1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Itachi Uchiha...

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Kiosuke, Oct 14, 2004.

Who destroyed the Uchiha Clan?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2004.
  1. Itachi

101 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. Itachi and Kisame

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  3. Orochimaru

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. All of Akatsuki

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Other Villain(s)

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Kiosuke

Well it's come to my attention that Itachi is too powerful in
    the Naruto series. And he really doesn't make sense, I mean
    I don't care how strong you are, to destroy a shonobi country's
    most prestigous clan is impossible in one day...alone.

Not even a whole day, and this guy was banished from Konoha...
    he should have been uterlly destroyed in the worst way.

So do you think he really did it alone or did he have help...or
    maybe it wasn't him. Answer in the poll.

BTW the Uchiha clan was destroyed in hours...from when Sasuke
    left for school till when he got back. Personally, if Itachi did do
    this...I think Uchiha would have to be the weakest clan in Konoha.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
    Tags:
  2. Balsnac

i'm sure he isn't that strong, to destroy it all himself, its just the writters way of emphasising and showing that he is a formidable character and that others arn't as strong as him.
    though it would be cool if he had an accomplace, another guy, maybe he had connecttions to kisame then?

3. arigatou

The Uchiha is weak, the only one you should care about is Itachi. Sasuke is teh weak!

4. BattousaiMS

It is entirely his doing, when you find the weakest link of a clan it dosn't take much to destroy them.

Considering like Kakashi said, that only a Sharingan user can fight against another Sharingan user and even in that case they have to have the same Sharingan level, it technically makes him the perfect person for the Crime.
    His level of Sharingan is very high and very closedly guarded, I mean if you read the manga, you would know that most Uchina clan members thought he was a genius but they never knew how strong his Sharingan really was.

If the effects of Tsukiyomi can be as strong as we seen, It wouldn't have taken him that much time to kill all those ppl. Besides, we know by now that not all members of uchina clan had Sharingan, so that cuts the number of though to kill greatly.

They didn'y bannish him, there is no bannishing in the Shinobi world, they would have executed him but he ran away after killing them, ever since e's been on the list of the S-rank criminals. Besides the only one who can fight a Sharingan user with no fear of being Copyed is a another bloodline user since that's basicly the only thing Itachi can't copy.

5. darklide

As u may have seen in the manga or the film, uchiha itachi is very strong, stronger than orochimaru, which means that he is stronger than any of the Sannin. The Sannin(Jiraiya and Tsunade) are known 2 B the strongest in konaha and so they are at kage level.
    So with the mangyokou sharingan itachi is stronger than many persons but at what cost...?
    Look closely at what kisame told him..."you must not use that keen eye of yours too much..."
    So the side effects of that level of sharingan must be terrible even if it grants great power..
    And when he destroyed his clan, everyone was taken by surprised so no one had time to react properly...
    That's what i think in any case

6. ahheng21

i think it will be itachi alone.... he needed to kill everyone to get the ultimate sharingan

7. EroKage

of course not!!!he only needed to kill his best friend...but i cant explain something cause this is the anime forum.there is something in the manga that explains it.itachi had the mangekyou sharingan before he killed his whole clan.he had already killed his closest friend.he just killed his clan to see if he was capable,as he says in the anime...he was just testing the mangekyou.

8. ahheng21

yah i think u are right... itachi is a psycho.
    but who is itachi's best friend?

9. Uchiha Adam

Does anyone know who Itachi's best friend was?

10. itachi2

Itachi Is Best Char In Naruto And Did Kill The Uchihas Plz Do Not Under Estimate His Power

11. ahheng21

he can so easily kill his whole clan because they will taken by surprise. who could have thought to be killed by someone close

12. soltian

Shisui was Itachi's best friend, this question surprises me. As does this whole thread, actually. Itachi may be hard to figure out, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't rely on anyone but himself. He killed them all, and he COULD do it because of two reasons.

1. He was most genius among geniuses, better than most of the clan on his own and indestructable by them with the mangekyou Sharingan.

2. These were not hostile enemies, these were his clan, his friends and family. He would have no trouble at all sneaking up on them, or even just walking up to them in full battle wear and slaughter the lot of them using the element of surprise. No one expected him to do such a thing.

Thus...hell yeah Itachi killed them. There's no reason to think otherwise.

13. Penfoud

Kisame said that he thought Itachi killed the whole clan when Sasuke and Itachi met, so Kisame wasn't with him.

14. Spin

I think it is possible based on the words of orochimaru and the third hokage. The third said orochimaru could take over a small country alone. Orochimaru said that itachi was stronger than himself. And that maybe is why he needed a new body (not terribly suitable pick which might indicate a body of convenience and not one orochimaru was seeking). Orochimaru was killed by itachi, or at least his body was rendered useless.

