1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Jiraiya's Birthday

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by RGZ_ReGZ, Dec 3, 2005.

1. RGZ_ReGZ Refined Gundam Zeta

As you know, Kishi always put references into many important characters. So today, when i looked at Jiraiya's birthday, I noticed something interesting: November 11.

Now, Naruto's birthday is October 10, the traditional "health and Sports Day" (before they moved it around). So I was wondering if November 11 also meant something?

Here's a few thing I noticed:
    10/10 (naruto's birthday) If I had add one to the day and the month, I get 11/11 (jiraiya's birthday). So It may indicate, logn ago, the sannin link between Jiraiya and Naruto.

Novmber 11 is pocky day (no, really!)... but I doubt that have anything to do with that, moving on.

November 11 may goes by many name: Remembernace day in Canada, Veteran's day in US, but it's all to remember the great war and the peace that we now have. So i am wondering if Japan also commorate the dead on that day?

Tags:
  2. Chi Technical knockout

:laugh

Really.. I think you are looking too much into it.. I think it's just coincidence..
    And Kishimoto don't even remembers charecters ages, do you expect him to remember dates..

3. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

Well, according to the Japanese Wikipedia, 11 November is:

Pocky & Pretz Day
    Peanut Day
    Gem Day
    Battery Day
    Salmon Day
    Origami Day
    Socks Day

Nothing normal is celebrated though ^^

Besides, the Great War that's being remembered on 11-11, is the First World War. Japan didn't have that much to do with that ^^