1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Itachi - Most powerfull ninja at the moment?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Squirrel King, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Squirrel King Squirrel King

Ok. - If this has been done before sorry, I don't read the forums much.
    I was thinking - If the reason for Itachi *was* for Sasuke to grow stong and provide him a good fight.

That would be saying that at the time Itachi killed his clan, he was the strongest ninja in the world. Otherwise, if he wanted that good fight he could have just tried to kill the Hokage or whatever.

Thoughts? Am I a tard? Agree?

Tags:
  2. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

i'm going to assume that at least akatsuki leader is stronger than him.

3. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

This must have been done hundreds of times, lol.

4. Ikari Shinji ?

He is the strongest by what's been shown up to this point
    Cept the Leader, he has to be stronger

5. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Well, I guess Itachi is already convinced that he is a unbelivable powerful ninja. The Sasuke thing, well, it has more into it than just a good fight. I also agree that the Akatsuki leader is probably more powerful than Itachi, or at least he can make Itachi thinks he is.
    But I really dont belive in this "ultimate super powerful ninja better than any other". I guess every ninja has a shot against each other. Is all about making good use of your skills, having good tatics, teamwork, and, why not, a little luck. Its hard to say that guy is the strongest, because the strongest is suppose to be the guy that can make the better use of his abilities.
    Thats what I think.

6. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Well Itachi is freaking powerful. But I believe Sasori would have owned Itachi seeing as none of his own skin is visible in most other forms, there is nothing to invade with Genjutsu. Also being puppet, Tsuyomaki would not hurt. And he is probably shinobi enough to evade Black eye fire. Sasori would probably poison and kill Itachi without much problem so yes he is not undefeatable. But everyone has there weaknesses and Itachis is few and the only one (cept of course Sasuke) who would truly pose a threat had his ass handed to him by a chick and a geriatric.

7. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Sarutobi, Sasori, Jiraiya...all seem to be stronger than Itachi.

8. k1nj3 Active Member

if itachi is stronger than the leader im gonna stop eating pie.

9. martryn Dick in hand

Yup, tons of people better than Itachi. I have no doubt he is not close to being the strongest ninja in Naruto. Sasori, most of the hokages, Jiraiya... most people won't agree with me, but I think Gai can take him.

10. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

well on paper itachi does seem to be the strongest his genjutsu is unbeatable (almost) his sharingan allows him superior taijutsu and we all know he can copy most ninjutsu.
    but the leader,saru and a few others seem to be stronger

11. zabuza-22 -silent killer

DUDE!!! Itachi is NOT the strongest ninja in the world get it straight gosh...It either has to be Akatsuki's leader or Jariaya...didn't you hear what Itachi said? Itachi CANT find Jaraiya w/out dying...Jariaya could take on AKATSUKI...but Jaraiya would die too...

12. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i'd like to start off by saying that i don't think itachi is the strongest, now with that being said there's no way to be sure who is the strongest so we just don't know. anyways, this thread wont accomplish anything but start a flame war. lol.

13. slashez Member

orochimaru is most deffinitely stronger than itachi at least, remember after third sealed orochimaru's arms, in a conversation with kabuto, orochimaru tells us that only now (after losing the use of his arms) itachi is stronger than him, but now that he has switched bodies and regained the use of his arms, he is once again stronger than itachi, after all, in a fight, if orochimaru summoned the fourth, do you really think itachi could beat him?

14. blackdragon2187 I

if Sasori is stronger than Itachi of seem to be why did he die so....umm how should i put this...lame...
    i don't think he was stronger than Itachi, strong yes but not stronger :p
    but i do agree with you Jiraiya is stronger than Itachi b/c he said it himself... Sarutobi...hmmm maybe Orochimaru is weaker than Itachi but gave the Third a hard time with that Justu, so i think your about right :)

15. blackdragon2187 I

what you said was very interesting indeed!
    but the fact is that Itachi is stronger than Orochimaru even if he has his arms,
    remember what he said to Kabuto...think for one moment now...good....that conversation with Kabuto he said that he wanted to use Itachi for his body switch jutsu, but than he goes on and says that, that's a forgotten dream now but Itachi is way stronger than him now.
    I'm really glad that someone brought that up but it wasn't all true to what you said...but if Orochimaru did use that jutsu to summon the fourth, than yea Itachi is pretty much dead lol

16. slashez Member

The fact is that you cant simply judge a character's strength based on a one time assessment that another character makes about them (in this case orochimaru's quote about itachi) especially if those two characters have not fought each other in a long time (as far as we know itachi has never for sure fought orochimaru, just because he tried to take itachi's body and failed doesnt mean they fought and itachi beat him, we have no clue what the circumstances to his failing to take his body was, maybe it was just that someone else interfered)
    A huge theme of the show is characters falsely estimating their own and other's abilities, we see it countless times
    Orochimaru and the third
    Orochimaru and Naruto
    Everyone and Naruto

so we cant assume that just because orochimaru tried taking itachi's body when he was like 11, that itachi somehow magically beat him. Lets simply look at facts, orochimaru, a legendary genius ninja who was taught by someone who was revered as the strongest of all the kages and one of the greatest ninjas ever, who has been practicing and refining his techniques for around 50 years, who has the body again of a 20 year old, and can summon the dead (especially a hokage)..... against an 18 year old genius uchiha who we know practically nothing about...I think this one sort of speaks for itself

17. blackdragon2187 I

Sorta...but it really doesn't speak for itself b/c Orochimaru said it himself, yes that's true he never really fought him but don't you think as a genius ninja that Orochimaru is could tell who he can and cannot fight? by now...i think so...remember, itachi was 13 when he killed his clan and left the village...Orochimaru at that point was still trying to complete that jutsu (from the way he was telling it to Kabuto, idk if it was just me who saw it like that) yes, i think if Orochimaru summon (a dead hokage) Itachi would have some problems but if you don't even believe what the man is telling you, then what was the point in saying what he said about itachi being stronger than him now?

