1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Just to Verify

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Catterix, May 31, 2007.

1. Catterix is a super awesome

This is just a thread making a point. Not every thread needs to be amazing.

Anyway, there's been a lot of discussion over whether the art really is that bad or not. Some deny the quality of some episodes, and say they're all terrible, or others are the opposite, and say they're all brilliant.

Well, just to verify, here are two examples that will show you something:

Part 1 pic:

Shippuden Pic:

That is the same scene, one done by a group for Naruto, another done by a group for Shippuden. What's scary is that the Shippuden group who did it, are not the lowest quality you can find for Shippuden. There are some that are much worse.

However, you can see the different styles here. Whilst the actual baby Naruto (or baby alien) is better quality in the Naruto picture, it can be argued that the background in the Shippuden picture is far superior.

There is work being done in Shippuden, just... not all in the right places :p

Now, however, here is another type of example:

One Team's pic:

Another Team's pic:

Here you can see the same exact scene done by two different groups. The first one is done by the same people who did the most recent episode (16) and episode 8. The second one is from episode 5. You can clearly see how different art directors make a difference.

This is largely what brings down Shippuden's quality, at least for me. More episodes are like the former, and not the latter. The pictures appear more flat, just look at many of the headshots, they're often facing the screen head on, which never happened in the original show. This is because the artists lack the skill to make art appear as if with texture, or dynamics. Check any episode of Naruto, even many of the bad ones and you'll see many shots of different angles that have been worked hard at. They fly by so that we don't even notice, but unfortunately, having art like now, really brings down the enjoyment of the episode, and makes many fights seem dull.

Its been getting better recently, but still, we do get many flat moments.

Anyway, that's all really. I wanted to say this, but couldn't think where to post it. This isn't really to make much of a point, but to slightly educate and also possibly allow further discussions. I wouldn't be surprised if there are those who want to prove me wrong lol :p

Tags:
  2. ew_younerd THE LIFE DESTROYER.

3. Uchiha Amik Don't Spoil Me...I'll Kill You

is that baby naruto in the second pic? or a picture of the "Blob"?

some Shippuuden artists really suck... like bad. others like in your third pic are pretty good.

if everything was like 3rd pic... it would be money.

4. Mintaka Well-Known Member

5. RaZzy is not here.

I'm just curious if these people are really proud on what they make.

6. Hoshigaki The true Pimp of Iceland

3rd pic? Kankurou looks like a retard in that pic. or were you just looking at gaara maybe?:notrust

7. Chunkyhunks Basically Retired

Kankuros mouth is too big, but Gaara is fucking amazing. Sucks that Pierrot can't produce consistent work like other studios though.

8. Catterix is a super awesome

Really? I honestly don't like that Gaara too much. He looks too flat. The one in the 4th pic looks best to me, even though we can't see much of him.

9. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

Why couldn't they just use the image from episode one of Naruto instead of drawing up a grotesque alien Naruto for this episode?

That looks..disgusting.

Second team picture is far better than the first imo.

10. geG Very Rude

11. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

Yeah, artwise I don't think it gets much worse than that.

I'd like to see examples if it does in fact get worse.

12. geG Very Rude

Well, there's 29 and 45 from the original series. :sag

But yeah, as far as Shippuuden goes I don't think anything's been worse than 8 and 16 art-wise.

13. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

Man episode 16 art was an all time low. I don't think it's fair to compare that to anything. The artists were obviously all high during this episode.

14. Techno_Jutsu Carrying a sharp stick

The shippuden baby Naruto isn't that much worse. The proportions from part 1 are all wrong for an infant; he looks like a young child, whereas the shippuden baby has a larger head and torso, which would be correct for an infant. Shippuden also gave him less hair, although an infant would have virtually no hair, so I guess they both messed that up.

15. itachi san Member

i agree so far naruto art is much better than shippuden, what really annoys me in shippuden is how they draw sakura side on she looks really bad (ill see if i can get a pic later) and it just really annoys me it just doesn't look right

16. OMGicantbelieveit >=D

The part one made the baby look almost like the baby in the manga, Thats what counts in my eyes.

17. Season's Best A real member now

I was born with a full head of hair, as was one of my brothers, but then again I am a pretty hairy person now. Something like "missing link" hairy. o.O

Catterix you made an interesting topic, but when you say 'team' I would like to point out that in these types of productions, the character line art is usually done by just one guy, the background line art done by another, and the colors by another. So you have different people with specific tasks rather than a group where everyone works together on a little bit of everything.

18. Naaruto Uzumaki

:O The seal on Naruto stomach is spiraling in different directions on each picture. :amuse

19. kirini Member

true quality is worse than earlier, it has long way to go until it is same level as naruto.

20. halfhearted The gaze into the sun

Episode 16 Baby Naruto reminds me of that guerilla Mars activist from Total Recall.

Ugh. :oh

21. Na- When in doubt, Whip it out

I swear to god i didnt think that it was Naruto they showed at first. Possibly some sort of alien trying to asume his baby form :huh

22. Gamble Combination Style

I find that comical it's going different directions in those two shots.

23. ai_love_gaara Gaara's Secret Admirer

When I first saw that baby in Shipp-16's ep, I laughed I missed out what was being said next. seriously, I compared that baby to a potato in another thread, I mean seriously, wtf? :huh.

And I'll say it again: they should have just repeated the shot from the first eppy. They were probably tired of using flashbacks, but if they're gonna redraw it again, it's common sense to draw it better.

OMG! ROFLMAO!

And here I was thinking the picture couldn't be any worse.....