying genocide as being a good solution to a potential problem.

Also sometimes it looks like this entire mess only had one purpose: to rid Sasuke of his curse seal? To remove Orochimaru's presence and purify Sasuke or something? Only that didn't work either, because Sasuke turned straight insane mothertrucker anyways. Did any of these events even make sense at all?

I think a lot of people are interested in Naruto because of the world and the mythos, and the author spread bread crumbs throughout the series to hint at behind-the-scenes stuff and potentially pick up on later. Only most of this never went anywhere.

There was this cool concept that atleast the Uchiha, but perhaps all bloodlines, were of scary f*ckbastard demons from inner circle of hell origins, that in trade of your youth and peaceful love life, you'd get some crazy shit bloodline powers. Dance with the devil if you will.

Well we weren't completely wrong, it's just instead of bloodsucking hellspawn we got MUH ALIENS.

Sometimes I also think future scholars will look back at Naruto and use it as a 101 on how to f*ck up your story.

30. Shinobi1jutsu Active Member

Exactly right!!!

Medical ninjutsu in their world seems at LEAST on par with today's modern medicine, but certainly seems more advanced, and probably is! However, even in own world... we can CURE TB!!! Not treat it... CURE IT!!! TB is tough, and requires cycling through different anitibotics, and it takes between 9 months to a year, but then... you are cured! So... yeah, I just don't think it could have possibly been TB.

I mean... who knows exactly what they had?! To my knowledge, they never confirmed anything, so whatever we theorize is purely speculation, but my wild guess is... interesting, at least to myself.

Itachi is an Uchiha and Kimmimaru hails from the Kaguya Clan, hence BOTH Itachi and Kimmimaru are Otsutsuki descendants. This is interesting to me, because it means they have both Human and Alien DNA. Possibly... the two radically different DNA combined within a single organism, may... in rare cases, lead to mutations that result in health problems. Alternatively, it could also very likely be the case... that both the Uchiha and Kaguya Clans... while trying to keep their bloodlines "pure," MAY have had some inbreeding, which we know can cause a number of defects, that could dramatically shorten someones lifespan. Weird as it may sound, I DO believe that it was one of these two things, or... possibly BOTH. My rationale for think this is... that I believe no matter what, Itachi and Kimmimaru would have grown sick, and died. I do NOT believe they just happened to catch some crazy disease, and ... are apparently just not contagious, since nobody around them caught their illness. I think it makes a LOT more sense that it was a hereditary issue, whether it was from Alien/Human DNA auto-immune problem, mutations, historical inbreeding, or... something else.

I don't believe their illness exists on our world, but I have a hunch that Itachi and Kaguya had the same illness. Of course, this is all just MY OPINION and nothing more.