1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Jesus Camp: Evangelizing or Jihad?

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Iruka-Senpai, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Iruka-Senpai Member

This may be a little old but I was on youtube.com and found some of these videos. Care to offer any opinions?:notrust

Sets Fire to Flamers

Sets Fire to Flamers

Sets Fire to Flamers

Sets Fire to Flamers

Sets Fire to Flamers

Sets Fire to Flamers

Tags:
  2. Nega doesn't watch Naruto.

I saw something about "Kids on Fire" on the daily show a few weeks ago, pretty weird. Notice how easily manipulated kids are, its a really pathetic sight to see. They're relying on our, the adults info. There is also a part of me that wishes someone would bomb that fat ladys house.

3. Iruka-Senpai Member

It saddens me because I used to be one of these kinds of people.

I think these fundamentalist ideas actually tear apart the idea of God. Notice how there is much emphasize on how people should be Christians. These kids are being taught that Christ died to create the Christian church and that people need to go to church and be Christians to be saved rather than the message of God. Also, these poor kids are being taught things that they aren't ready for. Why is it that little six year olds are being taught to fight against abortion and gay marriage? Shouldn't they be playing with Tonka trucks? They are fed blind patrioticism about how America is a fantastic Christian nation to fight against the Islamic forces. They don't teach that all Muslims are bad, but they do teach that Islam itself is bad without any real good reason. They think anyone around them who hasn't converted is their enemy and is trying to hurt them because they are moral.:(

4. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

I'll check it out later, but if it's truely the way it seems, I'd say there are retards on all sides.

Sadly, I can see these children bomb abortion clinics, physically attack people that would NOT like to hear "the peaceful message of the Christ" or take their leaflets, murder doctors, burn evolution books in some future or ban ask that tag gets banned from schools. It already happened, it can happen again.

As much I think we muslims should stop our extremists ourselves (rather than letting them run around like too many do), all other religions should be doing the same.

Extremism is bad. ON EVERY SIDE !!

Edit 1 : I just saw the first minute of the first video. And I'm scared. Really.

Edit 2 : and I saw the fat blond lady's interview. "Excuse me, but we have the Truth". Yeah right, and what makes her so sure of that ? Every religious nutjob of any religion is sure to have the truth on his side. It means nothing.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  5. Jams Member

I checked this stuff out a while ago, havn't seen the documentry itself yet so my opinion might be a bit biasd, but the woman who's in charge of the whole thing seems to want Christian Extreamists much like there are Jihadists. I suppose she can get away with it because its Christian, if this was a muslim person trying to do the same thing for Islam in the US, then imagine all the trouble that would cause...

Watching the vids now, they'll probably change my opinion on the whole thing...

::EDIT:: Well, still seems like brainwashing them to become Christian Extreamists, but at least she isn't preaching violence/absolute hatred towards certain people like gay people. Meh, I probably only expected that 'cos of Fred Phelps :p. Anyway, even if it is peaceful, its still brainwashing, and some of the vids where a bit scary in a way, especialy all the brainwashing. Yup, the whole thing's defenatly not right if you ask me... almost like the way they brainwashed kids in Germany when the Nazi's where in charge.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  6. Amaretti No strong feelings whatsoever

Saw this ages ago. It would have been laughable if it hadn't been so tragic.

Any parent who nominates their child to undergo that bullshit brainwashing needs to be taken out back and shot and their children given to functioning human beings.

The amazing lack of self-awareness always gets me. They don't think the jihadists are under the belief that they're the ones with the one true religion too? They really think training their kids to die for religious beliefs is any better than the muslims who are doing exactly the same thing? It's so insanely deluded.

Those kids are going to be seriously fucked up people when they grow up. They're being trained to die for their religion and worship images of Bush, for fuck's sake. They're nothing more than the christian version of jihadists.

It's so stupid I almost can't believe it's real.

7. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

jesus camp= jehad, get it?!

8. Jams Member

They're probably getting away with it BECAUSE its Christianity. Some strange thing about how if its Christian, its OK. And something I forgot to mention; I never thought I'ld see people praising an image of Bush. That just seems wrong, seriously.

