1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Just started reading

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime Archive' started by JAPPO, Oct 7, 2005.

1. JAPPO Orochimaru's Reincarnation

I must say its an alrite manga -- what with the cool battles and some-what immature humor. Kinda reminds me of Dragonball. But whats with a devils fruit that makes you rubbery? wouldnt it make you evil or something?

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni Active Member

Nah, the devil fruits don't have that kind of effect. XD

3. TDM Toast

Err how far are you? I don't wanna spoil anything. So anyways, cool it's an awesome manga, FMA Manga takes millenia for an update, Naruto just ended an arc, and Bleach 198 just came out, so OP is always good for a read.

4. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

yeah, they just call it a "Devil Fruit" because if you eat it, you are an enemy of the goddess of the sea.

5. TDM Toast

I thought it was a god. :X Oh while were on the subject of devil fruits, and I know this is pretty risky

Spoiler: 385 spoiler
    risky does anyone know exacty what happens when one eats two devil fruits? They sorta explain it in chapter 385, but ya know...

6. ichinii30 Member

After you eat a devil fruit, you loose the ability to swim

7. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

I believe the poster's question was what do the Devil's Fruits do.

Well, there are many, many different kinds. Each fruit (I don't think there's doubles, but there are some similar ones) gives you a different power. For all of them, however, you lose the ability to swim.

8. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

I think the fact that everyone has different powers set's it apart from Dragonball's mundane "everyone can turn into a super saiyan and fire universe destroying ki blasts" formula.

In that sense the fights never really get boring. However, Oda was inspired by Toriyama just like Kishimoto.

Now what do Devil Fruit's do you ask? Well it's quite simple really. In their natural state Devil Fruits are considered very valuable treasures. I believe in the flashback Buggy had to his and Shanks time on the same ship. Shanks said that a Devil Fruit could sell for... either a million or a hundred million Beri I can't remember.

Anyways despite the series early attitude of "any one would be crazy to be a pirate after eating one of those things" it turne out that there are many Devil Fruit pirate user's on the grand line and around the One Piece world. Luffy just being one of those pirates of course.

A Devil Fruit has one specific power depending on the one you eat. However, the consequence to this is that you'll never be able to swim again. Still it gives the user a unique ability and as I said this makes the fights more interesting to watch since it would be too boring if Luffy was the only Devil Fruit user in the series.

9. TDM Toast

Yeah, Oda gets really creative with the Devil Fruits later on. Just keep on reading and you'll know what I mean.

Spoiler: manga spoiler
    Nico Robin's was crazy, I would've never thought of that

10. JAPPO Orochimaru's Reincarnation

Ohhh... thanks. Is the anime better than the manga?

11. Baby Raptor Disciple of Jiriaya-sama!

it is depend on People , some people like anime than manga in one piece or some people like manga than anime ! i like both of one piece

12. Tenrow Silver Wolf

imo the manga is a lot better
    How far are you in the manga anyway?

13. Naluto Believe It!

I like both, but I really do enjoy the voices in the anime. Like I think Luffy's is hilariously funny. :)

14. dragonofraven Master of elemental knowledge

Personally, I like the anime better, or at least in the beginning. The drawing in the manga for the beginning volumes aren't too good, but once they get nice and clear then I'd say they're better than the anime.

15. Crowe inactive - most of the time

I like the comedy in the animes, more funny scenes can be put in a 20 min videofile, then the 20 pages of the manga. Tho i find the manga more 'emotionally'.

And post NO mangaspoilers in here. There is a manga section over at Konoha Library 2 > One Piece.