18. Key #1

the leader of akatsuki got to be more stronger.

19. slashez Member

we do not know when orochimaru actually perfected his immortality technique, it could have been when the third hokage caught him doing experiments (in the flashback, during their fight) which (and i could be wrong about the exact time line) was something like 10-20 years ago, deffinitely before the time itachi killed his clan. Also orochimaru also said during the fight with the third, after he revealed his current face to third, that he had alrerady used the technique (i think he said three times, but im also not positive about that) and since we know it takes at least three years between body switches (he also can wait more than three years if he wants) that means hes mastered it at that point for several years already.

And i fully believe in what orochimaru said about itachi being stronger than him was true, after all orochimaru might underestimate an enemy (naruto, and the third) but i doubt he would overestimate, so yes i believe what he said. But i also believe that the timing of what he said was the main factor, my contention is the fact that orochimaru revealed that about itachi's strength after his arms were sealed, was the basis of that comment. Basically saying that " since i cant use my arms, right now itachi is stronger than me"

20. Zharradan New Member

He is one of the strongest, I doubt Orochimaru would give him, a hell of a fight,
    Also would Jiraya and Tsunade fight him good

I also think that many of the other Akatsuki member, can keep up with him,at least the Leader of Akatsuki shoult fight well with him

21. blackdragon2187 I

yes, what you said the the timing is pretty true the third liked pretty young still (he had black hair in the anime :p ) i think when he showed to the third his "new body" that is was his second body or i guess about 6 years has passed when he finish that jutsu or even more!
    But the thing what you said about his arms being sealed and that quote: " since i cant use my arms, right now itachi is stronger than me" , i don't remember him saying that about Itachi being stronger than him only that he was just stronger than him, since i'm to lazy to do that can u scan in the page in the manga where is said that if not no problem than i'll look in up in the anime later on in the day.

22. slashez Member

heh no i didnt mean that was the exact quote that orochimaru said. i think all he said is like "now itachi is stronger than me". What i put in quotes (in the post you referenced) was basically a summary of the reasoning, a, what orochimaru essentially meant based on my interpretation, i know that that was not his exact quote.

23. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Sasori might not be stronger then Itachi but he will win in a fight. Poison FTW.

Jiraiya might be faar more stronger then Itachi but Itachis Amaterasu/Tsukiyomi might take Jiraiya down fast. In Narutoverse its not about how strong you are, its about how strong attacks you have, thats why IMO, Deidara, Kisame nor Itachi isnt kage level.

Oh, and Oro left Akatsuki when Itachi joined.

24. waster sensei

they presented him stongest in anime yet

25. blackdragon2187 I

what your saying is true but i think Itachi would use Amaterasu/Tsukiyomi only if he needed to like when Jiraiya use the Jutsu when Itachi came to Naruto's hotel. I never really saw what/how the Jutsu is used but there was this black fire after him and Kisame escaped...so there is a possibility that Jiraiya could dodge that attack if Itachi ever used that on him. If Jiraiya was ever attack by that move and was to dodge it then Itachi would be in a very weakend state (like you saw in the anime where his Sharingan deactivated itself, so i don't really think that Itachi would be...foolish enough to use that Jutsu and it risk himself to be out in the open for a easy attack.
    And what you said about " its not about how strong you are, its about how strong attacks you have" that maybe true but also in the Narutoverse there is a saying where is states "ninjas with extreme determinations can have unlimited strenght" or your as good as dead against a very strong opponent :amuse
    oh yea...Orochimaru left Akatsuki a little after when Itachi joined b/c he notices that he wasn't the "strongest" there anymore.

26. unnamed182 Wanderer

I think itach is one of the strongest,but not the strongest since no one is the strongest.The only one i think who can probaly beat besides akatsuki members rite now is jaraiya since the sannins are pretty much the only candidates rite now and the other 2 doesnt seem like they can.Tsunade is strong but very slow compared to itachi.She is also very emotional(i think so at least)from her little bro and bf dying so genjutsu would work good on her,if not, then tsukiyomi is enough(plus she cant heal it since it breaks her spirit and not body).Then theres orochimaru.Basically most people's only argument on that oro is stronger is his edo tensei.But if he uses it either itachi will stop it before he completes it,or if he doesnt,and his sharingan to copy it and he can escape by trapping oro in genjutsu(including tsukiyomi) and just runoff(because the summons can only go a certain distance from oro....i think and itachi is the one of the fastest in series)and be prepared with sacrifices next time so he can use edo tensei against him.But itachi should stil be able to handle oro without doing all that since hes faster,greater arsenal of jutsus,smarter,and has MS.Plus oro wont be much confident fightin itachi since he thinks itachi is way too strong for him(stated by himself).

27. slumpy doesn't need a Custom title

i think itachi uses that MS many times. because we saw him doin it in 3 times of the 4 batles. And the fight with the clones. he couldt. But he thought of it.
    Also kisame, nows the MS very well, he even advices his partner on it. So kisame much at leats seen it more then once. before the kakashi fight. And he knows that it was't very good for itachi to use that eye more then one time a day

28. Gai-Sifu The Wild Green Beast of Raabu

I think Itachi still may have a long way to go in terms of developement. I think he may even out last orochimaru, so he still needs to become stronger, and we'll see him, grow in ability. If he dies, Sasuke will be the last of his kind

29. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

"most over rated at the moment" is a lot closer to the truth

30. Gai-Sifu The Wild Green Beast of Raabu

I completely agree