1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Jiraishin

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by CABLE, Aug 7, 2005.

1. CABLE

Jiraishin, also known as Ice blade, anyone reading it? if not its a great cop drama/action manga about a cold cop named Ida who doesn't take shit from anyone and he is a very good judge of justice as well as a badass. From the first chapter which is about 90 pages long, you get a good feel for the story. For you Rurouni Kenshin fans out there, the first chapter is almost a homage to the Enishi arc. Ida saved a girl from killing herself 5 years previous and she fell in love with him, he did not return her love and eventually arrested her for murder. Then in jail she died so then her brother who was furious due to her death blamed it on Ida(like Enishi for Kenshin killing Tomoe). Her bro had light hair and earings like Enishi also. Then he tried to go get help from a gang(sort of like how Enishi rose to the top of the shanghai gang and he was an arms dealer) well the gang he went to he got a gun from like an arms dealers of sorts then he killed the men. like enishi did to Wu Heisen(more just fucked him up). Then for revenge, he took one of his fellow detectives wives captive(like kidnapping Kaoru) then the final battle was on the beach(like the EnishixKenshin fight). Weird more than likely a homage to RK. I strongly suggest reading this manga.

you can get it at

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Pro

You forgot to mention this manga is for 18+ people only. Kids shouldnt read it, since it contains rape, gore and other mature contents. If you read up to 17 vol. you should already know that the manga is basically trying to show how sick the society really is.

3. CABLE

is it still going?

4. Pro

Ends at 19 hawk's scanlation is at 17.

5. Kaki

Cool, I've been reading it.....

6. Mori`

heh good bump :)

I finished the other week, its a great manga. Ida is a seriously awesome character as well

7. Code

Well I just started reading it more frequently recently... I'm about half way through the manga. It's a great read so far, one of the reasons being the main character's personality.

8. BakaKage

sounds interesting.

I always like a good cop story :)

*downloads*

9. gumby2ms

gotta bump this now two new chapters in the sequel and hopefully they will update thread name to jiraishin/jiraishin diablo but whatever. Much is going on and scary little girl is now a scary woman. I won't be happy till Ida has a gun in his hands then it is truly back, that or at least a coat.

Spoiler:
    so calling it dude is going to die and Ida gets his other eye
    Spoiler:

ps. seeing the avatar above I imagined the godliness of a freesia-jiraishin cross over :)

10. Ayakashi

Jiraishin's been updated? I thought it was long over, going to check it out.

11. gumby2ms

diablo is up to chapter 4 on this one reader i found but even trader has up to chapter 4. on badass mook shoots up the white-collars and obviously will be the first victim of the resurrected ida. also it seems the little girl actually has a legit underworld job, now that she is hot and shit and all.

Ch.59 there translators site link to ch 1-4 tried to be nondescript so far so I wouldn't spoil too much.

12. moocifer

The scanlation for this has been completed for some time:

Also note chapter 60's cover page

It's really great and should really be WAY more popular. I happen to find it randomly, and have been extremely pleased. It's only 72 chapters but each one is about 45 pages so it's a lengthy read.