1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Itachi was a terrible character.

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by EJ, Oct 5, 2014.

1. EJ 1998 Nintendo

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the creator of this godforsaken manga/anime tried to make genocide a grey area.

This guy even killed babies and children and their sleep and committed mass murder and wanted his little brother to live a lie. Fuck Itachi man..

Tags:
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Beyonce Hi High!

Saudi Arabia
    :lmao:lmao:lmao
    Calling all Itachi fans
    Although to be honest I do agree :LOS

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  3. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

4. Hussain Well-Known Member

5. Itachі Man of The People

Committing atrocious acts doesn't make a character terrible.

Orochimaru was a great character, it's sudden the halt of his fucked up activity that was his downfall.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Might Gai BRACE YOURSELVES

i think he had the potential to be a great character if kishi played his cards a little better.

7. balboass Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Nikushimi Savior

There is not a single shred of evidence that Itachi killed any babies or children.

In fact, half of the reason he gave for sparing Sasuke was his age and ignorance of the Uchiha coup d'etat; the other half was that Itachi wanted an Uchiha to exact vengeance against him.

Itachi did some objectionable things, but he wasn't bad and certainly wasn't a bad character.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. EJ 1998 Nintendo

Be at this was a clan it's to be expected there would be children within it, if not babies.

itachi also killed a "lover" or someone else that was a good friend to him, and I doubt they were an adult.

And tbh, I thought about you when I typed that part in it. You are the main person saying Itachi "didn't kill any babies or children". :cat

10. Radice Well-Known Member

Second the Anime there were other children besides Sasuke in the clan...

Itachi killed childrens.

11. Radice Well-Known Member

Orochimaru is as always a villain.
    Kishimoto never tried to excuse his actions.

Itachi should always be a villain.
    But Kishimoto tried to made this guy a Hero and Saint.

Itachi kill his whole clan included his Mother and Father in front of Sasuke
    Tortured Sasuke constantly with a brutal Tsukuyomi.
    Tell Sasuke to kill his best friend
    Tell Sasuke to dedicate his existence to vengeance
    Itachi was a criminal who helped akatsuki to seal all the bijuus.

But in the end Kishimoto made a poor excuse and try to justify Itachi's action and the worst try to made Itachi a Saint who always loved Sasuke.

Kishimoto tried to add in a twist, but failed to adequately cover his back in terms of what he had already established in the story.

This poor twist plot made Itachi transforms in a horrible character.

Kishimoto still wanking Itachi at this point.

Hiruzen: Itachi acted and thought like as a hokage with 7 years old

Sasuke: My brother who deserves to be the true Hokage

:fitz9tail

12. Nikushimi Savior

But that's speculation. You're saying what sounds reasonable to you, rather than what we actually have evidence for.

But if she (or he) was Itachi's age, then she (or he) probably knew about the coup and would've had an active role in it...as he did.

It's not hard to bait me when Itachi's involved. :fuck

It's like Beetlejuice, except you only need to say the name one time and I'll appear out of nowhere.

The anime isn't the original canon, though; it's an adaptation, and there are some discrepancies between them.

13. Firestormer Well-Known Member

Sasuke was probs not the only child in an entire village. He killed babies and maybe even puppies sorry.

14. Hussain Well-Known Member

Even Danzo said something about the children, thinking an entire clan has no children is foolish. :sag

15. LesExit Empty without rats... & F America

ya I'm not sure why people think Sasuke was the only child...that just seems really weird and doesn't make sense. Like...was the clan planning on dying off or something. How does no one have children for years...?

16. EJ 1998 Nintendo

Why would the Uchiha clan not have any children if they were not only about pride, but also advancing their own people ? What you're arguing is that "There wasn't any children since there wasn't even shown".

That's really illogical, there were plenty of adults/young adults on the ground shown on the ground when Itachi murdered them all, and you're really trying to say Sasuke is the only kid out of a group of 30-50 people? I'm just talking about the death count of which we see on the streets in the flashbacks.

He killed a lot of more people in their sleep. Kishimoto rarely shows children getting murdered, so it's reasonable to see he would skip this notion.

17. Nikushimi Savior

Your whole argument hinges on "probably," though...

And it's entirely probable that out of one family, the youngest would be eight years old; my family has like 20 people on either parent's side and our youngest is graduating high school soon. Itachi said the Uchiha clan had dwindled in number, so it's not inconceivable that Sasuke would be the only one too young to be involved with their political bullshit.

In Japanese, the wording was ambiguous. It could have been either "child" or "children," and the context seems to suggest Danzo meant Sasuke in particular.

18. EJ 1998 Nintendo

It's like saying "There isn't any toilet paper in the Narutoverse since you don't really see it"

Come on now.

19. Nikushimi Savior

I'm not arguing that there were no children--I'm arguing that there's no evidence there were any children. There's a difference.

Notice how they were all adults/young adults, though.

Where did you get that number? I never counted more than like one or two dozen Uchiha from the most recent generation, including the faceless bodycounts.

