1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Johnny Cash, Johnny Cash..how I miss you so

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by mow, Jun 2, 2005.

1. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I love Cash.

Im in love all his recordings, his singles, his voice and his guitar. Im addicted to him. My fav vocalist of al time (along with Dylan and Young). His voice is so dreary, so hurt, so deep and thunderous, wondorful and fits excellently his style of songwriting, storytelling and music. His lyrics are profound, they just grow and grow on youHis music is so simple, yet so elquonet and grand, and it makes his music even more personal and touching. The man inspired THE bob Dylan. And the last time I checked, if you managed to inspire dylan, you are God among men.

Chills travel down my spine when I hear Ghoster Riders In The Sky. When he sings gospwel, my god it makes me want to convert. His ability to sing his faith and belief and express is just heart warming.

It saddens me so much to realize that the upcoming generation, will grow up without their own "Cash" making music. Johnny Cash was kinda like a musical messiah, only a few of these people exsist in a life time, and throughout the 20th Century he was one of them. Bob Marley, did the same for Reggae, as did Miles Davis for Jazz, and so did Dylan for Folk music, as what Johnny did for country music.

I firmly believe he only had a few, numbered bad songs. He's an absolute overlooked gem of the Mainstream Country genre.

Cash's songs about death, drugs and women would make any raper tremble in their feet.

Johnny Cash and his music make me cry.

Tags:
  2. DyersEve The Great Southern Trendkill

preach it, brother. johnny cash was a baller. and for the record: i never expected his NIN cover to be any good, but it was fuckin killer!

3. Keramachi Fight war, not wars.

I am not a particular fan of country, but Johnny Cash is amazing. The wide range of talent that he possessed is equal only to his songwriting. A true musician.

4. aslan The Music Teacher

Jonny Cash did a large number of covers from metal/rock bands

2 from NIN that I can think off

but the words of that type of song fitted Cash's style so he was able to wirk with it.

JC Aslan will miss you

5. DyersEve The Great Southern Trendkill

...i definetely had no idea.
    MUST... AQUIRE.... LIMEWIRE.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEERGH..

6. acidzerox On a mission from God...

Moe, you prove agian you wonderful taste in music. Johnny Cash was a God. No matter what kind of music you like you can still like Johnny Cash and it be cool. His songs could be darker than any metal song ever written. I mean "I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die." Wow, I mean wow. I love this man. In my opinion, he was a saint. In my eyes Saint Cash is the patron God of music. THere just aren't words to describe how much he will be missed and the fact that he can never be replaced or repeated. God Bless you John, I'll see you some day!!

7. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

Johnny Cash is beyond rock and roll or country, Johnny Cash is in the words of Bruce Dickinson, pure fucking metal.

He partied, travelled, questioned, and there may be no performers who can put so much into a live show as he did.

I am going to see I Walk the Line on the weekend, probably more than once if it's good.

I am a major Cash fanatic and have been for many, many years.

8. Jink Kid :thumbs

sadly I never heard anything from him -_- and the first time I even HEARD about Johnny was when the movie was announced

9. DyersEve The Great Southern Trendkill

What is this "Walk the Line" shizz?

Dammit. Since my dad disconnected our cable I haven't had a clue what's going on in the world.

10. The Fireball Kid Respect the Mustache

Jhonny Cash Pwns. I especially like all of the covers that Social Distortion did by him.

11. BushidoPunk Hero of the Gods

A Boy Named Sue was how I got into his music. Gotta thank my buddy James for that. I saw "Walk the Line" yesterday and it was freakin' great. If you guys havent' seen it, go now! :D

12. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

Walk the Line is the Johnny Cash movie, with Joaquin Pheonix playing Johnny, and Reese Witherspoon playing June Carter (later June Carter Cash). It's supposed to be both accurate and brilliant, and full of Cash's peculiar charm.

13. NaRa Metally Retarded

I've always loved cash and i always will im looking forward to seeing walk the line next weekend ^.^

14. pnoypridz Member

i can honestly say i never heard any cash

with all your description imma look for music by him

15. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

How can you not have heard Ring of Fire?

I mean...wow.

But yeah, he is one of our ages greatest storytellers.....was.

RIP

16. Erkekjetter Phantoms Now.

I fell Down in a burnin' ring of fire! I love that song, sadly it's one of the few Cash tunes I've listened to

17. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

Boy Named Sue is possibly the greatest song ever :D

I mean it's brilliant, funny, and amazing..

18. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

Who is Johnny Cash? is he really that good?

19. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

...I have now officially lost all faith in humanity. My optimism has been crushed. There is no God. There is no meaning to life. just kidding. JC IS really that good though. You should definitely give him a listen.

20. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

Thanks for uncle jafuncle, I would try to listen one of his cds :)

21. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll thank Moe for making this thread.:amuse

22. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

what that mean that I will cry, and laugh when hearing his music cds..?
    he is only a musician not an actor...:amuse

23. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

Actually Johnny also acted. But more importantly, he told stories, some of them extremely powerful and emotional. Just listen to his COVER of Hurt, that alone is a heart wrencher, or the extremely fun A Boy Named Sue..

24. martryn Dick in hand

Even if you guys don't know any of his songs, everyone should recognize the name Johnny Cash.

25. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I recognize the name and I am ashamed to say that I have not even a single album by the man.

Could someone help me rectify that? :huh

@Cata: Hurt is an amaaaaazng cover. It is one of the few songs that came on the radio that actually made me take a minute to listen. I considered nominating it for the mixtape despite it's fame :amuse

/deeply in love with Hurt

26. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I endorse Walk The Line; EXTREMELY. You will feel as if Cash is alive again.

and wow, lots of bumping is going around these days XD. Glad to see more JC fans :amuse

27. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

For those of you not in the know, a recently released four disc compilation of Johnny Cashes work is available. It's not only like 70 of his best tracks (and some collaborations) but it includes a beautiful hard cover book like case and a booklet that's like thirty pages of information and photos. Most major music stores will carry it, it's only like $40 Cdn, so...dammit, go get it.

28. Jef88 88

awww great
    i love johnny cash :love
    my best friend is now totaly into his music for the moment (and so am i)

29. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

I have always been a fan of Cash, from as far back as I can remember I have listened to his mucis, and much like Tom Petty, he is part of the soundtrack of my life.

That said, I remember when people used to mock me for it. :D

Then he released Hurt and all of a sudden he was cool again.

Well, hypocritical or not, the man deserves the recognition, his impact has touched all genres and all countries and it saddens me to think we may not see his equal again.

30. Taxman Rail Tracer Supporting Staff

I, too, miss Johnny Cash so much. I have a hard time picking out my favorite song by him, but he is truly a storyteller that everyone should take the time to listen to one of his songs. Either it be Folsom Prison Blues, A Boy Named Sue, Walk the Line, Man in Black, Cocaine Blues, or even his cover of NiN Hurt, people should listen to his music. There is a big void in the music world ever since he passed away and sadly...it will never be filled...:sad