1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Juubi's Eye

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives 2' started by MovingFlash415, Sep 17, 2010.

1. MovingFlash415 Chillen' in Haku's mirror

So, the Juubi's eye has the ripple pattern of the Rinnegan, and the tomoe of the Sharingan, both overlapping...

For the longest time I thought it was what Juubi's eye looked like when the creature was alive, and perhaps it did...

But then this came to mind...

When Madara stared into Kyuubi's eyes, briefly the bijuu's eyes reflected the Sharingan, then turned into a pupil neither the Sharingan nor its own normal slitted pupil appearance. But for that split second, we saw the Sharingan...

Perhaps the above-most picture, that of Juubi with "ShaRinnegan", is one of those instances, where Rikudou Sennin is casting a genjutsu of some sort on the beast. And briefly, during that moment, the Rinnegan ripple pattern is featured in its eye.

So IF THAT WERE TRUE, then that would mean that the Juubi's normal eye might be a Sharingan.

Would that mean that somehow, Rikudou Sennin locked the malice of the Juubi into the ancestor that inherited the doujutsu? In other words, the "hatred of the Uchiha clan" that Madara said Sasuke inherited is, in fact, a parting gift of Rikudou Sennin that came from Juubi's malice itself?

Thoughts?

2. Nimander I has it

This is very similar to some theories that have been proposed in the past, but you've managed to elaborate on it more.

So honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the case.

3. Amrun Doesn't want a Custom Title

I'm not sure why it never occurred to me.

Good job, wifey. :hmm

4. MinatoEMS Super Sayian Jinchuuriki

dude i agree 100% it makes sense because, lets look at it, it makes the most sense. we have also seen people inherit characteristics of the bijuu within a jinchuuriki parent, naruto's whiskers. Yes people he was born with them before he had the kyuubi in him. so it only makes sense the characteristics from the juubi could of been born to the eldest son. major rep to you ma'am.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  5. MovingFlash415 Chillen' in Haku's mirror

You just totally elaborated on the "somehow" part of my theory and rounded it out beautifully! Of course - that makes total sense!!! As a jinchuuriki himself, Rikudou Sennin might pass on certain characteristics to his children that came from his bijuu, in this case its malice and eventual eye appearance (the latter as a recessive gene since the first son inherited Rikudou's eyes instead - later the recessive gene might have been expressed as a Sharingan and the Uchiha clan began around that doujutsu). Just like how Kushina passed on Kyuubi's whiskers to Naruto... Thank you, and reps to you too, sir.

(Oh by the way, I'm a girl. :) Like wifey said.)

6. MinatoEMS Super Sayian Jinchuuriki

7. Winchester Gospel Taking a Break Advisor

Ya, this has been mentioned a lot before. I prefer this theory, as it explains why the Sharingan can naturally control the tailed beasts while the Rinnegan can not.

8. (510)THIZZ THE PUPPET MASTER/SNAKE SAGE

9. MovingFlash415 Chillen' in Haku's mirror

Hmm, I didn't think of that before... :hmm I just assumed that Uchiha could do it because the malice they inherited from the bijuu would become deadlier if honed by a human's disposition. Especially if the clan's been inbreeding for so long that the trait becomes dominantly expressed. :hehee

But that's not really fair to not take historical circumstances into account too... :notrust Anyone would resent being called someone else's dogs... :nod

smile-big No worries!

10. UltimateDeadpool Steam Danger Tyrant

We also saw the Sharinnegan in Madara's Moon Eye plan, where he uses the Juubi's eye to cast the genjutsu on the world after becoming it's host, and we saw the Sharinnegan again in this chapter twice. It's no coincidence, the Sharinnegan is real.

I do agree about Rikudou cursing the Uchiha with the Juubi's hatred, even if it was inadvertent.

11. MovingFlash415 Chillen' in Haku's mirror

Hmm ...but the thing that makes me wonder is, would Madara obtain an illusion another way? What if he used his Sharingan to cast a genjutsu on the Rinnegan eyes? Kind of a reverse technique? Sort of like what he did with Kyuubi... And he would just need to become Juubi's Jinchuuriki to amass that bulk of spiritual power.

Madara never said he would be casting an illusion on Juubi's eye. He said he would be making himself its jinchuuriki to use its powers to enhance the strength of his own eyes. I think he plans to use Nagato's Rinnegan eyes somehow to aid his own eyes in casting the actual illusion.

12. UltimateDeadpool Steam Danger Tyrant

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I assume it's too elaborate.

13. MovingFlash415 Chillen' in Haku's mirror

Sorry, I added this in a second ago to my other post:

Madara never said he would be casting an illusion on Juubi's eye. He said he would be making himself its jinchuuriki to use its powers to enhance the strength of his own eyes. I think he plans to use Nagato's Rinnegan eyes somehow to aid his own eyes in casting the actual illusion.

14. aiyanah finesse

It depends on when RS's sons were born. If it was after he sealed Juubi then it is plausible that the older son inherited the Juubi's hatred.