Agreed. Especialy if they have to go out into the 'real world'. Then it'll be even more obvious how messed up they've been by all this brainwashing.

9. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

How exactly are these kids even going to begin to cope with the real world? That one kid was homeschooled that the Earth is 6000 years old and didn't even learn basic evolution. Not that he COULD, considering evolution couldn't possibly take place on any sort of large scale in 6000 years.

The heck is gonna happen when he meets, you know... ANYONE who realized the Earth is over five BILLION years old?

10. Red Keep Cool, Carry On.

This strangely reminds me of one anime about a kid maid thasts been isolated and taught to be an assasin Oh I remeber gunslinger girlO_o

11. Zerolok sup, beatbox

What proof do you have that the Earth is 5 billion years old?

12. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Ask a geologist lol.

There are more indications that science is closer to truth than Holy Books on this point.

13. Trias For in the sleep of death...

Rofl, this quote is painfully logical.

14. Iruka-Senpai Member

Hold up, I don't want any evolutionary discussions in here. Just stick to the topic.

I'm not saying I support abortion or gay marriage or that I want it in this country, but I certainly understand that there are people who agree that it should be around. This fat bitch thinks that because America is "one nation under God" that everybody should answer to Christians. She uses the kids because they are easy targets. The kids will listen to her and grow up thinking that the more they cry and speak in tongues at church, the more they love Jesus or God. Look at the one about the girl Holly, she goes to church when she can and believes in God, but that doesn't seem to satisfy her friend who went to that summer camp. Her friend says that she has to work on her. Children should not be used as tools for converting people because they are just children. Becky Fischer makes children convert others and participate political protests with the idea that everybody would be better if they were Christian. She forgets that God's word should be spread with love not with a biggoted attitude.

The kids aren't ready to take on the responsibility of fighting against gay marriage or abortion. Becky Fischer treats Christianity like a business instead of a way of thinking. She teaches these kids that everyone in the world around them is evil except for those who are Christians.

BTW, obesity is a sin too,Ms.Fischer!!:notrust

15. Aecen *grin*

It scares me, turning these damn kids into mindless soldiers...and they cant do anything about it. Poor kids,

16. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

Clearly I missed a part. What about Holly? What, now we got preteens going around converting Christians into ultra-Christians?

17. Nega doesn't watch Naruto.

Its all a smoke screen to hide what she's really doing, eating the kids.

18. Iruka-Senpai Member

Three reasons why I've allways had a problem with this movement:

1. It teaches youth that the Christian relationship is the Christian religion. It sort of teaches that people are only good if they are Christians or that they are better Christians if they cry while praying or speak in tongues. Jesus calls this judging and acting as if you are automatically free of sin when you believe in his teachings or closer to God when you got church more.

2. It degrades our state of musical culture. They tend to not have respect for the musical artforms they use to praise God. To some of them, it's just a way to get the attention of young people and make them want to come to church more.It makes God look more like a fashion trend they should flaunt publicly. Plus, the people think that all the artforms they use( Hip Hop, Rock, Metal, Reggae) are evil and need purifying. This isn't true, a lot of today's music has only become corrupted due to corporate capitalization. Some of these artforms were made to express the idea of a Creator. If they weren't, you shouldn't try to purify them because they aren't made to serve the Lord spiritually.

3. They are taught that the world around them is evil, that everyone is out to get them because they believe in God. They are taught that people should answer to them because they are Christians instead of doing what Jesus did and spread the word of God peacefully. Jesus even told his followers that they shouldn't make people feel lesser than them and shouldn't force God on anyone. He said that you should only preach to those who wish to hear and if you find a place where no one will listen, don't scream or shout at them or raise arms. You should just leave them and be on your way.

God should not be an army or people who flaunt their faith in public or brag about how they have found the truth. God should be taught gently and with compassion. I would like more people to believe in God, but I don't want to hurt people or make anyone feel less than me because I believe in Him. I also don't think you should brag about being a follower of God and think he is more pleased when you flaunt your faith in public. Jesus calls these people hypocrites who only want to use Him to have control and to make themselves look cool. God doesn't want this:

Link removed

19. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

I cant watch videos here but I saw Roepers view on the movie based on it. Even he said if Jesus was alive today he would be appaled.

