1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Kabuto's Purpose With Orochimaru [Manga Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Code, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Code Zoamelgustar

After reading this here

I think it's more likely that Kabuto has ties with Akatsuki, and even possibly demons.

Has the translation indicates, Sasori and Deidara sent someone to Orochimaru's place. Hero Book further confirms that. I believe that person is Kabuto. While he could be just like Yuura, I believe there's more to it.

Kabuto failed the Chuunin exam 6 times. Assuming Chuunin exams were always held twice a year. That's 3 years. Add the 1 year gap between Akatsuki's meeting shown in chapter 238 and you get 4 years. Orochimaru left the orginization 7 years before that. If Kabuto were to have begun working for Orochimaru at that time then there's a 3 year gap between Orochimaru leaving the orginization and Kabuto being sent to him.

Now I think there's many different ways where this can go.

If he had been working for Orochimaru for 7 years. Then he may have been tied to his departure or rather sent by Akatsuki afterwards to keep tabs on Orochimaru. These pictures indicate something hidden within. Possibly a bloodline or possibly a demon. If Orochimaru was aware of this thing 'hidden' then Akatsuki can ensure Orochimaru won't kill him as he is too useful. Therefore ensuring constant spying of Orochimaru without much worry.

These pictures show him start to awaken someone and a later comment indicates that he did no want this thing awoken. A transformation or some doujutsu ability. Anime animated it as bloodshot eyes which cleary isn't hat i shown as his eye colors invert and a ring appears. (Side note: He stopped it before 3 rings appears in his eyes, making it mirror the Akatsuki leader?) The rain ninja also stopped during a fight that decided his chuunin fate to look at Kabuto's eyes and i'm sure it wasn't like "God damn! Bloodshot eyes! That's even rarer than a sharingan! Wow! I don't care if I don't become a chuunin! I got to see this!" Sasuke is further suspicious of him, if not the eyes, did he see something else with the sharingan?

Now if Kabuto started working at the time he started taken the chuunin exams. That is a 3 year gap between Orochimaru's departure and when Akatsuki sent him.

3 years is the time it takes for Orochimaru before he can switch bodies. Why i Kabuto so keen on Orochimaru taking his body? Even enough to attempt to kill Sasuke, did he 'poison' Kimimaro also? Was it one of Sasori's poisin, so deadly not even a sannin can cure? Orochimaru said a person's will remains when he transfers body, he cannot promise the ninja whose body he took and ignore it after a body switch(Or so he says). Kabuto's will can be so great to overwhelm Orochimaru and have his body. Therefore Akatsuki retaining a member, keeping spread of information and having many kinjutsu to its arsenal. If it's not will, Akatsuki may have a jutsu for Kabuto to overtake his body.

If he's in fact a demon. There's another possibilty. All of the above is not true. But instead, Akatsuki has sent someone else to Orochimaru's palace. A servant of Sasori (already confirmed that Akatsuki sent someone to Orochimaru's place so no debating about that as a lot of my posts/threads tend to be argued and disagreed upon, so pointing that out).

So Akatsuki has sent someone to Orochimaru's place that is not Kabuto. Their purpose? For Akatsuki to obtain Kabuto, a jinchikuuri(maybe spelled wrong...meh). Orochimaru does not have to know about Kabuto's "inner demon" for this to be true. There is also the fact that if Orochimaru left without attaining his jinchikuuri, someone has to pick up the slack and obtain two. It could very well be Sasori. Though he is going after Naruto now so he could very well have been assigned his own and anyone other.

There is also Akatsuki waiting 3 years to attain Naruto and to start making their move as Jiraiya said. There was a 3 year gap between Kabuto taken the Chuunin exam and gaining abiilty to spy on other country's ninjas for and Orochimaru leaving the orginization. Is there something that happens with demons over 3 years? Also note that 7 years ago, Kabuto was the same age as Naruto and Gaara. They waited 3 years before snatching these two.
    So we know Akatsuki has someone at Orochimaru's place(hopefully not saying this only for the translation to mean something different...), is Akatsuki's spy Kabuto? Or is he a target of Akatsuki?

EDIT: Added another paragraph relating Kabuto's age with Naruto/Gaara's before 3 year gap.

Tags:
  2. shadowrage ANBU Naruto

Great stuff man :eek: definately deserves a rep. At this point im really convinced he has ties with akatsuki as well.

3. Dyroness x

Nice, nice theory. ^_^
    It really puts a connection between Kabuto and Akatsuki. I now believe the chances are much higher.

