1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Jack Krauser vs. Solid Snake

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Captain Pimp, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

Jack Krauser from RE4 and Snake from MGS...

Scenario: They fight on a bridge connected between two cliffs.

Restrictions: Snake can use a pistol and knife while Krauser can use his bow and knife too (I'll also let him use his transformation).

Who wins?

Tags:
  2. WarmasterCain55 Everything burns

3. ZergKage Well-Known Member

Jack Krauser never impressed me, i'll take snake

4. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Krauser is the personification of the word soldier

Krauser wins

5. ZergKage Well-Known Member

Maybe my memory is slipping....what did Jack do that puts him a step up from Snake???

6. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

All I know is that Jack is friggin fast in the game and has a nasty transformation that can skewer his opponent badly. His final form is pretty much annoying...

7. Nexas Fire and Ice

Krauser got beaten by Leon, and then Ada. Despite both being complete badasses neither one has the combat experiance of Snake.

8. ZergKage Well-Known Member

Exactly....add to the fact that Snake fights people like this on the regular and you get a dead Jack.

9. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

But anyways, seeing as Snake is a very experienced fighter...Krauser in his final form would really destroy Snake since Snake has to go forward on the bridge...

10. ZergKage Well-Known Member

In his final form Jack cant fire his Bow so Snake has the range advantage.

11. WarmasterCain55 Everything burns

Hello!!! Why do you think Saddler hired him in the first place? He kidnappeed the president's daughter, one of the VIP's in the world.

12. Goodfellow .

Whenever Snake meets more powerful enmies, he defeat them with intellect. Snake uses the knife and sever bridge (if it's a rope one). Otherwise, he hides inside a cardboard box. Duh!

13. Orion For Sanguinius!

snake has taken much more powerful people in the past.

14. Master of the Sharingan I'm in your closet!

Krauser's transformation is what makes the biggest difference. But Snake has done some amazing things in the past. It's too hard to decide.

15. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

No cutting the bridge! :yell

One of them must survive to win...besides, cutting the bridge down would be total suicide =/

Plus, Krauser's formation has a wing-like shield that prevents bullets from hitting him. So Snake will have to jump over Krauser and knife him in the back (which I would love to see XD)

16. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Krauser's evil with close range combat. Snake isn't Beating Krauser in close range combat

17. Ludwig The Holy Blade Well-Known Member

The setting is unfair.It puts krauser at a clear advantage.If they werent on the bridge Id say snake all the way,but as there on a bridge Im uncertian........nah,I still say Snake.

18. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Thread is biased in favor of snake. ]

Krauser has the ability to transform his left arm into a large, tentacular, bladed appendage which he uses to eviscerate enemies and to shield his body against attacks. In addition, Krauser exhibits a superhuman physique, demonstrating spectacular leaps and surviving hails of gunfire. The origin of Krauser's special abilities is unknown. Ada's files accuse him of "falling to the temptation of Las Plagas," indicating that his powers result from infection by a Plaga parasite. This possibility is supported by the fact that Krauser is vulnerable to the P.R. 412 Plaga Removal Laser. However, Ada also comments that she has studied his fighting style and "knows how to deal with that arm of his," implying that his abilities predate his infiltration of Los Illuminados. Given his allegiance to Wesker and the Umbrella Corporation, he may have been infected by one of the various strains of the Progenitor Virus, as Tyrants have similar, long-clawed arms. It is also notable that he does not have discoloured skin and strange eyes like the las plagas hosts.

19. ??PR?ŞŞ?? Useless

I would say Krauser would win. With the Las Plagas, it would take a good amount of firepower to take him down. Close range goes to Krauser with his arm(or knife). THe only way snake can win is if he stays far away and shoots him. However, Krauser is pretty fast, and his arm can block bullets, so I don't know if Snake can even do that.

20. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

Well, some people are still saying Snake could win even though I narrow the battlefield to make it even. Since some of you guys think Snake has a much better chance when he has more space around him <_<

21. Ludwig The Holy Blade Well-Known Member

Solid Snake defeated Big Boss,the man hailed as the ultimate soldier

He destroyed Metal Gear 3 times

He defeated the worlds greatest sniper

He fought hand to hand with a genetically enchanced Ninja who had both advanced strength and reflexes

He beat the worlds most powerful Psychic

He defeated Vulcan Raven,a man strong enough to survive an explosion in a tank.

The list goes on and on.

All Krauser has got is some Spike on his arm.Compared to Snakes expirience and skill,that would be useless

Krauser doesen't have a hope in hell of beatin him

22. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

That is why I had to make it even for both characters so I narrowed the place to fight on a bridge since Snake is highly skilled. I'm impressed with Snake's feats, dont get me wrong...

But if you played RE4, Krauser in final form prevents bullets from hittig him (unless you hit his feet...) and he is one fast person too. If you played mercenaries too, his arm can skewer any enemy in one hit (including Dr. Salvador who takes so many bullets to die). And now that I've set them on a bridge to fight, it makes it more even for Snake and Krauser.

23. Pink Floyd A Crazy Diamond

You have to realize that Solid Snake is the offspring of the greatest soldier that ever lived, in Big Boss.

Snake takes it, by a mile.

Edit: Snake can kick Jackasses' ass, escape the bridge, take some guy's car, and make it to chat with Mei Ling in the local coffee shop and then some.

24. Zack_Strife Banana Samurai

The bridge makes it even easier for Snake. He's a master of CQC (evidence: MGS4 plus he fucked Big Boss in hand to hand combat) and if Twin Snakes is considered canon he's capable of some insane shit. He's also highly intelligent and an excellent marksman.
    Krauser in base form is resitant to damage, can move at high speed and he can fight with a knife and bowgun. Neither can outshoot the other but Snake can outdo him in CQC, his speed isn't a factor because all he can do is move forward or backwards.
    Krauser with his arm is less of a challenge. His stabbing attack is easily dodged by Leon who is markedly inferior to Snake and if he wants to use his arm as a sheild he loses his speed. Snake caps his legs, he falls, headshoot. Rinse and repeat.

25. Pink Floyd A Crazy Diamond

Pwn that sucka!

26. Freija Treasures

tbh, it's more like a handicap to give snake a knife, he personally stated he's not good with blades and that he doesn't like them(MGS 2, when Raiden is given the sword), well either way, Snake wins for obvious reasons already stated.

what i always wondered since i saw that trailer is, HOW THE FUCK DID HE LEARN CQC ? it must be the worlds biggest plothole.

27. Pink Floyd A Crazy Diamond

Maybe it's in the genes. You never know.

28. Freija Treasures

then why didn't he know CQC during MG 1/2 and MGS 1-2 ?

29. Pink Floyd A Crazy Diamond

Hmm....makes sense.

Still, Solid Snake can pwn anyone.

30. Freija Treasures

i am inclined to agree.