1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Itachi... foreshadowing!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by SexyNoJutsu, Sep 27, 2006.

1. SexyNoJutsu

So I was watching the anime again and I came across this Image...

I speculate that this is a bit of forshadowing either his role OR Sauske's role in the rest of the story. I'm personally taking the side of Itachi talking about Sauske eventually taking down himself. For some reason a small part of me thinks that he's still undercover and getting ready to strike against Akatsuki.

Perhaps Itachi is the informant to Jiriya. We know there is somone on the inside... We also have this quote! Did he kill his entire clan because he didn't like them? Definately not. Did he do it to make himself stronger??? I don't think so. So why then? To make Sauske stronger.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Sho

That site doesn't allow for direct linking. I think you mean this: pic

I think what it foreshadowed was that Sasuke needed to be a "superior shinobi" in order to enforce justice upon Itachi, who committed probably the worst crime.

Other than that, I just think it was trying to convey the pride or admiration Itachi had for the clan's early days, or what they originally stood for.

3. SexyNoJutsu

lol whoops... Gotta remember I'm INSIDE the matrix. Should be fixed.

And while I wont say I disagree I'd also like to point out that the prefecing comment was talking about Madara starting the police force. It seems to run logically with the story that the uchihas are in the manga to control things.

Konoha.... bijuu... it's all Kishi's given us for past history. I don't see how that changes in the story as it typically doesn't. Especially in eastern writtings.

4. Snakety69

Well if Itachi is undercover, he's doing it a little TOO good.

5. nightmistress

But why would he want for Sasuke to be stronger to kill him if he's actually good?

Don't get me wrong, I think there's more to it with him too, but it's hard to know exactly what.

6. SexyNoJutsu

Expected from Konoha's greatest academy student?

7. Waffletime!

That's a twisted way to care for his brother. I don't think so.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  8. SexyNoJutsu

He's doing to to improve him. He said it right in the last panel.

9. Sai_What

I don't know...there's something fishy about the clan-killing-for-no-apparent-reason-whatsoever but I doubt it was to make Sauske stronger....that would be rather sick, pyscho, etc. Not that killing your family for any reason isn't already that, but I seriously doubt Itachi is undercover.

10. SexyNoJutsu

It's got to do with what's in that damn book under the mat.

There is a plan in place concearning the TRUE purpose of the Uchiha. Itachi is just carrying it out. He's been dropping clues for a long time. And his referring to himself as a vessel or container is rather strange considering what we know know about the bijuu.

11. Spirit

no he didnt.

read carefully.

EVENTHOUGH it's possible it's [the pinata party] like a drive to make sasuke stronger [since he actually didnt have to wait for sasuke to return from training, and just go MIA], but he could just be wiping the clan to start new. but he cant start the new clan in peace now that he's fugitive can he? so, who to be left with the hanky panky? the stupid little brother loh.

of course it has everything to do with the "true purpose". [sarcasm]Now, lets guess what is the true purpose? [/sarcasm]

why is that waffle everywhere? am i hallucinating? am i that hungry?

12. lazyeyeZ0o

jf thats so... than i think kakashi was foreshadowing too... unlike your, he is speaking directly to sasuke

13. SexyNoJutsu

Maybe so... however I don't happen to think Sauske is ever going to kill Itachi anyway =P

*Edit* and not in a fanboy kind of way either. It just makes for a better story if the one who choses the dark way doesn't get the end result he expects.

14. CrystalCypher

He killed the clan to test himself.
    ---

Link removed
    Link removed
    Link removed
    Link removed

He didn't like how the clan didn't bother to get stronger and just relied on it's reputation.

In the end he only wanted to try and become as strong as he possibly could become and killing his clan was only a test to reach that goal.

15. SexyNoJutsu

He measured his capacity by killing his best friend. What's killing everyone else except his brother get him? He already had the MS at that point. Why not take out the rest of Konoha then too while he was at it? It's just seems more like there is a reason for killing the entire village.