15. IpHr0z3nI Active Member

But we see the Jubi again, this time minus Rikudo Sannin, and it still has the same eyes.

16. Chibason Sofa King Fresh

I dont think the 'Sharrinegan' we see on the Juubi is the result of any genjutsu. That was his eye. Rikudo sealed the beast and gained retarded power levels along with the doujutsu. He then had sons who were blessed with an equal portion of those powers.

I believe the tomoe represent the evil & malice Juubi held and when Rikudo became a Jinchuuriki the tomoe became suppressed due to Rikudo's good nature. The older son was, in a sense, cursed by the evil held deep within the the magic eyes and would later submit to that power and awaken the tomoe.

17. Sniffers Ninja dogs ftw!

The theory has become unlikely at this point. Though to be honest I never thought it was likely. Such a flashback picture wouldn't show such a momentary thing.

18. auem always a wind behind your back

very much popular theory,many times stated previously...
    even after this chapter it is very much possible that jubi's eye was the original sharingan..
    we just see jubi sitting here,it could be rikodu looking at him/he is sealed inside rikodu already.....the image prove nothing..

19. Nic .

It's really hard to know at this point although we do know that Rikudou had the shin'nregan himself and I'm willing to bet that was a product of becoming the juubi's jin. One thing that seems clear though is that he had the rin'negan before becoming the juubi's jin.

20. MinatoEMS Super Sayian Jinchuuriki

thats the same picture we first saw of the juubi when RS was standing in front of him, all they did was minus out RS. that doesn't mean that the juubi had both those eyes without RS there.

And for sake of argument, say the juubi did have those eyes, that would mean the only way for the juubi to have the rinnegan with his eyes is if the juubi was originally created by RS himself too, or the juubi used to be human before morphing some how. otherwise theres no explanation that i can think of

21. sinjin long THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

why does everyone keep assuming that juubi's eye is some rinnegan/sharingan fusion???

b/c of the rings??

what does sharingan look like- a pupil with a single thin detached iris holding 3 tomoe.

so add two more individual thin separate irisis each holding their own 3 tomoe and what do you have?

triple sharingan-or EXACTLY WHAT JUUBI'S EYE LOOKS LIKE!!!!

RS HAS NEVER BEEN SHOWN W/TOMOES,UNTIL HE IS ,STOP ASSUMING HE OR JUUBI HAVE SOME FUSION EYE!

nagato is the so-called third sage does he have tomoe?no on ly the rinnegan

madara is the so called 2nd sage does he have rinnegan? no cause he WAS BORN AN UCHIHA already posseing the sharingan, IF HE IS THE 2ND SAGE why doesn he have he fusion eye

22. MinatoEMS Super Sayian Jinchuuriki

he calls himself a sage cause he has both dna of the brothers as well as poession of the sharigang and rinnegan

23. sinjin long THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

not exactly,he has sharingan(uchiha,elder bro bloodline)and apperntly somethng of senju(KG?,"body power"?,younger bro bloodline)

aas of yet the only way he "possess" rinnegan is if he's holding nagato's eyes in his hand.

and i thought his goal was to realize the true/full power of SHARINGAN. so does that mean that the ultimate form of sharingan is rinnegan?

cause if so thst should finally prove rinnegan>sharingan,MS,EMS debate

24. k2grey Member

I'd like to point out that the Sage has not been depicted with the Sharinnegan. Rather, he's been depicted with a Rinnegan that has SIX tomoes on it (not 9). He is missing the third circle with 3 tomoes on it in the shot that has him holding one flame in each hand and the panel below that with a humongous symbol on it only has 6 tomoes.

Juubi - Sharingan with 3 tomoes
    +
    Rikudou Sennin - Rinnegan + yin-yang symbol (Byakugan?) + 6 tomoes
    =
    Sharinnegan?

DISCUSS.

25. Shadow050 me wo samaseru...

when doujutsu based genjutsu is used on a animal or beast, the doujutsu is shown in the eye of the victim, apparently.

when madara claimed he'd do the eternal tsukuyomi, we saw that smae patterned reflected on the moon.

maybe that pattered was in the juubi's eye because it was being genjutsued by rikudo.

additionally, maybe this chapter seems to imply that each rikudo can possess different powers (yeah, doesn't make sense to me either, but just play along)

madara clams to tbe 2nd rikudo yet clealry doesn't seem to have the same powers of the inital rikudo. and nagato's powers seem different from madara's as well.

maybe the inital rikudo had a cracked out rinnegan with all the powers of the rinnegan, the sharingan and the byakugan in one.

26. k2grey Member

IMO Rinnegan is the dojutsu of the Sage of the Six Paths while Sharingan is the dojutsu of the Juubi. Although Rikudou Sennin was able to split up the Juubi's chakra and blast its body into orbit some of the Juubi's power, which had passed into the Sage, was also passed down to his inheritors, the Uchiha clan. Experiences like emotional trauma, killing one's close friends, taking the eyes of one's own brother bring you closer to the negative emotions and hatred that make up the existence of the Juubi and bring out the power of the Sharingan. But at the same time, as you come closer and closer to true darkness so do your eyes until one day the light is completely gone.

