1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Kakashi has Mangekyou Sharingan!?!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Headhyuuga, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Headhyuuga A Work of Staggering Genius

Kakashi Shows Mangekyou -257 Spoilers

On page 9 of Chapter 257 Kakashi shows his eye to Itachi for a split second and Itachi states "Kakashi-san...You couldn't have..." and Kakashi was noticbly weaker just by flashing it, I just assume because we did not see it.
    Reason I Believe Kakashi may Have Developed Mangekyou

1. Last person with the sharingan and Itachi admitted there was one more with the ability of obtaining the Mangekyou.
    A.Kakashi obtained the third tomoe and mastered the Sharingan so this is the evidence that he can evolve the sharingan.
    B.It was a requirement to kill your best friend to obtain the highest level, Kakashi did not physically kill Obito but he still felt it was partially his fought because he did not go with him immediately so he still suffered emotionally on the same level.

2.Kakashi mentioned a new jutsu that he developed

3.What else would surprise Itachi more than the previlence of another Mangekyou user and Itachi was shocked to see what Kakashi showed him Initially to the point of lowering his head to not look at it directly.

4.The normal Sharingan drains Kakashi so its only logical that he wouldnt leave it on, and Its a given that it would drain him immensely so I assume he just showed it to Itachi was a threat.

This is just my opinion and Its been said before, but I feel the newest chapter holds the most evident clue of this yet. Plz combat my statements, intelligently that is, so I can wipe the Idea off my mind or further develop it.
    If you like, rep, If you love, send me nude pics of your mom.

Tags:
  2. zeheero1982 Cyber Style's Player

Yeah, you might be dead on track and right about the whole thing.However, the part about gaining the manke sharingan by copying it....thats impossible(its a blood line limited, unless his father was a uchi too. However, I do believe that Kakashi have found a way another way(besides Gai's way) to defeat the Mangekyou sharingan by long into it.

3. stardotstar New Member

Well I wonder if having obito's eye somehow causes kakashi to have some of uchiha's blood as a part of him (you know having abit of science so that the body does not reject it, but seeing how this is anime anything can go LOL :D) would cause him to develop MS. Blah, don't really want to think about it just going to wait and see what will happen in 2 weeks from now :D After all Kakashi is a genius so I'll expect something cool coming from him :D

4. Bas Kurosaki Ichigo!

I think you are right, I always though he was able to evolve his eye to a Mangekyou state. And this chapter really made me believe he has "it".

5. Lafiel4 Banņed

Um, I think you're reading something you want, not what was presented. :p

First, I think a lot of people assume because Kakashi isn't an Uchiha, he cannot TURN OFF the sharingan. It's basically always on unless he keeps his eyes closed or covered. It seems highly doubtful he'd suddenly develop a super-rare bloodline technique without the bloodline. And with only a single eye.

Second, the plain simple interpretation of page 9 is that Kakashi asks Itachi a question that shocks him, hence his surprised look immediately afterwards (the center panel). Itachi suddenly realizes Kakashi has deduced something, and lowers his head briefly in contemplation or just stunned dramatic effect.

This has nothing to do with him fearing Kakashi's doujutsu. The shock is from the words Kakashi spoke - they were very vague, but evidently Itachi understood what Kakashi was implying.

Now, as to what exactly Kakashi meant, enough people have already speculated in other threads (very persuasive reasoning too I might add)... so I guess we'll find out soon enough next time.

6. skipmado22 New Member

I never post here, but I just got done reading the translation and looking through the translation and I'm so excited to see what kakashi is going to do.

If I'm not mistaken on page 10 of the manga Itachi says something along the lines of "You couldn't have" I think he means that kakashi copied his Mangekyou Sharingan. That's probably also why he knows Itachi's eyesight is going bad because kakashi is also suffering from the same loss of sight in his left eye from using the Mangekyou Sharingan. I also think this is the case because kakashi is stairing right at him and he knows he can't compete with itachi while looking at him unless he has the Mangekyou Sharingan.

This next chapter is gonna be awesome!

I hope I'm right.

7. Bas Kurosaki Ichigo!

Already is a topic about this.

And like I said there, I think he has Mangekyou Sharingan, but he didn't copy it like you say, thats not possible.

8. Shinobi No Kami00 Banned

I think Itachi meant "You couldn't have known about the ill effects of using the Mangekyou Sharingan" not "You couldn't have obtained the Mangekyou". Mangekyou or not, this fight would be different from the last.

9. isanon i have an old misspelled title

i think its more like you couldnt have discoverd the weaknes of sharingan

10. Knubbe New Member

Sharingan can't copy bloodline techniques. Although it might get a little sketchy since it's copying other Sharingan techniques. I still don't think he copied it though, much less even has it

11. jpanski Shadow

I agree with Knubbe..i don't think kakashi has the mangeykyo sharingan...i think Itachi was simply refering to the fact that he was suprised that Kakashi knew so much about his sharingan.