The most intriguing thing I see is Sasuke's insight in the Chuunin exams. Special doujutsu can see the chakra in more depth, see Neji vs. Naruto fight. Sharingan sees the chakra movement "better" - maybe Sasuke saw a glimpse of a Bijuu chakra during the "bloodshot eyes" scene?
    Same thing for Kabuto's special regeneration. Jinchuuriki are known to regenerate fast because of the Bijuu's influence - added to his medical abilities, no wonder Kabuto is really strong.

However, I'm leaning more to the "Kabuto = Akatsuki spy" theory, since his behavior is something to be noticed. The most intriguing scene is when he attempts to kill Sasuke. Perhaps he knew Sasuke was going to Orochimaru already, and since Akatuski doesn't want him with the Sharingan, Kabuto wanted to end it there...?

Overall one of the most exciting speculations to talk about! >_o

4. Code Zoamelgustar

About Sasuke seeing something with his sharingan. There's this moment.

It's possible some suspicious of Kabuto may have come from there. Though I don't think it's hi "Awwww" as he said he was out of chakra and there was the curse thing. But who knows, it's a possiblity thouh a small one that the surprise was from Kabuto. Anyways, Sasuke has also shown to have 'keen' eyes with the sharingan off, like duing the Haku fight.

5. Ginnylin Uchiha Yujia

great theory. I think a lot of ppl have been quite suspicious about the origins of Kabuto for a while. I think he would probably have a similar history to Kimimaro...
    Also very likely is the Yuuya scenario with the Shouten no jutsu...cant wait to find out more! =)

6. Haru_chan revived from the dead

makes sense but not many people want to spend the time to read it all

7. 12456 Member

As I said on IRC:

<Voyevoda> Definetly a sound theory you got there. I actually think those pictures point more to him having a demon/being a Jinchuuriki since, as you said, the later comments in that picture indicates that he almost let something lose that he didn't want to (and as far as I know, no bloodline limit works like that, wouldn't it come with a level of control?). Also, it ties in well with him being found alone on a battle field and all.

It works well with the age aspect too. Well thought through!

8. GSurge Brilliant Punk

Yes! This proves that Kabuto is the akatsuki leader! Good job, Code!

9. Tenbin In the wake of destruction

Very nice theory Code I see no flaws except from the all too complicated plot...

actually Neji could see the kyuubi within naruto aswell (atleast in the anime) (to Dyroness).

10. Shadow of the Lotus New Member

*applause* Seems like you put quite the effort into the theory. Kabuto has to be one of the most complicated and confusing characters out there. That's why he's one of my favorites ^^. I had thought Kabuto was part of Akatsuki before even joining this forum because well, it seemed likely. After reading all that, I'm leaning more towards the Jinchuuriki theory. What I'm curious about is what Jinchuuriki he would have. I'm not familiar with any Japanese Lore, but atributes of the Jinchuuriki do appear in the bearer physically. Considering Kabuto's physical attributes... perhaps a... huh... this is hard. For some reason I'm thinking a bird, lol.

11. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Quite possibly the best theory I have thread to this day (along side Dyro's theories). I lost in regards to him either being a spy or having an inner demon, both possibilites can be very true as you so carefully pointed out.

In any case, Kabuto is one of the best kept secrets by Kishi, and I look forward to see how his role is revealed in the story.

Great theory. :thumbs

12. Wrath Mourning

While there is more to the Kabuto story than we yet know, I really don't think he's either an Akatsuki spy or a Jinchuuriki. He is the most likely candidate thus far to be a secret Jinchuuriki, but I really don't think it's the case.

I'm fairly sure personally that Kabuto has been working for Orochimaru for a looong time. He was found as a child the only survivor of a battle in which both sides were wiped out mysteriously and adopted by a Leaf medic-nin. He then manages to grow up and steal the techniques of his adoptive father and become as strong as Kakashi without anyone noticing and somehow also starts working for Orochimaru and becomes his second in command.

That implies to me that actually he's been a spy all along and that it was Orochimaru who killed everyone at the battle in order to give Kabuto a believable entry into Konoha.

The old blood thing I've always interpreted as simply him finding it hard to maintain his facade and that he let his true killing intent loose for a moment.

But anyway, good and well done theory. You deserve rep for it.

13. Final Ultima Branding Breach

Agreed. I've always felt that people overanalyse that scene way too much.

14. Code Zoamelgustar

Well I don't think that Kabuto was Orochimaru's spy since he was a child. Due to their relationship and somehwat untrusting manner.

Orochimaru didn't tell Kabuto about his whole plan for destroying Konoha and about the Sound 3(the latter was more trivial).

"I haven't gained your absolute trust yet..."

Orochimaru is very impressed by Kabuto's cleverness in thought... if he's used to being around him I doubt it'd come as much of a surpass. (Doesn't really prove my point much I guess...)

More of a somewhat lack of trust.