Maybe it's to prevent them from controling the bijuu that the akatsuki are collecting.... who knows. But the entire scene about he history of the Uchihas was specifically shown by kishi because it gives us some history on the past. And as I've stated before thematically it fits that this is for some other reason then just psycho rage.

16. CrystalCypher

Killing his best friend was only a measure to getting stronger by getting the Magenkyou Sharingan. Killing the clan as stated was to test himself it had nothing to do with the Magenkyou Sharingan.

The ONLY reason why he kept his brother alive was because Sasuke had the potential on getting the Magenkyou Sharingan and Itachi challenged him to one day when he had the same eyes as him to fight him.

x
    x

-Again to test himself.

Because he wasn't strong enough to kill the whole village?

17. Naruko Supporting Staff

Yeah I think Itachi killed the clan to test his capacity and that that is somehow related to the bijuui harvesting and what Chiyo said about Akatsuki wanting to make new jinchuuriki or something. Itachi can't claim to do any kind of deep cover work and kill the whole clan to back it up, can't do such a massive wrong to justify something.

I will say this, I think there might still be some kind of foreshadowing out there about Itachi though in general. In re reading the manga there are a number of art panels done by Kishi that show a group of Konoha ninjas...and Itachi. Its like Good Guy, GG, GG, GG, GG, Itachi, GG, GG, GG. Like he's just slipped in there. And I glossed over it when it was just one pic, telling myself oh the theme is talented konoha nins. But there are a fair number of pics like these and I'm wondering what the relevence is for Kishi to put in there who he is. I'm not saying Itachi will turn 'good' per se...I think he's too far gone for that (if he has a change of heart he'll still end up dead, he has to pay for his crimes), but I wonder if the foreshadowing is that the folks shown in the pic are people that will fight Orochimaru or Akatsuki (like he turns on them or something), or even something like a gathering of people that die to an out of control kyuubi or something.

18. Yamato (Inactive)

Because he doesn't care about them. Also if he would kill them who will make his foolish little brother stronger?

19. Sasuke`

I really doubt he is the informant to jiraiya and also dont you think wiping out your entire clan to make your little brother stronger is a bit to the extreme. I think itachi's reasoning behind it will obviously have something to do do with sasuke.. maybe making him stronger to defeat someone even stronger than himself. Who knows..

20. Spirit

he had no MS, so he killed his bestfriend to have it, along the way, he measured his "capacity" [may also be read as ability] without MS.

now, he killed his entire clan because:
    1. to test his MS against a number of normal sharingan user.
    2. to eliminate his clan that he hated.

he let sasuke live hoping that sasuke would obtain MS, so he can compete with yet another MS user. this is where it gets real personal. it's a way for him to measure his own ability against another ms user who really intended to kill him. can he stop sasuke? see, he challenges who he qualifies as the best. The best Uchiha, the best clan in konoha, and maybe the last one, his brother.

that's what he's planning, so far we're supposed to understand. any other underlying excuses for why he does this or that, we may gonna need a gaiden for that. or at least flashbacks.

21. (510)THIZZ

Flag:
    United States
    Good job in noticing this, I can't believe I missed all this.All the little flashbacks and hints are everywhere in this anime.

1.The 9 tails said that the uchea's are cursed.(hummm)
    2. Itachi doesn't really seem as if he's working with akatsuki.
    3.Why doesn't he kill anybody in the leaf village if he's so evil?he had the chance to kill plenty of people.KO'd the two leaf guards, put kakashi in I.C.U, THEN RAN AWAY.USED HIS MOST CHOCKRA CONSUMING MOVES on people he could have just killed but didn't(an excuse to throw off kisami)
    4.And last but not least, the book Itachi read BEFORE ITACHI KILLED HIS BEST FRIEND AND GOT THE NEW EYES.He read that book before he killed his clan too.So I think whatever he saw in that book made him do all of this.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  22. player1

What about the part where Itachi tells Sasuke that even though he Sasuke might hate Itachi, he has to get stronger. It is definitely one of Itachi's purposes to get Sasuke stronger, and he believes that you can only get strong if you hate someone, more like its the best motivation.