And I am too from what I've seen.

20. Jams Member

Just took a look at the clip about 'Saving Holly' (which is here btw; And here's a guitar version for you synth-haters out there.) and it made me feel awkward at least. I'm suprised Holly can put up with that girls pestering to go to church and stuff ALL THE TIME!

The whole idea of 'being saved' is really messed up too. All it's saying is 'join us or burn in hell'! Seriously, these kids could offend quite a few people - only they wouldnt realise it! They're also gonna scare quite a few people AWAY from the religion, since they're making it sound like some cult or something. Although it isn't the kids fault, and I do pity them for being brainwashed, once they become adults people are gonna stop pitying them, and instead will just see them as a bunch of Evangeliest psychos - and they wont know why people think of them like that. Not nice, I hope that the Jesus Camp doesn't live for much longer...

21. Seelas on a Forums Break

I love how she openly admits that she's brainwashing the kids. Or how she openly admits that she wants kids to become as fanatical as suicide bombers in the Middle East. The fact that she doesn't even hide the atrocity of her intentions, let alone her methods, is a testament to how sick she is.

22. Iruka-Senpai Member

I respect how she says that they should live moral lives and not just go to church, but she basically tells the kids that they need to keep going to church or they need to be part of the Christian religion to find God.

I saw this one clip of a kid saying that he felt sick inside when he met NON-CHRISTIANS, claiming it made him feel ugly inside. I think he was really just saying what Ms.Fischer(FAT BITCH) wanted him to say. Now, he's probably going to walk through life thinking anyone isn't a Christian is either immoral or not following God the correct way.

Has anyone noticed that the Christians of today sound a lot like the Jews who killed Jesus.

23. Nega doesn't watch Naruto.

I have a funny feeling that one of those kids is going to be flying a plane into my house in a few years.

24. BTlover3 Hybrid Rainbow Rewriting

One thing that makes me absolutely shocked about this thing is of how DANGEROUS this idea is. I mean, the kids are being told about God and yet aren't understanding. Therefore, the people telling them all this junk becomes their leader. A major dictatorship covered up in religious hullabaloo.

One thing that I just couldn't believe was a scene in the trailer. A kid has said that at FIVE YEARS OLD, he needed to be SAVED.

Excuse me, even if I'm Jewish and not a Christian, but, according to my childhood with friends in those years, a 5 year old kid has no wanting to be saved! He just wants cookies and cake! He was obviously told to say those things before. Absolutely amazing and scary of what these people are doing. So scary that it may only increase tension in the so-called religious war between the Americans and Muslims. Astounding and so sad of how people are.

25. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

Isn't there some saying about how if we adopt the tactics of our enemies, we become our enemies?

It just came to mind when she started saying how Islamics extremists were doing it, so we should do it too...

26. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Yeah, I heard that too. You know, I'm of Bosnian origin, and my people was almost massacred under the world's eyes. You may remember the images of camps filled with skeletton-like prisonners, an image that everyone thought never to see in Europe again. Some of ours want now to do the same to serbs, if war was to start again. And I don't think it's a good idea. Then, I'd feel ashamed that my people would become as bloodthirsty and stupid as the serbs were.

Remember the words of a wise man whose name I forgot : "An eye for an eye makes the world blind" Islamic extremism is to be fought, there is no other possibility, no surrender, I get that, but becoming as stupid as the extremists is the wrong direction. They want to fight you in the name of one religion ? We should fight them with faith in MULTICULTURALISM !!

OK, a crazy thought : if there was a war of christianity vs Islam, I'd join the camp that is against both, the side of people that care about humans, no matter the origin, religion or opinion, the side that thinks people can live together through their differences. Between 2 extrems, I choose the middle.

27. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Well damn. I sense Waco part 2

28. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

Yar. We'll make an army of extreme humanists to combat the religion fanatics.

29. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Aaahh... shit... Good point... We'd become extremists too... Ah fuck it ! I'm just gonna find a nice spot in a mountainous place, have some sheeps, and stuff the border of my piece of land with booby-traps and claymores and have a decently furnished arsenal. Any religious army or extremist coming too close would receive some surprises.

30. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

"Screw Earth, let's all move to Mars."