We never saw more than four dead Uchiha in any given panel. I know--I counted. That's how much of a life I do not have, when it comes to Itachi. Don't underestimate how obsessed I am with the guy. :fuck

From the looks of the crime scene, most of them were in the streets and there is evidence of a struggle.

Not that terrorists are entitled to a warning in the first place, since that's basically what the Uchiha were...

Part 1 was full of child murder, and it's not like he couldn't have at least mentioned if there were other Uchiha children, even if he wasn't going to show or mention Itachi killing them.

20. Nikushimi Savior

We actually do see toilet paper when Naruto gets the runs from drinking spoiled milk. :kermit

And you're still misrepresenting my argument. I'm not saying there were no other Uchiha kids--I'm saying there isn't evidence to suggest there were, which means your claim that Itachi must have killed them is unfounded. There is a difference between saying something is false and saying that there is no evidence it is true.

21. Hussain Well-Known Member

yup, especially they were a clan that get involved in Wars so much, they rationally try to multiply their numbers, and even in the peace time, that's still relevant as they were planning to go against the village anyway, and more men = more power.

For example, Madara's father had 5 kids or so. The same thing with the Senju, as butsuma (or whatever his name was) had at least 4 kids as well....

they were not trying to die off obviously. O_O

but I guess love is blind. :haha

22. EJ 1998 Nintendo

If you're talking about teenagers, I think Haku was the most gruesome as it gets.

In this manga, it's hard to pinpoint the ages of a lot of these characters due to not only how they act but also how they look at times. In a lot of cases, we never really see anyone below a teenager get killed.
    Was that not filler?

And Nikushimi, this entire argument is full of crap dude. There were a bunch of eyeballs that Danzo and Obito had of the Uchiha clan. Stop trying to spitefully defend the fact your mantoy was a killer that also went after children. :cat

23. Nikushimi Savior

They didn't have time to wait for kids to grow up; in fact, getting all of their women pregnant at once would make a large chunk of their population untenable for combat--they'd effectively be splitting their manpower in half, assuming Uchiha chicks were really worth a damn on the battlefield (which I guess may be uncertain in this manga). If anything, celibacy would have been more suitable to their immediate interests.

That was literally like a hundred years ago in the manga. Those weren't the Uchiha that Itachi killed.

Zabuza was what, like 6 when he murdered those kids in the Mist's ninja school battle royale? That shit looked like somebody tipped over the Kool-Aid Man. There were bodies of dead kids shown and everything.

That was back when Kishi still cared about the simple things.

There were a lot of Uchiha that died in the massacre--enough to stock Danzo's arm and Obito's shelves. And who knows where else they may have acquired Sharingan from. Maybe Madara kept a supply that Obito inherited. The Uchiha that Itachi killed weren't the only Uchiha ever.

But it's worth pointing out that all those eyes seemed to be in fact Sharingan, and Uchiha aren't just naturally born with those; it's a trait that develops later, with combat experience and trauma. They aren't the eyes of an innocent kid.

Stop making baseless accusations for which you have no evidence. :catsupine

24. EJ 1998 Nintendo

Oh my god, the hypocrisy..

You're trying to draw lines that lead to no where when Obito, Danzo, and Madara were collecting eyes for a long period of time. Please, just stop..

You can't even admit that there were children besides Sasuke in the village

25. Nikushimi Savior

Oh there were definitely other children in the village. But there is no evidence of other children in the Uchiha clan specifically. :cat

26. EJ 1998 Nintendo

Yes there was, since they were a clan. I have never seen or heard of a clan of 15 plus people with only like one kid in it.

And you're here trying to draw lines away from the fact that there were tons of Uchiha eyes collected for an extended period of time.

27. Boo-ray Moderator

While I agree with you, it's for other reasons. Doing bad things doesn't make a character terrible. Being poorly written makes a character terrible, and lets face it, that applies to everyone whose been in the manga in the past what, four-five years? Save a few exceptions of course.

Murdering the Uchiha didn't make him a shitty character. It established his character to begin with. If anything, it was how the reveal of his true intentions made everything he did illogical in hindsight.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  28. Bloo Shadow Shinobi

I can't tolerate people that can't understand the black and white difference between children in the Naruto world and children in our world. In the Naruto world, children are soldiers that are capable of killing. On top of that, you have an annual spectacle known as the Chuunin Exams that lavishes itself on sending children to compete and fight (sometimes to the death) and send them through obstacles, via the Forest of Death, where many children die. On top of that, countries bet on which kid wins in fights that can result in death. Add to it that Kakashi was a Chuunin at the age of 6, there's no sensible way to contend that children should be viewed as helpless. Children are capable soldiers. On top of that, Itachi was a mere thirteen years old. Itachi stated that he spared Sasuke for his innocence for the most part. Yes, there probably were other children in the clan, but saying that they were all innocent bystanders... We can't tell that. Even if they were, the children would have died regardless as Danzo would have killed them regardless. Fact. Anyone blaming Itachi for the death of children needs to grow up and think of things more pragmatically and from the perspective of someone from that world.

29. RedChidori The Legend Returns

30. EJ 1998 Nintendo