1. Alley-Chan contest
    Join us in the Alley's anthropomorphizing contest!
    Deadline for entries is on May 31th at 4pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragon Ball Banner Contest
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is June 24 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Kaguya had rinnegan before the Earth's chakra fruit

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Krillin, May 21, 2020.

1. Krillin

She had Rinnegan when the murals were carved.

If she got the rinnegan from the chakra fruit, wouldn't Isshiki have noticed her new forehead eye? I really doubt the dude would just ignore that.

I don't recall the original manga stating she got the Rinnegan from the chakra fruit, just the fourth databook and the Kaguya anime filler. The fourth databook is mostly ignored by the Boruto manga and the Kaguya filler is well.. filler. :oldshrug

That being said, I'm not saying pre-
    chakra fruit Kaguya nearly killed Isshiki. She could've eaten the fruit and then did the deed. That's debatable still, i guess. :psyduck

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  2. xingi

Yea, we're just gonna forget she can literally hide it by closing it up...:catpathy

We see momoshiki gain his third eye after eating kinshki as a Chakra fruit the same should happen to Kaguya. If she had the rinenngan pre Chakra fruit then she would have undergone some other obvious genetic mutation after eating a Chakra fruit that powerful but she doesn't.

3. Krillin

So, Isshiki ignored the obvious forehead slit?

That wasn't even a actual chakra fruit from a Shinju, that was something else like a "artificial" one or whatever. :thonk

4. Ultrafragor

In Amado's flashback of when they fought, she had Rinne Sharingan.

Ad opposed to the preceding chapters where the Otsutsuki were spoken of in-general and she was pictured without Rinne Sharingan (which may be changed or corrected in the volume release)

I think this is to indicate to us that she had RS when she mutilated Isshiki, but that Otsutsuki themselves only possess the blank eyes that the Hyuuga also have.

5. xingi

It is still a chakra fruit likely even weaker than the one from Earth. Again it lines up well with everything we know so far, why should Kaguya suddenly be any different?

6. Krillin

Even if the Kin fruit is as legit as the regular chakra fruits, that doesn't mean all chakra fruits will grant the Rinnegan. Lines up with what? That the kin fruit granted Momo a rinnegan?

Another reason why i think she had rinnegan pre chakra fruit because she used MT to capture humanity and extracted their chakra for the chakra fruit without killing them. If that isn't true then we'd have to come up with ridiculous explanations as to why humanity isn't extinct:meh.

7. xingi

No, that they undergo genetic change after consuming a Chakra fruit

8. Krillin

Oh right, she could've gotten ash bones from it at least.

9. Foxfoxal

Kaguya filler was confirmed filler long time ago. Kaguya was as weak as a human before the fruit in that filler, which was stupid when you think about it when she is a damn otsutsuki, let alone not Naruto and not Sasuke, Indra and Ashura mess.:meh

This was already confirmed with this, why would she have the rinnegan here when all four are assembled if she got it AFTER.

Amado said that he does not know if she attacked Isshiki because she wanted the fruit for herself, that argument makes no sense if she already ate the fruit before attacking him.

10. TheOmega

Who made the murals and holograms, when were they made and why were they made?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Kage Kage x 1
    • List
  11. t0xeus

It's just art bro.

12. TheOmega

Made by who? If it was made after she ate the fruit then why wouldn't she have her look from after she ate the fruit? :jackal

13. xingi

That is not exactly what he said, he said "I don't know if it was personal or if she wanted the chakra fruit to herself". Meaning it could have been anything heck Kaguya could have eaten the fruit and decided to attack isshiki because she had broken clan law. Again she would have undergone obvious genetic mutations other than the rinnegan if she already had it pre-chakra fruit

Lol no, I don't even know if that counts but I ment obvious change/upgrade similar to momoshiki

14. T-Bag

Ototsuki is a mess, because a different author took over and he had other ideas for the ototsuki. It's a giant fuckup.

But it's clear ishiki will merge with the shinju/mini 10 tails and get the rinneisharingan too. Idk why the hell they decided to repeat kaguya (the gayest villain ever) all over again, but then again thats the quality of boruto

15. Piccolo

Yeah best to toss the whole DB stuff and the anime backstory into the trash.

Wait for the real flashbacks from the manga to correct things accordingly.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Klue

Agreed. To hell with Rinnesharingan. Call her eye a Rinnegan and be done with it.

:bury

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Krillin

I mean, that should count as a genetic upgrade/change even if it's not obvious.
    Momoshiki's change from the kin fruit seems far more drastic on the surface, he has karma-like markings, different horns and a different rinnegan color plus a new rinnegan. Unless i missed the part where Kaguya had Karma-like markings or a new set of horns, can ya really apply one thing that's arguably different(O derived chakra fruit) to another(chakra fruit from shinju)?:catshrug
    It could also be that chakra fruits have different results, no obvious superficial changes(perhaps Kaguya's case) or obvious ones like Momo's case.

18. T-Bag

lol whats the eye called again in the db? rinnegan or rinneisharingan? i forgot if the term was fanmade or canon.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  19. redboy776

Pre kaguya or not
    chakra fruit or not
    That kaguya posess a Rinnegan wish mean she was at least as powerfull as Hagoromo if not stronger when she backstabed Isshiki.
    :hasee
    AMADO WAS VERY CLEAR, SHE TOOK ISSHIKI OF GARD
    :shanksthink
    Also, I think even though kaguya IS not that good as a character, Kodachi decided to make her be the one to take download Isshiki because she IS the one who posess the best fire power in the whole Narutoverse.
    :nahwegood
    Anyone else would have been a greater downplay for Isshiki (Hagoromo, Hamura, Asura, Indra, Hadhirama...).
    :gokuyeaboi
    In the end of the day, Isshiki will likely be portrayed as the most powerfull even without the fruit.
    :xellos
    Wait to see Kaguya start shaking in fear when she will hear that Isshiki IS alive and is ploting his Revival.

20. Krillin

Rinnesharingan and it's legit, i asked a translator about it a long time ago and they confirmed it's a actual name, not made up by fans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  21. Piccolo

Well now it is made up by a useless Databook. :distracted

22. Krillin

It was a legit name before being demoted to a mere Rinnegan. :gglife

23. Zef

Catdank Faction:

I don't know why people assume that these depictions of Kaguya couldn't have been made after she ate the fruit.
    :whutpepe

24. Piccolo

demoted @Klue :kanyelul

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Coolest Guy! Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  25. Soldierofficial

Why would they put her on the murals after she betrayed the clan? Its quite evident that the murals are from before Kaguya and Isshiki went to earth. :tiredpepe

26. Zef

Catdank Faction:

She could have betrayed the clan quite some time after eating the fruit though.

It would reconcile why there are depictions of her with Rinne Sharingan in other worlds.

The consensus in the fandom seems to be that she gained power then immediately became hostile to the other Otsutsuki and I'm not sure there's any basis for assuming that.

27. Andrew10458

Doesn’t the last chapter show her with out her 3rd eye

28. Soldierofficial

It was literally stated that she betrayed Isshiki to eat the chakra fruit alone, so that comes from the Boruto manga, its not headcanon, I find no reason why Momo and Kin would do the murals after Kaguya betrayed her clan and after Isshiki's "death", that clearly comes from before.

29. Zef

Catdank Faction:

No, Amado straight up says he doesn't know the motive.
    :ssmith

Which makes sense since he wasn't even there. :sag
    This is all second hand information from a source that was not even alive at the time.

Where do you get that they did them?
    :thunk

30. Andrew10458

Who said they were the ones to make the murals ?