1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Kabuto's true motives

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Sai_What, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Sai_What

Yes, this has probably been discussed to death, but I think its appropriate to bring it up again, with all the discussion of "WHO IS THE ONE TRUE VILLIAN OF NARUTO?" I personally think Kabuto should be in the running...

I can never really figure out if he's really with oro or against him.
    1) He healed Hinata during the Chuunin exams (con oro)
    2) He considered/tried killing Sasuke when that was definiatly against Oro's plans. (con oro)
    3) He stopped Tsunade from harming Oro (pro oro)
    4) He forced Oro to transfer (pro or con oro...I think it pro...)
    5) He had that "secret" meeting w/ Sasori set up (but apparently Oro knew about it (...)
    discuss.

Tags:
  2. Genesis

You should've bumped one of the older threads. There's no need to make a whole new thread for this.

3. Sai_What

4. Genesis

Oh, yeah that is true. Anyways i think it's the AL. Kabuto seems to have an ulterior motive but i don't think it'll be enough to make him the true villain.

5. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

kabuto is one to make you think. I really don't know what his alterior motive is but it doesn't seem to be very pro Oro. when he forced Oro to transfer bodies he could have just wanted Oro to remain weaker for a little longer untill he decide the appropiate way to defeat him, no one knows. Something will show eventually though

6. Rashman

Have you guys forgotten that kabuto wanted orochimaru to use his own body? and dont forget that kabuto told orochimaru about the secret meeting. they both went to the bridge with the intention of killing sasori. he is a good servant of orochimaru... maybe he will change later on though but right now he is pro oro....

7. Fang

Not too mention that his secret agenda with Sasori was created out of the puppet master's spite of Orochimaru. Besides the medic-nin was under genjutsu, that's why he was working with and helping Sasori until Orochimaru dispelled it.

Kabuto may have ulterior motives and he could've stated the reason he wanted to kill Sasuke was because he feared being replaced by the Uchiha. However he didn't share the same inhabitions with Kimmimaro being the former body that Orochimaru was going to transfer to.

Me thinks Kabuto has a definite agenda then Orochimaru suspects and he's just playing his cards right for now. He won't be the final villian though.

8. Snakety69

Out of all the characters in Naruto, Kabuto is truly the only one that puzzles me. One minute he's a sick twisted fuck, the next he's not so bad.

9. Spanish Hoffkage

11. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

[One minute he's a sick twisted fuck, the next he's not so bad.[/QUOTE]

lol, so true

12. Sorrow-Tear's Champion

He's an oppotunist. Right now he's making the best out of being with Orochimaru(it has always bothered me that he didn't have a curse seal) but he does seem to have his own agenda. Or he could just be an evil medic and stays with Orochimaru cause he lets him do any experiment he can imagine.

13. Odlam

Basically - regardless of his agenda, he isn't strong enough to hang with the biggest and baddest. He may be stronger than he's letting on, but he's not going to be an Orochimaru or Itachi or AL.

I have no doubt Kabuto has his own ulterior motives for helping Orochimaru, and most likely Orochimaru knows or at least suspects Kabuto already of most of them - he isn't the trusting type.

But Orochimaru gets his uses out of Kabuto, so it's most likely more or less a partnership of sorts - Orochimaru is still obviously the superior of course, but they are using each other for the time being to achieve thier own ends.

14. Tyrannos

Indeed, Kabuto is a strange one. On one side, he is a remorseless killer. But on the other he has a decent side in healing Hinata and even offered to heal Sakura (in Part 2). And lets not forget that he has a strange interest in Naruto.

To me he is more of a manipulator whose loyality is always in question. Kabuto knows more than he is letting on. And we know he spied for both Orochimaru and Akatsuki. So I believe he could be working for himself or perhaps working for someone we have yet to introduced to as a Triple Agent. Who knows at this time if it good or evil.

15. PDQ

Lets be honest. We all know Kabuto is really Jiraiya's spy. Thats why he didnt fight Jiraiya, thats why he said he couldnt kill Tsunade. That's why Jiraiya knows how powerful is. That's how Jiraiya knows so many intimate details about Orochimaru(that he transferred his body, how long he has to wait, etc.)

16. Hagen

Kimimaro's illness was so sudden. I think Kabuto was the one who poisoned Kimi.

Destroying Oro's dream vessel. makes sense If he's planning to betray Oro in the future,

17. Jh1stgen

18. -GoW-

1 - By healing Hinata he did not interfere in Orochimaru's plans.

2 - He was jealous, seeing that later he offered his own body to Orochimaru.

