1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Justice League vs. X-Men

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by Kuya, Oct 8, 2006.

Justice League vs. X-Men

1. Justice League

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. X-Men

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Justice League - Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Aztek

X-Men - Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Iceman, Magneto, Bishop, Rogue, Psylocke, Phoenix

This is the last i've seen of both these teams so I dunno who left or who joined these teams since i last read, but i'm going with this now.
    So, who wins?

Tags:
  2. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

foreal no feedback?

3. Havoc Basted God

You must hate the JL to put them up against Phoenix.

4. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Sorry, but that's as insanely unbalanced as it gets :/

Only argument for the X-men I can think of is there's a chance Pheonix can TP-overpower all the Justice league, but to do that she'd have to overpower a fairly powerful TP Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern's ring-protections, Superman's mental training and Aquaman's TP powers. All at once. Before any of them (or the others) just kill them all.

And I can't see that happening. I guess if it's full-powered white-crown Pheonix that's actually a cosmic part of the universe they could win, but she's really not part of the X-men at that point.

5. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

If u take out phoenix then JL has a much better chance but i don't know if they can stop magneto or not?

6. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

I thought Martian would have been near Phoenix' level.

So is the fight too unbalanced favoring X-Men?

7. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

^WHAT!!!!!????
    Martian at phoenix level?????? :rotfl
    If phoenix can take out the whole JL single handedly then u do the math.

8. Havoc Basted God

With Phoenix it's one sided for X-men, and without her JL would annihilate them.

9. Jh1stgen Active Member

phoenix >>>>>>

X-men wins

10. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Actually, Phoenix when she was a member of the X-men wasn't too godlike, Chuck was able to stun her telepathically (not defeat her but hold her back and slow her down).

That's all MM has to do.

Actually, you could probably make the argument that Flash can kill her before she can even think of using her powers in any way.

Dark Pheonix or White Crown Pheonix could crush the Justice League, but if you want to argue those then wouldn't it be fair to argue Ion Kyle and Sun-dipped Supes and Flaming Martian Manhunter or whatever he's called?

11. Havoc Basted God

Ok we can use White Crown Phoenix and Ion, in that case X-men win.:p Fernus isn't even in their league though.

12. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

And White Crown gets turned into a fine pink mist in the first picosecond of the fight, then she goes to the "white room" to wait for her to be reborn again.

JL team is just too fast for the X-men. Replace Flash, Supes, MM, Wonder Woman, #@$@# just about the whole line-up with people that are much slower and the X-men can fight (at which point Pheonix becomes the unbalancing player I admit).

13. ~Shin~ Spectacular Insanity

Does magneto even have a chance?

14. Hamaru Semi-Active

I agree lol the Phoenix does'nt even need a team.

15. Hamaru Semi-Active

Without Phoenix I think it would be about even. I mean did you read the Marvel V.S DC comic? Wonder Woman had no chance ageanst Storm! If you watch JL you would see that Wonder Woman is one of JL's best.Also Phyloc can predict moves befor they happen and all Rouge has to do is touch you:amuse

16. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

The majority of the DC vs. Marvel matches were decided by voting in who you want to win.

Storm was more popular than Wonder Woman then.

17. Hamaru Semi-Active

But she still kicked ass lol! So in the end the reason why they made her win does not matter the fact is that she did.

18. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

No, the editors and staff didn't decide that match. It was the fans who had to mail their votes.

Storm was more popular, and that's why she won.

DC vs. Marvel fights weren't all that believeable.

Example, Wolverine vs. Lobo.

Lobo by all means should have beaten Wolverine badly. However, we all know how popular Wolverine is, and thus he won.

Plus, JLA/Avengers is the only crossover that's canon.

19. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

The battle is fairely even, if we take each character at thier time in the X-men andi n the case of JL at their beginings. The winners is hard to predict but it will depend on the trump cards:
    For X-men it's : Magneto & Pheonix

For JL it's: Flash & Green Lantern

Magneto cause if he is in a bad mood he can instantly kill anyone by ripping all iron from their bodies. Pheonix cause even at her low-stat power she is cosmic and we really don't know how cosmic energy would affect DC universe given the exten of its power can go from beam attacks to actual time manipulation.

Flash because he can pretty much get one up on his opponents if they don't have their defense on. Speed force is a very complicated thing. Green Latern because it depends how much energy his ring actually has.

20. Shadow Replication 1480 Resident Pro Wrestling Guru

If we're using the Justice League from the beginning, wouldn't that mean it's Pre-Crisis Supes? If so, he could solo this fight.

I don't recall Phoenix being anywhere near cosmic til she went Dark Phoenix(probably wrong on this, though). Also, wasn't some of Magneto's powers repressed along with his memories by Moria MacTaggart after he was turned into a kid, re-aged and joined the X-Men?

Finally, why is Aztek in this fight when he was nothing more than a reserve Leaguer before he blew himself up to try and stop the Maggedon warhead?

21. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Nope, you're pretty spot on. She might have technically been a cosmic, but her powerlevel wasn't that impressive.

Even as Dark Pheonix, the Shi'ar thought they could reasonablly fight her, so I think at least the strongest of the Justice League should be able to give her some problems.

It doesn't really matter though, the Flash KO's everyone in the first picosecond of the fight (unless Iceman starts in his ice form, then he arguably would survive the speed-blitz and it becomes a challenge of how to deal with him. I'm pretty sure either MM or GL will come up with something though).

22. Havoc Basted God

Are we assuming Flash is instantly going for the kill when he never does?

23. Hamaru Semi-Active

24. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Well, the opening post didn't state, but I'm assuming that this is a fight.

I'm also assuming that a reasonable win condition would be for every member of one team to be KO'd at the same time.

Again I'm assuming that the Flash actually wants his team to win.

These assumputions given, the Flash is able to KO everyone on the other team before anyone else even knows the fight starts (with my caveat for Iceman above).

Unless one of my assumptions is wrong, then there is no fight here. If you want to get into a characterization debate, Wolverine's the only one on the X-men team that really likes to fight and might be willing to get into a scuffle with a group of random people (but even that's rather distantly out of character for him).

Without a scenerio to setup the fight there's no other choice but to assume they're willing to go reasonably all out. The Flash KOing people with a punch doesn't strike as unreasonably overkill.

25. Havoc Basted God

No, what I'm saying is normally if the characters are fighting bloodlusted it is normally stated in the first post, or do you not agree with this?

And the odds of Flash just running into Wolverines claws are pretty high.:laugh

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  26. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

I'm not saying bloodlusted. I'm saying "willing to fight."

If they're not at least "willing to fight" then they're just going to sit around drinking tea and eating crumpets. They're all "good guys" (for the most part) and they won't fight each other just because they bump into each other on the street.

They also (generally) aren't the type that would register for a tourniment to show of how good they are. I'm assuming as part of the thread there is some sort of motivation for each team to fight, that they stand to lose something by not fighting (or by losing).

Otherwise we can just look at while they were active members of the X-men, neither Phoenix nor Magneto killed anyone or used their powers in a too terribly agressive manner. Phoenix generally used her TK to attack, and her TP just to organize the team. Magneto might have a powerful shield to deal with, but his offense isn't going to take down Superman if he's not bloodlusted (and even then I think it's a subject of debate).

27. Havoc Basted God

Ok, so if Flash speedblitzs tehm that leaves Wolverine and Iceman alive; and if they have their shields up Phoenix, Magneto, and Psylocke. Which were basically the only useful fighters anyway, excluding Wolverine. Why are you using the characters power levels as they were when they were X-men? It would make more since to do it as they are at their normal showings.

See the problem I have for characters instantly going for the kill is then Iceman starts demolishing JL, he could stay as water vapor then just start forming inside people, freezing their blood, etc. Or on the other hand, Flash could behave as you said he would. And I view this as basically being bloodlusted, because even if Flash wanted to win he wouldn't go around killing people at the speed of light.

28. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Because the fight is "Justice League vs. X-Men", not "Justice League vs. this list of mutants."

But if you want to use average showings we can do that. I don't think it changes anything though, JLA will still have a near-lightspeed Superman, a near-lightspeed Martian Manhunter, a super-lightspeed Flash a near-lightspeed (sorta) Green Lantern and a debatably near-lightspeed Wonder Woman (and to be fair, Jean is pretty freaking weak once you average in all the time she spent as Marvel Girl and the time she spent dead).

The speed match-up between DC and Marvel is just too great. You need near-cosmics from Marvel to match the big names from DC (Infinity Watch vs. the Justice League was an interesting thread sometime ago).

A) Iceman needs to think to use his powers, if he's KO'd before he can think he can't really use his powers.
    B) Even if we assume he starts in ice form, it's rather simple for Superman (or others) to grab him and toss him into the sun. Which I don't see as an unreasonable response as soon as the first JL member turns into a frozen chunk of dead.
    C) I wasn't aware that Flash has only two levels of force: Dead and None. A normal (mildly strong) punch to the head will KO all of the members of the X-men team except for Rogue and maybe Wolverine. KO doesn't mean "dead."

If you want to assume Flash can't fight without killing and isn't willing to kill then he can't really fight can he?

29. Havoc Basted God

I'm just saying, when most X-men vs. fights are made no one usually uses their powerlevel at the time when they were X-men. And you can't really average in Marvel Girls feats, because that's not Phoenix. Did you see my other paragraph, idk if I posted it after you made this. I may have been taking Phoenix power as Dark Phoenix though, that's why I was saying X-men would win, but if you look in my earlier posts I said w/o her they would get destroyed.

30. ZergKage Well-Known Member

Then again the JLA couldnt stop Dr Polaris without Plasticman....