The Uchiha Clan may have deserved or even expected what was going to happen. Kakashi noted that Itachi would not have come to Konoha unless he had a decent reason or objective that made the visit worth the trouble. And if it's as pointless as orochimaru's plan to simply gain power, I will be disappointed. I would like to believe there is more to orochimaru's attack and itachi's visit. I guess, we'll see.

15. Omote Renge

Yeah, Itachi killed them by himself. There's no reason to think otherwise. He was a prodigy among a clan of prodigies plus he had the Mangekyou which no other Uchiha had. Yeah he killed them. As for Itachi being too strong, yeah he is too strong. There's a reason he's an S Class criminal. Right now, with the current powers of everyone in the series, I don't think there's anyone that can beat Itachi. But in the future there will most likely be someone who can.

16. Noex

he did it solo, why well coz he had the Mangekyou Sharingan wich the others didn?t have so he was stronger then them so he killed them

17. Kage Bunshin

They said he killed the whole clan... in the manga and the anime. This isn't really a sound proof judgement in either case. Since A: Orochimaru is afraid of Itachi and B: No one was as strong as Itachi was in his clan

You cannot make calls based on opinion alone.

18. Jh1stgen

You have to take into consideration that not ALL the Uchiha have sharingan. On account of that, I don't think Itachi had enuff chakra in one day to sweep his clan. It must be the "3rd" guy Itachi was talking about

19. Sorrow-from-heart

Itachi is one of the most powerfull chars, even Orochimaru (sp?) says this.

Itachis best friend was... *looks up chapters* gaah can't find it.. Its in the flashbacks Sasuke has. ;)

20. Jh1stgen

I forget his name too, but he was also a Uchiha who "was" very skillful with a sword. Anyways, he's dead now. Itachi killed him so he could gain the advanced sharingan.

That "3rd" person i was talking about, was the person who told Itachi about the advanced sharingan and how to gain it. Itachi also mentions to Sasuke that, 2 ppl have the advanced sharingan so far. It could've be 3 if Sasuke did kill Naruto. But Itachi was talking about people who can gain it

21. Halig

Itachi killed his entire clan, so far as the manga has told us. But I'm willing to bet that's not going to change.

Now, my real reason for posting here.

Don't be stupid. No matter what people may think, the sharingan is not that powerful. Yes, it is easier to battle someone with a sharingan if you have one yourself, but it is very possible to fight and defeat someone who has the sharingan when you yourself don't have one. Think about what the Hokages are, and Maito Gai for specific proof, if the speculation about Hokages doesn't serve as proof enough.

22. legan

But we know why Itachi went to Konoha... he was after Naruto and I know they told us the reason for Orochimaru's attack as well I think.... Either that or I'm going crazy.

Anyway yeah I find it higly possible that Itachi did wipe out his clan by himself but we will not know for sure untill there is more evidence for or against it.

23. little2krazy

Bah... Itachi killed the whole clan except fo sasuske. Case close.
    Besides the uchiha clan seemed very small in #'s, so how hard was it just to kill say 100 ppl? Doesn't take long, esp if u have itachi's power.

24. itachi46

nnah it was itachi i thnk the mangekyou can only show images of memories

25. r0ckman

it may sound silly now, but i once thought itachi was completely innocent. i was stubborn because at that time we never actually saw itachi kill anyone. i thought itachi only put those disturbing images in sasuke's head to make him vengeful, and in effect, make his lil bro stronger. i really believed itachi did all that so that maybe one day he could team up with sasuke to defeat whoever slaughtered their village.

of coarse, now there way too much evidence against itachi to even consider that there is any good in him. i was so hopeful ; ;

26. sharingan_no_kakashi

i kind of agree with r0ckman - my theory (as far-fetched as it may seem) is that the uchihas arent dead, itachi just used genjutsu to make them all fall asleep (like in the end of the 3rd chuunin exam). then, he pretended to have killed them to help sasuke become stronger. the uchiha's sleeping area is covered by a hologram of dead people.

27. craZbee

It could have been easy for him to destroy the uchiha cla but they might have been caught by surprise and the saringan only appears in a select few but then if Itachi's excuse for destroying them is that he wanted to test his strength(so I've heard) but how could he do that if he killed them by surprise and other people that could have the sharingan?:confused:

28. Obba88

Itachi killed them all, but the whole thing that Itachi is stronger then all the Sannin is just silly. When they (Itachi & Kisame) are talking about attacking Jiraiya, Itachi states that they might be able to kill him, but that they would probably die themselves. Meaning he is not stronger then the three Sannins! Yes Orochimaru says Itachi is stronger then him, but that's just because he can no longer use his arms. Personally, I think Orochimaru would beat the crap out of Itachi!

29. Jh1stgen

Um ... I don't think that's the case. Oro left Akatsuki bc of Itachi even when he had his arms working

30. Obba88

When did he say he left because of Itachi? If so, I've really missed something.