About the being found on the battlefield. Chiyo said that the purpose of the demon containers is war... Kabuto somehow unleashed his inner demon and wiped out both sides? Maybe that's why he's why he's hestitant to release his 'inner demon'(I'm not saying he has one as I think it's as likely as him being an Akatsuki spy) because he can't control it.

We know that Kabuto has been most likely working for Orochimaru 4 years before the timeskip, about the time he started failing the Chuunin exams. That's also around the time the Uchihas were massacred... Another timely coincidence... Kabuto was tested by wiping out both sides of the battlefield as Itachi was tested by wiping out the Uchih aclan? More on the Akatsuki spy than demon side.

With that I think it's just more less clear. There are lots of signs pointing him to be a spy of Akatsuki, others to a demon container, possibly used in war.

15. simple_be Rise Darth Deidara!

a really good theory :thumbs

well the eye thing is weird...could be of having a bjiuu or a bloodline limit or just because of having the curse seal(but this of the cs i doubt he have it since there's no mention of it in part 1)

it's possible of him being a akatsuki spy...perhaps he is a candidate for be a member of them in the future..

for me the thing that is more weird is the fact of kabuto almost all the time talks to oro as a equal...and orochimaru never get's pissed...kabuto said many times things to orochimaru that if it was a normal member would get killed...the only time i remember oro scolded kabuto was after the oro's fight against sandaime when kabuto said something like this "you did well you defeated sandaime that was praised to be the strongest hokage ever" and then oro said.."stop saying words to comfort me.. or i will kill you" that was the only time...

anyways..kabuto could be just using orochimaru for getting his goal or something..

i was reading that part again... oro says"if you want to stop me.."and then..

"you have to kill sasuke-kun"

like...if kabuto was a spy for the akatsuki,oro with that comment already knew that,if i'm not mistaking akatsuki in the end of part 1 didn't want that orochimaru get it the "sharingan" aka sasuke...

in this image kabuto says that thing about sasuke having a demon...i don't know if he's talking about the curse seal thing but the point is that kabuto didn't finish his phrase and then he makes that look of being concerned about something...maybe about oro's getting the sharingan..

this is weird...kabuto sometimes appears to be a spy for someone like the akatsuki but then it appears to be a spy for a good guy...like jiraiya or something...

16. Wrath Mourning

The "demon" Kabuto talks about in that page is 100% metaphor for Sasuke's obsession with killing Itachi. Orochimaru used that against him to give him the curse seal which will eventually make him into a slave/Orochimaru's host, that's what Kabuto is talking about.

Personally my crazy Kabuto theory is that he is Jiraiya's son and that Orochimaru raised him as some sort of twisted way of acknowledging Jiraiya's strength and their former friendship. Very crazy I know, but I like it.

17. TEK Akatsuki

I've felt for a long time that Kabuto was a member of Akatsuki and would betray Orochimaru. I still feel he's gonna betray Orochimaru, however, I don't know if he's a member of Akatsuki. He could just be someone working for them but I think it'd be much cooler if he was an actual member of Akatsuki.

18. simple_be Rise Darth Deidara!

yeah...that must be it...in that pag that wasn't well explain in my view..

that would be fun,seeing jiraiya saying to naruto"naruto...i'm kabuto's father and oro is the mother...i mean stepfather"

19. windTrancer Cereal Killer!

i think you're looking too deeply into this. anyways...sasuke was most likely reacting painfully to his loss of chakra and the curse seal instead of anything strange coming from kabuto.

when you love something very much, you become obsessed with it. the more obsessed with it you become, the more bizarre things you see possible. and once you make such theoretical claims, even if you later realize the blatant error or shortcomings in them, it is hard to see yourself as incorrect, and even harder to publically admit your faults.

nothing personal, but reading through all these theory threads i've come through many posts where users seem to look underneath ever insignificant rock in the naruto world and crap out bizarre theories from overanalysis in the wrong direction. what i'm saying is pointless in that it will be ignored and forgotten, but i felt like 'letting out a little steam.'

20. windTrancer Cereal Killer!

most likely kabuto isn't a former member of akatsuki because otherwise akatsuki would have mentioned him like how they said in the cave that they were going to take care of oro sooner or later for leaving.

21. Jiraiya_sama Banned

3 yrs happened between naruto's first chuunin exam and the one which is about to start in the manga, so you're pretty much wrong
    it's more likely they're held every year (if not every 6 monthes)

and kabuto isn't with akatsuki
    proof is he DID intend to kill naruto during the sannin battle
    if not for that immense effort of the n?1 medic nin tsunade, naruto was a goner

Kabuto is using Orochimaru, that's a fact
    but he's only working for his own ideals (yet to be revealed)
    he's way too smart to be anyone's bitch

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  22. Edgecrusher Nigu's buffer of butter

That's a good point windTrancer. And what you said about theories; Kabuto's about as mysterious as Shino, soo, it's really hard to say anything about him at this point.