Unless of course, you get the EMS but what is the price that is paid for drawing out so much of the Juubi's power?... if its chakra is in the bijuu and its body is in the moon then where is it's soul? That's right, Madara is the Juubi and the reason why the darkness never came again was because he WAS the darkness. Now he's looking to become complete... over decades he manipulated events to create the Rinnegan as it was the only thing that could unseal what it had sealed in the past: his body, Gedo Mazo. He took over Akatsuki to gather his chakra, the tailed beasts back into one source, his body. And when that task is complete, so will the Juubi and he will use Rikudou Sennin's own creation, the moon to project his power over the entire world.

How else does Madara know so much about Rikudou Sennin? If there was really a tablet in Konoha that could be read with the Sharingan, don't you think some of this knowledge would be public? Instead no one even knows whether the Rikudou Sennin existed or not. But Madara, being the Juubi which had resided in the Sage for so long, knows all about everything that happened in the greatest detail. Including what happened with the Sage's final moments. If he was really on his deathbed and was choosing successors to his will and making the moon and splitting the Juubi with Yin Yang Release do you think he really had the time to go write all about it on a tablet and then have it buried somewhere below a village which didn't even exist yet?

27. Shadow050 me wo samaseru...

why would the tailed beast be sooo susepctable to a doujutsu that their true culmination possesses?

why would none of the beast display ANY eye powers what so ever if the sharingan wasa doujutsu of the juubi?

to me, these issues make that theory farfetched at best...

28. sinjin long THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

don't be so eager to dismiss his theory,it seems very well thought out,and although it may not be what happens it is very insightful.

and the 1st paragraph is very much the most likely to the truth example i have heard in quite a while.

and the very reasons you cite for dismissing it very well be the explanation as to why they are so susceptible to it.

as in the sharingan is the representation of the power of the complete juubi,if it was in fact passed to the lineage of the elder son(uchiha) it makes sense that the individual lesser pieces of the whole would be susceptible to its power

and as to none of the bijuu not having any eye powers if for whatever reason that juubis eye was transferred to RS and by proxy his son,then it makes sense that none of the pieces had it,none of the descendants have the level of chakra that any bijuu possess right?

and both of these points support each other very nicely,think of it as 10 peices of a whole the bijuu splitting the chakra and in kyuubi's case the personality,hate,malice whathave you of the juubi and the sharingan is the 10th piece that eventually becomes manifested/represented in the uchiha clan.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  29. MovingFlash415 Chillen' in Haku's mirror

This one too. :)

The Juubi was split in parts in every since of the word, in my opinion. Just splitting its body from its chakra and then dividing up the chakras into 9 pieces ...it does not seem a process so neatly done. That the beasts differ in how powerful their chakras are seems evidence of that. I kinda doubt the Kyuubi took on ALL of the Juubi's malice. And it's too much of a clue that an Uchiha (be it Madara or Sasuke) can have malice that contends with that of Kyuubi. And that it overpowers Kyuubi's. Seems like two pieces of a puzzle meant to fit together. Coupled with the existence of the tomoe in Juubi's eye, it seems like it couldn't be a coincidence. :)

If that were the case, then it seems to me that it could even be the foreshadowing of a failure in Madara's plan. His malice is very powerful, even if he were trying to harvest some of Hashirama's powers. Instead of being able to overcome Juubi's malice, his might synchronize with it when he tries to make himself its jinchuuriki. In which case, Madara himself might transform into the beast and be unable to bring himself back. Then they wouldn't be fighting with an in-control Madara, but rather with an enraged bijuu.

Hmmm ...now if they're trying to imply that Naruto is going to become Juubi's jinchuuriki eventually, after he loses the Kyuubi, and then truly become the Messiah Rikudou Sennin's successor, then... :notrust

I didn't read the manga for Naruto to become someone else's reflection. I read it to watch him become his own person, a Hokage unlike any other.

30. Buwafi Sleeping with the opposite sex

I'm going to have to disagree, the Juubi is all about chakra, no Dojutsu.
    You're implying that now Naruto's descendants will have whiskers as a new bloodline limit thanks to the Kyuubi.
    In the case of Naruto he received features of the Kyuubi probably due to the 9 months he spent in the hosts womb. That is a long enough time for the Kyuubi's chakra to have an influence in his features. But I'm not about to believe that Rikudou's sperm got Juubified and that resulted in one of the most powerful/feared/revered bloodline limits.

The Rikudou Sennin had both the Rinnegan and the Sharingan as one Dojutsu. His eldest son inherited his eyes, his chakra and his spiritual energy. The Rinnegan half of the Dojutsu seems to have been a very rare occurrence but I believe that only those descendant of the eldest son, the Uchiha's and those distantly related, could possess the Rinnegan half.