1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Jiraiya and Itachi vs Pein!!

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Hi no Ishi, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Hi no Ishi Well-Known Member

50M distance
    No Knowledge
    Killing Intent but in character

Fight!!

Tags:
  2. Shark On a break..

They win high to extreme difficulty, one of them might die as well. They're gonna waste a lot of energy on discovering the paths' abilities.

Itachi takes the lead and they win.

3. Crow ♣️♥️

Itachi can discover Peins abilities through risk and if it gets too far and he almost dies he can use Izangi. Once Itachi discovers Pein's abilities Jiraiya can take it from there and kill Pein with Itachi as backup. High Diff.

4. Shazam Well-Known Member

5. ARGUS The conqueror

Otherwise pein obviously loses

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Maverick04 Out of touch

No knowledge and a non escape friendly location..Yea Jman is gonna be pretty obsolete here..And even if he gets into SM, I dont think both him and Itachi can destroy CT with their jutsus so Pain wins by default..Duo win if they can beat the paths before CT..Even if CT happens, Itachi could Izanagi maybe and go for the Kill..thats really the only way the duo win after CT

7. Sage light Well-Known Member

YT could destroy the orb. I think it's mid diff at best.

8. Gohara Ryutoshi

That team wins that match up in my opinion because Jiraiya is capable of matching up on par with the paths version of Nagato individually and while I think that a good argument can be made for Itachi's character being superior that's unnecessary because his character is teaming up with a character on par with the paths version of Nagato. :p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. wooly Eullerex BTW, Izanagi is a ninjutsu; chidori is a nin-taijutsu

Flag:
    Belgium
    it takes at minimum, three hi kage level to beat pein, more like four.

one of these two just gets fodderized from the start w/o plot nerfs by a deva combo & then...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  10. Bonly Fire Fist

Egypt
    Either Itachi helps stall long enough for Frog Song to get off or they'd get overwhelmed after taking out a few paths

11. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow Sanbantai taicho Ichimaru Gin

Poland
    Without Izanagi(an gathering intel about Pain), I don't see team winning this match-up. I think that they would win 5.5/10 times. They would need a lot of luck to destroy Naraka Path without an info.(it would stop restoration of the others Paths). If they don't do this, Pain will have much bigger chance to win. If they get intel, Itachi will lose Susanoo and have to rely on Ama.
    Pain wins high difficulty, while team extreme high diffs.

12. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

SM Naruto, who was stronger than these 2, couldn't do anything against a strong BT. KCM Naruto, who is even stronger had to use a chakra arm which barely takes any concentration to do something about it... which is beyond what Jiraiya and Itachi can replicate.

Killing intent and no knowledge. Pain is likely to opt for the quick kill when all Paths are together.

This closer match some posters want is only remotely possible if you exclude Deva Path. If Deva is included, well, all Paths will always stomp these two.

13. Sage light Well-Known Member

While it's true, Bansho-Tenin is quite the weapon to overcome, it should be noted that he(Itachi) cannonically evaded Shinra-Tensei, which is portrayed to be it's speed-equal.

It's weakness is it's a one-sided force unlike it's counter-part, which lead's me to believe he can more than just evade it, plus initiate his counter attack in the 5 second time-period.

It's likely, that YM(Yasaka Magatama) can subdue the orb, or TB(Totsuka's Blade) can subdue it, by sealing it's contents.

I doubt, ST'd work effectively on the YT, which cannonically deflected the Kusanagi's Blade, which is hyped to pierce through any substance, and has cannonically proved it's hype when it pierced Rinnegan Jīnchuuuriki-Madara.

It likely, Mirror's the attack(ST) to the owner, i.e, Devā Path, and might catch the rest of The Paths, if they stay closer to each other, enabling Jiraiya a chance to bath them with Goemon, or initiate the Frog-Call/Frog Song, which he has no actual defense to, cannonically.

14. Eliyua23 Well-Known Member

Let’s look at what the manga portrayed Jiraiya was in fact a very dangerous opponent for Pain , Naruto with Sage Mode was a very dangerous opponent for Pain but the Deva’s prowess is what really separates him from the Sage users but adding in Itachi’s overall effectivess and cunning into the mix tips the balance in SM favor , people always cite the Nagato vs Bee, Itachi , Naruto but fail to mention Naruto never used SM against Nagato , he used Kurama chakra as well as Bee which was absorbed by Nagato That was playing right into his hands but SM Jiraiya and Naruto fought Pain much more effectively so with that said SM/MS duo definitely win this mid diff

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Tri ✌️

Australia
    I’d still favor Pain but he’s definitely losing some paths in the process of winning here.

16. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Canonically Itachi got turned to dust; living Itachi would have died.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Sage light Well-Known Member

BTW, Nagato, got turned into utter stale-dust, by TB. You can check it. He, slowly turned, gradually into dust, after TB, sucked his soul, out. It's there in the Manga. I think you confused scans. Look properly next time.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  18. savior2005 Well-Known Member

CT likely ends it. Jiraiya doesn't seem to have a super strong long range attack thats comparable to narutos/bee's to assist Itachi in destroying the core. and the only reason they attacked the core was bcuz Naruto gave itachi info about CT. In this scenario, OP states no knowledge.
    Pain wins

19. Emperor Palpatine Well-Known Member

They need to win before CT. They don't have the firepower to break it.

20. Zero890 Well-Known Member

Pain will not even use CT, for that he must get close to his real body and be killed in the process.

21. Zero890 Well-Known Member

Jiraiya or Itachi individually are a serious problem for Pein, the two together defeat him mid diff.

22. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

That's why Kabuto was waiting for Itachi, he was reforming. Of course, I don't see why the dude who pulled the "tanked" feat from his ass thinks he's in a position to ask for evidence. :hmm

I'm sure Totsuka did a excellent job not being absorbed by an Edo programmed not to react/attack other Edos. Ironic as you're talking about looking at scans properly. :urahaha

23. Sage light Well-Known Member

Lol, I suggest you stop pulling stuff out of your, ass and actually read what I said in my post. Where the hell did I say "tanked"? Quote me on that. Instead of wasting my time. I got other things to do.
    Lol, with the weirdass emoticons again huh? I'm wondering if you're joking about the Edo-Part. "Programmed" "not to react/attack", lmao. Former buzz-word wasn't necessary since whatever you wanted to say, had been said in the second. I was right when I said look properly. I should've said READ properly, as it has come to this. Edo arent even programmed not to react/attack. Him being controlled had nothing to do with him not reacting, it aided him better than his real-self, actually. I doubt he had such reflexes with No-Kabuto. He really doesnt likely. That isnt a reflex/react feat he would capably be enable of doing, merit-wise, if judged. He went stronger, likely, than his alive-self, when controlled as Kabuto, likely.

24. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Your post consisted of made up information. In fact this post indicated that you outright didn't read the manga. Did you read the remarks the Edos said to each other? :lmao Kabuto lost control when Totsuka hit. Was this forgotten too?

25. Sage light Well-Known Member

This is Ironic. You're the one claiming Edos are programmed not to "react" lmao yet I'm the one denying canon. Ironic truly.

Edo never said they cant react, which you made up, they said they cant initiate the fight, they can defend themself, only.

What of before the TB struck him. Where was his superior reaction when Itachi sliced him(his arm). Nowhere right.

26. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

You should just read the manga before embarrassing yourself further. You're not the first Itachi fan to ignore chunks of the manga.

27. Sage light Well-Known Member

You're the only one ignoring the Manga here. This was what a neutral edo looked acted felt or appeared like. They are in auto pilot mode. Kabuto occassionally give edos free will to exploit the emotional advantage(of fighting thier loved ones.)

Mentally manipulating an edo decreasing thier mental reaction(which itachi overpowered) is just fanfic you made up. If anything his reaction foot reflex speeds increased when controlled personally directly by edo's master(Kabuto.)

28. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Now try not to skip the page where Gangetsu said he couldn't attack Mu despite trying to.

29. Sage light Well-Known Member

Because they cannot battle other edos. Got nothing to do with the fact Nagato was personally privately overwatched by the controller, Kabuto which ensures maximum utilisation of powers(of Nagato.) Hence his speed was not decreased.

30. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

There you go! They cannot battle other Edos. Nagato without Kabuto's control could not, nor wanted to, battle Itachi. Ergo, Totsuka wouldn't be absorbed or repelled.

Kabuto controlling Nagato is a different story, but once Nagato was hit with Totsuka, Kabuto lost control. As stated before, in that scenario, Nagato was programmed not to react to Itachi's attach, nor would he want to.

ITT Nagato/Pain will be reacting to Itachi's attacks.