1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Kajukai Korin can't counter Tobi's intangibility.

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Android, May 17, 2018.

1. Android 3:16

- teleport out of it AoE.
    - turn off his intangibility then turn it on back again whenever he likes. The pollen take time to effect its target. Onoki could resist it for a while and Tobi is the most resilient SoB in the Manga.
    - if all else fails, Tobi can just blow the pollen away with his Kamui air whirlwind (that he uses to buff his Katons to Jubi size).

Hashirama still defeats Tobi in a fight, but the Forest Bloom can't counter Kamui phasing.

What do you think ? Post your opinion pls.

Tags:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada

It takes literally seconds...

And obito, phasing or not, if he is standing in the AOE hes breathing in the pollen...This aint gonna work either

Due entirely to a Nakama powerup moment...

Tsunade and A are both far more resilient than he is and they both passed out

This is what you call "lolplot" or an outlier

Not to actually be taken seriously
    Hes still solid when attacking

Meaning an opening was created

Meaning Kajukai Korin does its job

The pollen doesnt need to directly affect Obito for it to counter him

Theres a difference

3. Kai R I N N I N G Retired Staff

You're right on differing points. He can teleport out of Flower World's AOE or use Kamui's whirlwind effect to blow away the pollen, but from arguments I've seen Flower World is a topic point brought out solely to counter phasing, which is a solid one especially if Hashirama stays in that field imo. In order to switch from phasing to phasing himself or exporting objects/whirlwind, Tobi will solidify for a moment where the active pollen will affect him, and even if he does have resistance to the pollen being adversely affected in any way is not something to argue for in favor of Obito when facing Hashirama.

4. Orochimaruwantsyourbody Well-Known Member

If SM Hashirama is the one using it instead of Edo Madara, how much bigger will the AoE be?

5. WorldsStrongest #Rem4life

Canada
    Idk if thats how it works

The pollen itself may just be more potent

But it could also be AoE that increases

Or both :catshrug

6. Android 3:16

Dude needs a split second to teleport away, he teleported in and out to save Sasuke from a point blank Jinton. And he's much more resilient than Onoki unless you think a half dead Onoki can resist BZ control or live without a heart for few minutes. Him getting knocked in just a second is utter BS.
    That's not the point. He isn't defeating Hashi or Edo Madara in a fight. But the Forest Bloom on its own isn't gonna defeat him nor does "hard counter" his intangibility. It doesn't.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  7. Android 3:16

He won't get knocked out instantly. Bloody hell no.
    I didn't say he will Hashirama or Edo Madara. Just discussing the Forest Bloom vs Intangibility nonsense.

8. The_Conqueror Well-Known Member

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Poland
    That won't affect him simply
    Does he even have a functional lungs, he could probably derive energy from the transplanted cells
    Any way he can simply go underground, remain intangible.
    Also the time frame he has to remain tangible is like a seconds for every five minute so that ain't doing any thing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. Kai R I N N I N G Retired Staff

I hear you all the way, you're talking to one of the biggest Obito fans and just like your point hell no I'm not saying he'll get knocked out either. After enduring a Chidori to the heart, getting the tailed beasts ripped out, and getting the Gedo statue forcefully summoned it will take more than pollen to overload his endurance.

The important part for me is that being physically burdened in any way is not a position to argue in favor for Obito against Hashirama. But this is a lesser point overall as there are more compelling ways Hashirama beats down Obito.

10. Android 3:16

11. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

The pollen only affects him if he breathes it in correct?

Lol he negs that shit.

Regular humans can hold their breath for a minute, and even longer for some people out there.

Obito is a superhuman with Zetsu parts. He can probably hold his breath and still fight for a while or get away from the AoE.

No one here remembers how long Kakashi stayed in that water prison or Lee, Neji and TenTen?

Only way it affects him it's by an sneak attack and he fails to detect it with the Sharingan( which is hard to argue, considering that Sasuke saw Deidara's Nano bomb cloud) or when breathing in.

12. SuikodanFlight22 Tailed Beast Without a Tail

Transfering his physical endurance feats to his ability to not be affected by poison

Obito wank is a thing now...huh :mikebatman

13. Crimson Flam3s Rampage Sage

Isn't that what you do with Kisame all the time?

Spoiler:
    JK

14. SuikodanFlight22 Tailed Beast Without a Tail

I'd like a quote where i've ever said "Kisame facetanked Hirudora, so he's unaffected by poison"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  15. Android 3:16

I can almost smell the irony coming out of my computer screen :gglife

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. The_Conqueror Well-Known Member

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Poland
    Well I have seen worse than that :lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Shark Ikimasu yo

Kisame negs the pollen via diving underwater. :hehee

18. Ghost Of The Uchiha Well-Known Member

He needs to become tangible to teleport, so he's vulnerable regardless in that instant.

Gokage already passed out after Madara used his katon jutsu, not to mention that breathing the pollen will affect him nonetheless.

Attacking makes him become tangible meaning he's vulnerable to get one-shot by any of Hashi's mokuton constructs, he'd need kamui shuriken and both eyes to counter FTW effectively.

Obito slips trough things when they touch his body/one of his body parts, pollen is too small for him to go completely intangible and be unaffected, so it does counter intangibility since just inhaling the pollen doesn't require contact and the second he breathes he has two options: he either does nothing and gets knocked out or he decides to hide with kamui which means that he has to waste the 5 minute limit at which point he gets one-shot by any of hashi's constructs.

19. Android 3:16

Or simply holds his breath like the Gokage did before Madara hit them and warps away.

Wanna argue Tobi can't hold his breath for an instant ? Lol.

Onoki breathed in a large amount of pollen yet he could still stand up and fight.
    Wanna argue Tobi is less resilient than Onoki ?

Not really. A burst of wind is enough to blow the pollen away. If he gets attacked he just phases through whatever tries to hit. Or just GTFO the forest

I'll tell you what I told the other posters. Tobi can't beat Hashirama or Edo Madara. This threat is just to debunk the idiotic claim that Kajukai Korin counters intangibility.

20. Mar55 The Darkness Rises

Obito can beat Madara and Hashi, there I said it.

21. Sage light Well-Known Member

It shouldve been common sense. How'll the pollen affect him if there's nothing there? His body parts are in a different dimension, the real world him is just an astral projection.

22. sabre320 Well-Known Member

The biggest flaw against the flower world pollen argument is obito can simply hold his breath while he teleports out normal people can hold their breath for 2min these shinobi are on another level....obito has atleast a 5min time window to teleport out.....yeah no the pollen solos lmao