4 - He offered his own body which was rejected by Orochimaru. The only way of keeping his master alive was a body transfer to his current vessel. It was a pro-Orochimaru act.

5 - He set the meeting when he was still under Sasori's influence. But when he began his connection to Orochimaru, he "fell prey of Orochimaru's magnifique way of thinking".

19. jmwij1

i think that kabuto is a bit fucked up, but a nice guy

But it can be seen that he hates Oro, and Oro knows it. When Oro says you can kill sasuke and stop me now, you can see that he is thinking about it, but then when he gets the oppurtunity he doesn't have the heart.

When he said he wanted to Oro to use him as the container, he knew that Oro wouldn't, but he wanted to give himself a little credibility as Oro's slave so he could continue his spy work.

He is like a confidence trickster of some kind. Like an undercover cop dealing drugs but just so he can find the head guy who is the supplying drugs. Or in this case the true motives of Oro's plans.

Only trouble is since Oro knows that Kabuto is this type of person, when kabuto finally unmasks his plan, it would have already been foiled.

On a side note you know what, i'd like to hear more of his back story and what happened to him in the past. I personally reckon it would be a bit screwed up something like wolverine from the X men but a lot darker.

20. Sai_What

I think this makes sense....It would clearly foil Oro, but wouldn't be too obvious.
    Kabuto has a very weird history/connection with Oro's containers, come to think of it...
    Offering himself, pressuring Oro to transfer, his work with Kimmimaro, almost killing Sasuke.
    I wonder if when it came time for Oro to transfer into Sasuke (if we ever get to that point), would Kabuto let him do it? He seems like he's always restricting Oro, like he's keeping him under control, so that he's not too powerful.

21. dummy plug

could be..but den to b d ultimate villain u hav to be strong...alas,many nins are stronger dan kabuto....lol

22. Sai_What

You don't have to be strong necissarily...in a fighting sense...but if your able to outwit your opponents to the degree where you beat them...then aren't you the ultimiate villian?

If Kabuto can manipulate Oro and Akatsuki into his own hands, then isn't he essentially better than them even if he can never beat them in a fair fight?
    It's all about the end result.

Not that I actually think Kabuto's that brilliant, and he's probably not the "final villian" but he certainl is a complex character who seems to get underestimated alot.

23. KuwabaraTheMan

Kabuto has shown himself to be on his own side.

Tsunade admits that Kabuto's medical skills surpass her own. So why did he claim he couldn't cure Orochimaru's arms? Unless Tsunade also couldn't, and was just leading Orochimaru on. Maybe he had another reason for wanting Orochimaru to seek out Tsunade.

He tried to kill Sasuke, and is the most likely reason for Kimimaro's illness. He also drove Kimimaro to his death(just to make sure he was out of the way, permanently).

People cite him offering his body to Orochimaru as a sign of his loyalty, but I see it otherwise. I think there is more to Kabuto then meets the eyes(eyes changing colors), and that a transfer would go horribly wrong and leave Kabuto in control.

Kabuto is most likely connected to Jiraiya, and his informant. This is pretty much common sense. Orochimaru currently has no one but Kabuto and Sasuke around, so that limits the options. I believe Kabuto is manipulating all 3 sides in this current struggle. Though for what purposes still remains to be seen.

The evidence all adds up to Kabuto being the manipulator lying in Shadows, waiting to make his move. The question is, what move is he trying to make? Orochimaru wants to learn all the jutsu in the world, Akatsuki want to gather the bijuu, what about Kabuto?

His goals are still a mystery.

24. Jape

I honestly believe that kabuto is a Jinichara. I have believed this for some time. I also believe that is the reason he is interested in Naruto. Prime example is during Naruto's fight with Neji, Kabuto seemed to be extremely interested in him. This is also apparent in the woods test of the chunin exam. I do remember one point when kabuto was point in a pinch fighting the water ninja i belive in the woods chunin exam, and it seemed as if he was going to unleash some hidden power, but Naruto charged in making him hold that techique back.

25. Turnip Girl

The more I think about Kabuto, the more I don't understand him. XD

I tend to leave it at 'He might be hiding something, but for now, he's happy enough being Orochi's boyfriend.' ^^

26. -GoW-

Kabuto prevented Tsunade from injuring Orochimaru and risked his life against Naruto and Tsunade to protect his master.

He tried to kill Sasuke either because he thought he wasn't good enough for Orochimaru or because he wanted to offer his own body.

You do not have any evidence that he drove Kimimaro to his death. But for the same reason as Sasuke, it may be a possibility.

