• Emojis directly from your phone for all 🤗😬
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is March 7 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

It's Never Sunny in Barovia

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well, before all of that happens I want to go ahead and give Samara the information on this type of dragon (which is the first thing that she did in this instance).

Samara remembers that the dragons she knows, the ones of her own world are usually colored based on their habitat and temperament. If she recalls correctly green dwell in warm or temperate forests and tend to be - even in the dull light of the forest it can be seen to be green by the crest fin starting at its nose and running down its back. This one seems to only be napping, not hibernating, the crest fin flutters as it snores softly.

They are known to be rather cunning and value territory, wealth, and power. They most notably love to corrupt forests, fey, and elves, but they can also be reasoned with and bargained with if it comes to that.

Cardboard Tube Knight

The two of you really don't have the juice to deal with an encounter like this, so we'll just stop wandering about and get to the main event here--that way when things pick back up we'll be ready to move out.

The four of your make your way past the dragon, deeper into the wood. The travel time seems to take much longer than it should, but before long the forest kind of dips down into one spot with the vegetation becoming thicker and more lush the closer to the center of the dip you are. At the very center is a tower jutting our of the forest up into the sky, poking out above the canopy of the trees.

At it's base, the tower is built into a large rock and on the outside, partially criss-crossing the aged bricks are thick ropey vines. The path up to the place is clear from the look of things.

SakuraLover16

Sakura + Sasuke = Sarada
Samara looked in awe at the large tower if one weren’t paying attention it would be easy to walk past that is if one also does t see the path.

Cardboard Tube Knight

You reach the tower easily enough and as you approach, the large wooden doors pull open slowly to reveal Dirk, the Warforged standing just inside. As you first approach, he is completely silent, but once you are nearer to him he perks up, turning his head to look at the group.

"Hey you guys!" He spots the arms you're carrying. "Aww man, you guys got my arms? That's awesome.They look good and everything too."

SakuraLover16

Sakura + Sasuke = Sarada
Samara smiled at Dirk finding his attitude infectious. “Yes we do!” She says moving closer with the arms so he can have a better look. “The kobloids created this machine and the arms were attached to it. How they did it we have no idea.”

Cardboard Tube Knight

Dirk's eyes glow a light pink. "Kobolds eh, the little guys will surprise you. I'm not sure why they would be building a machine--like what the Hell were they going to do if a living golem didn't come along?" He asks in a way that you're sure is supposed to have some expressive hand motions to accompany it, but he doesn't have arms.

"Let me lead you on up," Dirk says.

He leads you up past the stairs to a stone arch leading into a dead in room. On the floor there are several sets of runes. As you enter with dirk there are small rune-like etchings on the wall on the inside of the door.

"You're gonna love this part," Dirk says.

He pushes the uppermost etching with his shoulder nub and the floor lights up a dull blue before you're enveloped in light.

In a similar room you appear looking out at a marble floored room that seems rather expansive. There are no walls, just a balcony on all side looking out across a vast forest and in the distance Barovia shrouded here and there by fog. A small study area is to one side and a bed to another with various little necessities like a table and chairs and such. Bookshelves are placed here and there where columns permit them without ruining the view.

Then there are the inhabitants. Skeleton warriors lining the room with gleaming spears held in hand, they don't move or even look as you enter. Another skeleton is sweeping its way across the floor, absently going about the chore. And at the center of the room is a raised dais with a throne that is like half high backed chair, half couch atop it. On the throne is a woman who looks to be in late 20s with raven hair and pale skin, she is snuggled up neat to a large cat of some sort. From a distance you can feel her piercing gaze, though something is off about her eyes.

"It took you look enough--I had expected you to come in and for me to be over there," she points to a floor to ceiling mirror between two small half-circular tables set into the wall. "I had a crown on and everything, but the crown was probably too much. So, here I am--Lady Cissinei Windore."

SakuraLover16

Sakura + Sasuke = Sarada
All Samara could do was balk at the place before her she had never seen anything like this in her entire life. Snapping out of her stupor she appraises the beautiful woman. “Hello Lady Windows it is a pleasure to meet you” she says as she wonders what type of power an intruder would have to have just to escape with their life.

Top Bottom