1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Just curious

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Roderick Phillips, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Roderick Phillips New Member

I have been really trying to get into Anime lately. But just dont see myself watching something for too long, AoT though did take my attention. Any reccomendations?

Let me also point out I'm a big Fan of super hero types deals

Tags:
  2. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    Well, for any new anime watchers (or anime-watchers in general, really) I always have these 4 must-watch series.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: 64 episodes of pure emotion and a perfect ending. About 2 boys who lose parts of their bodies after trying to bring their mother back to life. They go on a journey to regain their original bodies. Relatively heavy on philosophy and morals. Prepare to cry.

Fate/Zero: A darker 25-episode action-packed anime. Seven masters/mages summon seven servants/heroes (typically from Mythology) from the past to help them partake in a grail war. So 7 teams of 2. The winner in the end gets to make a wish to the holy grail. Pretty brutal but easily one of the best.

Death Note: 37-episode psychological anime (I guess). This one has the best early-episode grip of the four. About a high-schooler who finds a Death Note (a book in which you can write someone's name, after which they die of a heart-attack). Basically a huge battle of wits between the holder and a certain detective who tries to catch him.

Hunter x Hunter (2011): 148 episodes. Probably one of the greatest battle-shounen to date. Might take a few episodes or even an arc for you to get gripped, but once you do it's an insane ride all the way to the end. About a young boy who wants to become a hunter, to better understand why his deadbeat father ditched his ass to become one himself. Pretty dark for the most part, though there are light-hearted moments.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018