I've also got one against him being a jinchuuriki, though it is a mere quote. After the fight with Naruto, Sasuke looked at him furiously, and Kabuto said "What is this power?" If he had a youma, I doubt he'd be shaking in his boots. It's still just a quote, though.

23. Code Zoamelgustar

Instead of former... current... Though he could just be a spy or a target. Someone close to Orochimaru is tied with Akatsuki. That was made clear.

Also it was stated that it's held every 2 years... I'm just wondering if it was before Naruto's time.

I said that the Sasuke thing isn't likely the case for his screaming. And it's a bit of a stretch. But he has been shown to have good vision without the sharingan on.

24. zounds-_ The real nine tails.

If he was a akatsuki spy.,

Why would he be so concerned about Orochimaru finding a new body? And why did he offer himself to be the host for Orochimaru? Your theories doesn't make sense if you look back at his actions before.

25. bladegrant SHINOBI GOD

i think kabuto is a jinchuuriki.

26. Code Zoamelgustar

I covered those in my theory....

The offering himself was a big part of the theory also....

Akatsuki was also concered about the same thing for the 1st question...

27. Twizted Rest in the deep

I tend to think that Kabuto is a Jinchuuriki, which is still obviously speculation, mainly because of his red eye situation way back when. It would explain alot in the way of his amazing abilities, especially his healative powers....i.e. he can heal himself sort of like naruto, which could have helped him in his training as a medic nin. If he is a Jinchuuriki, and if he is the leader of Akatsuki, then this would explain alot in the ways of akatsukis motives. Theory: Akatsuki wishes to take the nine deamons and seal them into the nine members, thus making all of them Jinchuuriki, sort of following in the footsteps of their leader Kabuto who already has one of the deamons inside him. This would explain how he would be strong enought to be the leader even amongst shinobi like Itachi. If this were true that would mean that there are only 7 deamons left to aquire. Shukaku and which ever one Kabuto has would already be in the possession of Akatsuki.....

All of this rests on kabuto being a Jinchuuriki of course. Just one possibility of many.

28. cygnus Ta Det Lungt

I can feel a deep, deep plot twist in the works. There is either someone double serbian jew double bluff crossing everyone (Kabuto) or there are numerous spies etc. Jiraiya's network gives him info about Akatsuki and Orichimaru so it could be a single triple crosser there, or maybe Jiraiya is the double crosser. It could end up being a totally new character, or Zetsu or Kabuto or the Akatsuki leader. I can just tell there is going to be a major twist soon.

29. CJ32X Member

my pov and questions(mainly to the starter and dyro)

i know this might be a little late but you also see the lack of trust when orochi is dealing with the 5th and he interferes. for a brief second orochi stares at him in distrust but after he saved him it seemed like nothing had happened. after it escalated to the 3 sannin fight and naruto fought kabuto you see his bloodshot eyes also and orochi does nothing to help the person he "trust" so it may seem that kabuto, up to the chunnin exams, had little contact with orochimaru. possible orochi just achknowledged him at some point and gave him the job to look after sasuke. as to whether he is a Jinchuuriki it seems possible but as for the leader of akatsuke i highly doubt it. the white fang seemed more probable. and i also wanted to add, is there a possiblility with actual evidence that someone may think that the man whos body orochimaru took could be the spy or possibly a container of some sort to spy on orochimaru? (keep in mind some strong people would do anything to stay loyal. exp. kimmimaru) but kabuto does seem that he could be the spy since it seems that he has a loyal connection to gain with orochi that he could not gain within the 3 years he took the chunnin exam, and since it seems like other possible containers are under kabuto's supervision. i believe that if he is the spy it would make sense that he would stop kimimaru from being his container but kabuto himself. since he seemed at a point to push himself to be the next body. and does anyone think that orochimarui has ties with the 8th bijuu? that hes seeking it or something. since i have only a spectator pov although im a huge fan i didnt catch the mythology first glance or the small details in the actions of characters(exp. kabutos bloodshot eyes or his spewing chakra like naruto when sasuke saw them both fighting those clones in the chunnin exam), i was wondering if anyone could get back to me on any of this and tell me their povs.

30. poopyfish Fear the Fish

Very good theory. I too am very cerious as to what Kabutos perpous is in the series. All the other bad guys, and good for that matter have a set path they are on. But Kabuto is mixed in between both, and still has plenty of things hidden about himself.

I personaly think he will be the final end all bad guy of the series.