Yes, there was more to Kabuto then met the eyes: He was a spy under Orochimaru's orders; Later we discover he was a genius medical ninja.

Why would Kabuto want to be in control of Orochimaru's body? He won't gain any bloodline limit or knowledge. And if he wanted to kill him, he would have done it when Orochimaru was weak and without use of his arms.

At best, Kabuto is playing Jiraiya the same way Orochimaru is manipulating Naruto against Akatsuki. Its in his master best interest.

Orochimaru's knows his true intentions and still he trusts him from "the bottom of his heart". The databook refers to that by saying "In the abyss, is there something that only the two are aware?"

27. shintebukuro

"This guy isn't any normal medical ninja. His sense and mastery of his jutsu (well it actually says his sense and sharpness of his jutsu... but I felt mastery would be better) would surpass me even in my prime."

Tsunade was referring to Kabuto's clever use of chakra scalpels in battle being better than hers in her prime.

28. KuwabaraTheMan

He wasn't risking his life, as his life was never in danger.

And my point was that he could have had some ulterior motive for all of that.

And there is still more then meets the eyes to him. The 2nd Databook, which was after all of that, still questions what's up with him. "His true ambitions may be in even greater darkness". The cover to Chapter 291, released earlier this very year, says "You don't know his innermost darkness".

To look at those pieces of evidence and then continue to insist that we know everything about Kabuto would be nothing short of really, really stupid.
    a) Orochimaru's jutsu works by melding souls, witih his remaining in control. As an Orochimaru fan, I'd have thought you'd know this. My proposal was that Kabuto dominate Orochimaru's soul, and gain his secret abilities. Given that Orochimaru can gain Bloodline limits, if someone could do the reverse to him, they should gain his secret abilities.

b) I've made it clear that I think he's trying to let all 3 sides duke it out for now. Killing Orochimaru would weaken Kabuto's current position, and force him to take more action then he desires. Kabuto doesn't like to get his hands dirty when he can help it.

Kabuto has made it clear that he has no 'master'. He's giving Jiraiya info on Orochimaru as well.

He wants all 3 sides to conflict. Hell, Kabuto was even the one who first said "Let's leave these guys alive so they can fight Akatsuki", if you recall.

Orochimaru might know Kabuto's intentions, he might not. We know Orochimaru knows something about Kabuto's past, but there's nothing to indicate that he's completely aware of Kabuto's 'true ambitions'.

And the Databook quote proves that the relationship between Kabuto and Orochimaru is not one of master and subordinate(as it says, "there exists no reason for Kabuto to follow Orochimaru"), but one of two people who are together for mutual convenience.

29. The Pink Ninja

He's doing it all for teh caek.

He wants to be more power. Sure he's strong but not enough for a one man rule. There are many stronger people.

30. -GoW-

His life was at danger. Do not be as delusional as Andoliveira. After he got hit by Naruto's rasengan he admitted to himself he was at his limit. He collapsed even after applying a medical technique to prevent full damage to his body.

He had no ulterior motive. At first, when Tsunade was about to harm Orochimaru, Kishimoto showed us flashbacks of Kabuto's previous conversation with Orochimaru about Sasuke and his strength. But, then it all fell apart when Kabuto "saved" Orochimaru who stated that he trusts him from the bottom of his heart. And Orochimaru is no fool.

Then, with Sasori, Kabuto said "All I fell prey of, was Orochimaru's Sama magnificent way of thinking".

For us, readers, his intentions may still be covered in darkness. But not for Orochimaru.

First, I doubt Kabuto's mind has more will than Orochimaru's to the point of him gaining control over the body.

Second, Orochimaru's body does not have any special ability like a bloodline limit, that Kabuto could control.

Third, it was no where stated that Orochimaru can acquire all jutsu knowledge of the host. Therefore, Kabuto wouldn't acquire Orochimaru's techniques.

All major evidence shows that Kabuto is being loyal and working for Orochimaru's best interests. Saying that he's using Orochimaru is merely an assumption based on nothing.

You're aiming to several different directions at once: Kabuto wants to control Orochimaru's body, Kabuto wants to kill Orochimaru, Kabuto is a jinchuuriki...

Everytime he follows and call Orochimaru by Sama, he's making it clear that he has a master.

Kabuto fell prey of Orochimaru's way of thinking. He follows him because he believes in his power, way of action and goals.

Further, there may have been some sort of deal between them, since that is Orochimaru's way of action. Perhaps Kabuto wants something that Orochimaru might be able to give him.