1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Itachi won't let Sasuke die.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Vanillin, May 28, 2007.

1. Vanillin Active Member

Let me first state that this isn't a "ITACHI IS A GOOD GUY!1!" thread. I have full belief that his intentions are all evil.

The first thing that helps proves this is, of course, him leaving Sasuke alive after killing everyone else in the clan. If he killed the entire clan, but left him, just him, alive, why would he kill him now? I'm not saying he won't ever kill him, but he left him alive so he could one day face him with the MS, so killing him now would be a complete waste. Same goes for letting Deidara, or anyone else kill him with him knowing.

Which bring us to the words he said to him when he left:

That leads us to believe that the only reason he didn't kill him was because he wants Sasuke to get the MS also. True or false..ehh, it's up to you to decide what you really think the reason is.

After they finally meet again, and Sasuke tries to kill him (lol) remember what Itachi says:

"Right now." Which means he will be sometime in the future. Most likely after he's strong enough or has the MS.

Now to the most recent chapters:

From the conversations we've seen with Akatsuki, Itachi won't say anything when talking about Sasuke. Notice this one especially, when talking about Deidara killing Sasuke:

So why won't he? Because he obviously doesn't want Sasuke to die just yet.

Just my thoughts. :amuse

Tags:
  2. Sasuke_Bateman Well-Known Member

You make some good points but i don't like you.

3. aceb AnimeOmnitude.com

4. Kingnaruto blah blah blah

LOL i like you now for that felllow country man

5. KamiKazi Inactive Member

you make some good points. if what he said about waiting 'til sasuke gets MS still applies then he probably doesn't want anything to do with sasuke yet.

i don't know about letting others kill him though. he probably wouldn't allow kisame to kill him as that's his partner, but if sasuke can be killed by someone else i don't know if itatchi would attempt to delay the death as he may want to keep his intentions secret.

6. Jonas Banned

Okay here's the thing with Itachi caring about Sasuke...

Itachi cares about Sasuke *somewhat*. But... he is the benchmark that Sasuke must overcome and thus that means that Sasuke must surivive no matter what until he kills Itachi. Itachi has faith in Sasuke. Faith that he can take care of himself and faith that he can defeat anyone coming at him. Because if Sasuke dies without killing Itachi, Sasuke himself would be very dissapointed with himself.

My thoughts are that Itachi cares (not that much maybe) but he won't save him or anything. If Sasuke dies without killing Itachi, he hasn't avenged his clan. And that's all there is to Sasuke.

Instead, Sasuke will kill anyone that tries to kill him because if people try to kill him that counts as trying to prevent him from getting his goal: revenge.

7. Vanillin Active Member

Yeah, that's true. Stopping anyone other than Kisame would be very difficult. Unless he secretly does it, then blames it on someone else, I don't see a way he can do it without getting caught.

8. Sharinganmaster29 yoruichi sama's #1 fan

i thought of that too after reading 354...don sure of the reason itachi left sasuke alive but i think he wont aloud deidara to kill him that if there any possible way he can

9. Vanillin Active Member

I think it's still possible that Itachi will try his best to send Deidara after Naruto and the others so they can try to kill him. I'm sure they could do it with the people they have.

10. Robin Well-Known Member

Sasuke's not a fool to let himself die, that's why he gathered the team in the first place. And Itachi probably thought that Deidara's no good match for the Magnificent Four, so, he doesn't worry. After all, if Deidara and Tobi did kill Sasuke, he's no good to fight Itachi after all. That is if Itachi wanted Sasuke to become a worthy opponent.

So, it's more like Itachi intended Sasuke to "cling to life" and survive no matter what, and if he died, well, then he's no good. Itachi didn't plan to protect him.

11. jceaz Member

The thing is I think Itachi is testing Sasuke and if Sasuke dies he just fails the test. Itachi will never "kill" Sasuke but I don't think he'll be "saving" Sasuke anytime soon. If that was the case then Itachi would've killed Oro before it reached the point where Sasuke had to do it himself.

12. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

If Sasuke cannot deal with Deidara by himself even after training with Orochimaru what hope could Itachi still have for Sasuke becoming stronger?

13. Fulla Toilet Cleaner

Its actually perfect for Itachi, having Deidara and co going after Sasuke.

Another test for him, another barrier for him to overcome.
    He probably though the same thing with Oro

"If I cant face this demon, how can I ever face him."
    Remember that ?:p

14. LipLipDK 最重要的是爱国

haha Itachi saveing Sasuke would be funny.
    Great thread btw