1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice

Kabuto at Kakashi's level?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Hamaru, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Hamaru Semi-Active

I hear it all the time but do you really think its true? I mean when they meet up it seemed to me like kakashi owned him:p I know that Kabuto is strong thogh he did show that many times and Oro would not depend on him so much otherwise. However Naruto almost killed him B4 the timeskip with raseangun(spelling?) Yet kakahi was able to step in between Naruto and Saske, stop both of there moves and toss them aside with no problem:huh

Tags:
  2. John Connor Lightning Tiger

Oro underestimates Kakashis ability to use the Sharingan. Kakashi accomplished something we all thought was impossible.

Mangekyou Sharingan was hyped to be the pinicle of badassery and was stated by Itachi to be something that only someone with the Uchiha blood could obtain. sorry Itachi but guess what kakashi has been using the Sharingan longer than you so get over yourself

3. uchiha_C Half-Mortal

i think they were pretty equal. they never fought so you cant be definate but they were relatively equal. i think Kakashi is stronger now with MS.

kabuto's speciality is healing though so he is good in other areas.

4. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

MAYBE pre timeskip. But now, Kakashi's way ahead of him. Unless Kabuto has another jutsu involving reviving corpses, this time making an army of them.

5. KuwabaraTheMan Eternal Love

Kabuto is sway above Kakashi's level. Kakashi even admitted it when they fought, "My current state isn't enough".

And post-timeskip, the gap should be even greater. Kabuto is quite a few years younger then Kakashi, so he's progressing even faster, while Kakashi is rapidly closing in on the point where he'll peak out and start declining.

6. The Truth Active Member

Yes Kabuto is on Kakashi's level until stated otherwise, it doesn't matter if Kakashi has an MS. IMO Kakashi had stronger jutsus preskip but that didn't stop both Oro and Jiraiya from commenting on their equility. Also Kabuto is a bit younger he probably has new jutsus too.

7. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

"progressing evenfaster"? WTF is this bullshit?

Kakashi's the genius, he got the MS, which was supposed to be Uchiha only. Name one good jutsu Kabuto's made. Kakashi outclasses him. Not the other way around.

8. Code Zoamelgustar

Wasn't Kakashi the one left in awe?

Maybe they were even pre-timeskip, but now Kabuto surpassed him.

9. khaos Member

so let me get this right.. kabuto was supposed to be even with kakashi pre timeskip, and now kakashi got MS, kabuto is stronger than kakashi?

10. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

Kabutards never make sense.

11. Code Zoamelgustar

Yeah, that's basically the gist of it.

Well seriously, it's reasonable to assume that Kabuto didn't improve at all over the years. He did reach that level after only 19 years And he himself mentioned about not "needing anymore nagging from Orochimaru so he better get back to work", I'm sure that his overall strength is another asset very important to Orochimaru, so chances are he would continue to get stronger. Especially since Sasuke is also with him getting stronger.

12. The Truth Active Member

You shouldn't underestimate Kabuto, in his only fight he'll looked pretty impressive to me. And sorry but Kakashi's MS is not reason enough to rank him higher then Kabuto. Not when preskip they were equals. Plus saying Kakashi surpassed Kabuto makes no sense, he 7 years older. Meaning that Kabuto hasn't even reached his prime yet.

13. KuwabaraTheMan Eternal Love

Who do you expect to progress faster? A 26 year old or a 19 year old?

Anyone who follows sports knows that you expect the 19 year old to be the one progressing more.

Let's face it, Kakashi is approaching his peak. Kabuto is still on the uprise.

14. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

Kabuto isn't on Kakashi's level anymore. Get it through your hard skulls. He can't even compete with Yamato. How do you think he'd face up to Kakashi?

15. KuwabaraTheMan Eternal Love

Where the hell did you get the rediculous idea that Kabuto can't compete with Yamato. He just sat around there, he didn't care about fighting.

Remember, Kabuto effortlessly broke out of Yamato's control and showed up at the scene of the fight.

16. khaos Member

unless he managed to improve as much as kakashi, in other words, get something as powerful as MS, kabuto loses this..

and kakashi is nowhere near his peak

17. The Truth Active Member

Prove it, if you can't you shouldn't be so definitive in your statements. You may end up looking foolish..
    The MS is a long range jutsu, nothing more. It is but an addition to Kakashi's arsenal, it isn't like it puts Kakashi on a whole new level. And Kakashi is about 30 he is very near his peak, if he hasn't already hit it.

18. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

He broke out of Yamato's wood clone. We don't really know very much about it, but it's probably a weakened version of the real self. So it was probably easier than if the real Yamato was the one binding him.

Of course, this point might be wrong, but it's probably true.

19. mustang BOOM

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So Kabuto was on par with kakashi pre-skip, not too sure about post-skip since we have only seen him get owned by KN3 and getting captured by Sai.
    By the way don't listen to Hinata Fan, if I remember right he believe that Kabuto>Orochimaru or something like that:nod

20. Hamaru Semi-Active

I think some people missunderstaind. He was not in "awe" becouse Kabuto was soooooo strong, it was the fact that someone that strong was working for Oro that surprissed him.

21. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

Holy shit, Kabuto>Oro? HAHA, that's rich.

22. Production hi

No, just no.
    My posts need to be longer. :(

23. xenosoft Member

Kakashi himself stated he hasn't reached his prime.

Also, I only posted here because i wanted to say....Long range? lets be more specific here.

"TELEPORT YOU TO ANOTHER DIMENSION" range ok?

24. Hamaru Semi-Active

^ lol good one

25. The Truth Active Member

Then he's pretty close to it. Kabuto on the other hand was his equal when he was a teenager.
    Great now all Kakashi has to do is convince Kabuto to stand still for about 10 minutes, then HE CAN BE TELEPORTED TO ANOTHER DIMENSION!!!!!.

26. xenosoft Member

like Dederia did? oh wait he was flying =3

I'm just saying, its not long range...its PWNED YOU range.

Plus, all you have to do (since Kabuto is a villian) is catch him monologing, and bam, "WTF, oh noes I'm in the another dimension!? is that king yama!?"

27. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

Kakashi was a Jounin at 13/14. If he had not been lazy, Kabuto would have not been his equal. But it's useless to argue about what characters could have done and what happened.

More like a few seconds. And if Kabuto starts talking about his shit again, it wouldn't be hard. And he has His Fanged Pursuit too.

28. The Truth Active Member

Diedara was hovering close to the ground, with his back turned and flying away. And Kakashi still managed to miss his intended target. How exactly is that PWNED YOU range? How can that be when Kakashi was the one that passed out?
    I'm glad you realize that, rendering your first sentence meaningless.
    Why would Kakashi use that and then use MS, why not just stab him with a kunai. And Kakashi was charging up his MS for a while and even admits he doesn't have full control of it.

29. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

Not really. You argue Kabuto is progressing faster, being around Kakashi's level at age 19. But Kakashi was Jounin level at 13/14, along with a one hit kill jutsu. Much more impressive, IMO.

I dunno, why did Oro waste time using Edo Tensei? It sure didn't help him in that fight, and made it finish quicker. :notrust

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  30. cygnus Ta Det Lungt

They are at the same level. Just the same way all Jounins are at "the same level" and all Kages are at "the same level".

Roughly the same, Kakashi can still own him though. It just means that Kabuto is (/was) elite jounin level-ish.