1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Japan, Licensing, and Streaming

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by venusdelta, Nov 8, 2016.

1. venusdelta ////

Hey ya'll. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the state and attitude of current (aka. daily Billboard top 100) Japanese music and why there's not a lot of great streaming for it, and where I might be able to find daily Billboard top 100 tracks on the internet.

I adore Spotify and although I know I can use Soulseek, it just makes it so much easier if I can find something conveniently and branch out to other artists. Barely any new music gets to Spotify (for U.S. users, at least) and YouTube has cracked down pretty hard on new releases (ie. anything by AKB48). I thought I had pinpointed a "top-40's" Tokyo radio station but that turned out to be a bust b/c streaming at 4pm central time is NOT streaming 4pm their time (haha).

Know what I mean?

Tags:
  2. Lord Yu Active Member

I've wondered about this. Soil & Pimp Sessions was on Apple Music to stream for a bit but got pulled. Japanese record companies seem to hate streaming.

3. Dark Wanderer Well-Known Member

It's true, Japanese record labels are very strict. Some of the more well known bands will release their stuff on iTunes, and if you're lucky you can find samples on YouTube. Unfortunately CDs are also quite expensive too.

4. Mider T VM Rapist

Japan never made the switchover from physical to digital music for some reason.