1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Itachi, smartest Akatsuki?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by koopo, Oct 26, 2006.

1. koopo Hunter

So, AL turned out to be a political Hitler wannabe.

Sasori is dead, and the other members does not appear to be the brightest kind in class. Female Akatsuki is is just a Female and sexist Japan does not believe in the existence of smart womens.

They are all extremely cocky, arrogant and overconfident unlike Itachi who actually identify the strength of his opponents. A very unique badguy ability.

All the more reason to believe Itachi will betray Akatsuki and that his goal lies elsewhere.

Tags:
  2. B.o.t.i Active Member

Why you still talking about itachi he has nothing on AL or the rest of akat all he is waiting for is for his brother to fight him >>yeah that sure is great.

Getting annoyed here fucking talking about itachi when he is just a follwer.

3. Thorn Fully Awesome

No way. Itachi has only battle-smarts from what I've seen. I have yet to see his intelligence elsewhere. However, this Akatsuki Leader managed to get a bunch of angsty ex-ninjas to join his all powerful group... So, he must have something going for him intelligence-wise.

4. dvdcr New Member

yes he is so smart that he killed his own clan :D

5. itachi21 Active Member

i agree with you :)

6. koopo Hunter

And that makes him evil not dumb, not understanding the differers thought would imply that.

7. Surreal Fucking...BOOOOO!

Wow, itachi21 agrees with the fact that Itachi is the smartest. My my can it really be?:D

8. Tsunade Fangirl of the KWGoD fangirls.

I don't see how Itachi's goals, being less well defined, make him smarter. The AL just proved he's a calculating and thorough bastard, and an excellent planner. Not knowing what Itachi is up to doesn't make him smarter though. Just quieter. Knowing him and his desire to test his container, he's helping in doing this as an outgrowth of that.

9. NecroAngel Member

They're all smart in their own respects. Sasori for example, do you think it is a simple thing to learn how to create immortality and make yourself a puppet? Deidara making that eye and analysing Gaara well (which resulted in him winning), and the leader's plans don't seem dumb at all.

Overall they're pretty smart... but yeah they could be smarter. I enjoy battles with lots of analyzing.

10. Haohmaru The Legendary Samurai

anybody thinking itachi doesnt have his own goal for joining aka doesnt know anything about itachi. there are no folowers in aka, they all rank the same and the leader is the leader but doesnt own anybody. besides itachi is probably the strongest aka there is. and he probably isnt the only one with plans of his own. he will be the biggest thread and betrayer of aka, he will kill them the way he killed of his own clan. kisame might get spared though.

11. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

do you actually have itachi's phone number???

since as far as i know, itachi's intentions(SP) and goals are still unknown......

on what we got so far... he killed his own clan...wants his brother to kill him (something his own brother, thinks imposible even with the aid of orochimaru) ... so smarts is not something going on with itachi....

12. Haku82 New Member

I don´t known. But it´s clear that Tobi and Hidan are fighting for the slot of the "Dumbest Akatsuki".

13. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

We still haven't confirmed that the "female" member actually is female.

14. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

Hmm. Intelligence-wise, I would have to say the AL seems to be smarter than Itachi, based on his moment in this chapter. He proved very knowledgable and observant while we've really only seen Itachi's battle genius at this point. I could be completely off, of course, as for all we know the AL just happens to be an expert at Economics.

15. Snickers Peanuts in your privates

MS < AL's Word No jutsu.

The AL will just lecture Itachi like he did Hidan, and then Itachi's brain will explode:nod

16. Woofie Coordinator

I'd guess that Itachi and the Akatsuki Leader are pretty equally smart. The Akatsuki Leader has come up with a quite clever plan for Akatsuki: he's accepted their limitations, and thought of a way to gain power without just going out and attacking the great villages. It's a way that should ensure they can keep that power, too.

But Itachi... well, it seems like Itachi has been planning something all along, since before he massacred the clan; and that plan still hasn't been finalised. He's waiting for something, or multiple things (Sasuke is probably a factor as well as what Akatsuki are doing). Compared to the other members, he seems to think and plan much more; I think it's fair to say most of them are just looking out for their simplistic, short-term goals ("I want to kill people for my religion", "I want to blow things up!", etc.)... this isn't the case for Itachi, he's after something much more important, and he's been going about it the right way for the past decade or so. So far, I would assume that things are working out as he wanted. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that compared to the rest of Akatsuki - except for the Leader - Itachi's goals and plans are likely much more long-term and complex, and he seems to be thinking a lot more than anyone else.

As for who's smarter... well, time will tell. I'm surprised that the Akatsuki Leader isn't suspicious of Itachi, but it could be that he has no reason to be suspicious, depending on what Itachi's plans are... or it could be that he knows exactly what Itachi wants, but is just allowing him to carry on for now for some reason. It's impossible to tell. Heh, could be an interesting battle of wits, actually. :)

As for "battle smarts" or whatever, it seems like both of them are relatively cautious... there isn't much more to say than that.

17. Genesis Active Member

AL is the one with the plan and seems to know his stuff. I wouldn't say Itachi is smarter than him.

18. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Itachi is intelligent fighting wise and such, but the AL is the real brain of the organization. I can't see Itachi coming up with that type of plan.

19. Kenny Florian Active Member

Itachi only seems smart in the middle of a fight otherwise he just seems like another average joe.

20. lazer85 Member

i don't think we can know either way, but it wouldn't be surprising if Itachi has a plan of his own, he definetly is evil enough to be the main villian though I don't think it'll happen. I definetly hope that one akatsuki is killed by another akatsuki, a duke out between orochimaru, AL, and Itachi would be pretty cool, I'm kind of not liking AL as a final bad guy, so I hope he's not. Is there this problem in many manga, not knowing who the main bad guy is?

EDIT: I don't mean problem, it's kind of cool.