1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Kaido’s First Mate and Orochi the Shogun

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by xenos5, Nov 8, 2018.

1. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Let’s assume Jack isn’t Kaido’s First Mate (which I really hope since Jack has been dehyped a lot). How would you expect Kaido’s actual First Mate to compare to Orochi in power?

They are both technically the righthand man to Kaido but in different ways.

Narratively speaking Orochi might have more narrative importance than Jack’s First Mate (unless Luffy has a long 1v1 with the First Mate that is portrayed as the main fight of the arc like he did with Katakuri).

But Jack’s First Mate was also likely picked to be First Mate solely for his strength (considering Kaido’s personality) while Kaido’s alliance with Orochi could be due to other factors like how intelligent Orochi is or how he can use Orochi to control Wano very well even when he’s not in Wano.

I expect both characters to have big fights as the arc goes on but it’s unlikely both of them will have big fights with the main character. So in the end I’m interested to see who fights Luffy and who instead fights a weaker member of Luffy’s crew. Or maybe even both fight weaker members of Luffy’s crew and they’re weaker than expected.

Tags:
  2. redrum

i still expect kaido's first mate to be undoubtedly the no. 2 of the entire organization, affiliates included but i also expect him to be one of the strongest first mates

orochi is prolly a bit below first mate level

pure speculation but it is what it is

3. Go D. Usopp Straw Hats Wanker

If the first mate is "King" and the shogun is essentially the King of Wano, it could be a possibility that the shogun Orochi is the first mate King.

If that's not the case I'd assume that Orochi is slightly more powerful. There is a gap between FM and Yonkou and thats where Orochi sits, this is also where admirals sit. So Orochi is around admiral level where as King is FM level imo.

4. Freechoice Freechoice

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Why does everyone assume Orochi is a really strong fighter ???

5. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

He executed Oden and Oden has massive hype going for him. Plus his position (evil shogun working with Kaido) gives him a ton of plot relevancy for the current arc making it likely he'll be a central figure in it.

6. Sarathsps Why even bother?

In my opinion it could be either orochi is a figure head or he is the king.

7. MO Well-Known Member

this. we have never seen a yonko ally that is as strong as the yonko commander let alone first mate. Plus I just dont see orochi being on that level if zoro fights. That will be to high imo. So I think he is around yonko 3rd/2nd level.

8. Furinji Saiga The One Shadow

Orochi's range can be anywhere from Spandam to being above the top YC of Kaido.

We need to see first his capaibility, my bet is though if Zoro does fight him, he will be the strongest after Kaido.

Assuming he is above the likes of Oden, Shutenmaru, Denjiro, Kawamatsu.

9. GrizzlyClaws Big Bad Grizzly

I never put much thought into this, but this thread made me come up with a possibility how Kaidos, Kings and Orochis relationship goes. It would be similar to Melkor, Gothmog and Sauron (LOTR).

Kaido = Melkor
    King = Gothmog
    Orochi = Sauron

Melkor is the boss, Gothmog his fist, Sauron his brain. Gothmog and Sauron also have a rivality going on.

It's also interesting that Orochi is named after a snake, and in some mythologies snakes (Orochi) are considered lesser dragons (Kaido), like Maiar (Sauron) are considered lesser Valar (Melkor).

10. Kamina. Ruler of the Tower

Kaido and the beast pirates are ruling by strength and submission, I seriously doubt he would leave a fodder in charge of the country. On top of that almost all mentions have been about defeating "Kaido & Orochi".

Oden should have been at minimum FM tier considering the hype hes getting from everyone including Shutenmaru who is 3rd YC+. Considering Orochi needed Kaido to ensure a clean takeover of Wano I would guess Oden ~ Orochi.

I don't think the Dragon > Snake thing works here considering he's named after a legendary 8 headed dragon.

11. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    After Orochi was revealed to be supersticious (prophecy thing), I am assuming he is going to be a Spandam type tbh.

It is pretty much the first info on him we got, and doesn't exactly sound badass.

12. Neo Arcadia puru puru

To be fair, that superstition is justified considering he's indeed going to get his ass kicked on the 20th year.

13. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

I personally wouldn't put any stoke in that espicially in a manga like one piece.

Big mom goes on food rampages.
    Kaidou tries to commit suicide and constantly drinks.

Whats wrong with Orochi being superstious/paranoid of vengeful ghosts.

Oda likea to give villains silly quirks, and wano is based on old school japan who are very superstious people. So a man getting up in his older years like orochi being like that is not weird to me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Amol Chief of Wisdom

I don't think Jack is First Mate of Kaido. I never thought that.
    I do think that Orochi would be roughly on same level off that FM of Kaido, whoever that is.

15. Cursemark Well-Known Member

Orochi is the secondary antagonist of this arc, the person at the top of Wano's military force and the ruler of the country as a whole. The downplay is hilariously absurd.

16. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law

Mexico
    Catdank Faction:
    Admirals > Orochi > First Mates

17. savior2005 Well-Known Member

We saw how strong inu and neko are. I expect the shogun of wano to be above that level.

18. Spiegel Well-Known Member

I'm sure Kaidou has a legitimate first mate. The big bad guys are rarely introduced this early into the arc.

Given the knowledge of there being a King, Queen, Jack, along with Kaidou himself. I thought maybe Orochi could be Kaidou's King Calamity given his position as pretty much the king of wano, we know that he's a dual sword user, and his name is Orochi(C'mon).
    And the name king makes it seem as if that person is a sovereign leader, not just strictly an underling and Orochi would pretty much fit that description.

Him being called a coward, and being paranoid does have me challenging my belief that he's not a spandam type character though.

If he is then The King Calamity is probably Orochi's Guard.

If he's not and he's strong on his own, I hope he's as strong if not stronger than the King Calamity. I wouldn't lump Orochi's name in with Kaidou's if there's such a wide gap in strength between them.

19. Fel1x Friend of the Grummles

it wuold be a huge twist if the King is stronger than Kaido

Kaido's title is general, while King's is King

20. Lord Stark Warden of the North

I think Squard may be commander leveled, he's a veteran from Rogers era that was able to bring WB (albeit sick WB) to his knees with his stab, and managed to fend off a seemingly bloodlusted Marco's attack.