12. mftrunks Fourth Tomoe Sharingan

um, why would the Mangekyou Sharingan cause him to lose his sight? That sucks, in that case its useless....and why would Sasuke even want to get the same eyes? doesnt make any sense.......

13. The Sandwich Prince Rasta Mon!

Hehe. Because you strain like hell when you stare at someone, forcing such genjutsu into their mind. Seriously though, I hope this is the case, but not necessarily blindness. I don't think it would ruin the story and it would make sense why getting the mangekyou sharingan (aside from bloody killing your best friend) hasn't been happening pre-Itachi mass-murder.

14. Niabingi Skyentist

im not so sure whether or not kakashi has the mangekyou sharingan....however Itachi said the requirement is you have to kill your best friend in order to obtain it right? but doesnt Kakashi already feel responsible for the death of his best friend Obito so its possible that he had already met that requirement....I still think it would be crappy if he got mangekyou sharingan though

15. Nono chocobo turned moogle

to obtain the mangekyou sharingan don't you have to kill someone close to you like your best friend?

16. anbulee Beautiful, Wild & Green

kakashi with one eye mangekyu sharingan wut s next huh??

17. Disastorm Wii will change everything!!!!

hm i dont know what was meant by what kakashi said. I dont think he copied mangekyo sharingan but maybe he was able to copy the tsukiyomi (which would also explain the new jutsu he said he had) or something, since he looked at itachi when itachi did it to him (obviously). And when he was talking about eyesight i think he may have meant that itachi was going to have to fight him without looking into his eyes as well.

18. Kamendex Retired from Forum

He cant copy bloodlines, end of all the copying discussion ok...

On another nore, I think Itachi is loosing his eye sight. Thats what Kakashi noticed, and thats why Itachi said you couldnt have.

Mangekyou is taking a strain on his eyes.

19. Echibi -

Kakashi have probably figured out a way to get the Mangekyou Sharingan without killing your best friend. and I think Itatchi can see if you have mangekyou without having it "active" that's why he was so surprised.

20. Bad_Shinobi Human/Male

I dont think Kakashi has accuired the Mangekyou Sharingan ( that is if you need to kill youre closest friend) but rather discovering the weakness about the sharingan :=

21. Manji Yoshimitsu Exorcist

I don't think Kishi would consider that, cause that would've made the fight between Sasuke and Naruto almost useless, Kakashi probably knows about the strain on Itachi eyes, and how he is loosing his eye-sight. Its pretty practica to, don't you get pain in your eyes when you strain to much? The eye muscles aren't naturally made for that kind of use, they're just there to move your eye etc...

22. atiss1 hwaha?!H

i think he copied the tsukiyomi

23. SexyNoJutsu Zentastic

You know what fanboys... Itachi gave kakashi the MS when they first met. And now you copy ninja fanboys have something to cheer about.

24. stormrunner Wants a Custom Title

I agree, as stated by Kakashi himself in the battle with zabusa when he heard of hakus bloodline, he said that even he would not be able to copy a bloodline ability

25. itachidattebayo 鏡花水&#2637

Impossible
    1)u cant copy bloodlines with sharingan
    2)attaining the mangekyou has certain price to pay and he could not have possibly killed anyone
    3)He is not a Uchiha(reasons given by Itachi in the first Ita Vs Kaka fight)
    4)He could not handle one normal sharingan with his chakra status much less a Mangekyou sharingan which requires even more chakra usage(itachi example)

26. Negative-Ion Life is BRUTAL!!

When Itachi says " no you couldnt" he is refering to what Kakashi said "how is your eyesight" then Itachi says no you couldnt because Kakashi noticed that his eyesight has gotten worse.

27. Donkey Show Bukkage

Kakashi is obviously an optometrist because he was able to gauge that Itachi's overuse of the Sharingan has dropped his eyesight from 20/15 to 30/60. :amazed :laugh j/k

For all we know, Kakashi might have set up a couple things already or dispelled a minor genjutsu Itachi had set up. He did learn something new and he knows how to fight Itachi now. I doubt it's Mangekyou though. Maybe he can shoot lasers or something.

28. bishnou fire and ice shinobi

"Spoiler" Kakashi developped "it"

since kakashi knows that the mangekyou puts a lot of strain to the user, and with the answer itachi gave him qhen he asks how his sight is, I believe that kakashi did manage to get to the mangekyou sharingan
    just look at is face when itachi answers "you didn't", is eyes looks like it went through a lot and a lot of training

I quite personnally I THINK IT KICKS ASS!!!

what do you guys think?

29. uXs Crazy person

I don't believe it. But I don't know what he meant by that either. I fear it's indeed that Itachi is going blind. I hope not. That would suck.

30. Bad_Shinobi Human/Male

unless it was Kakashi who pushed that rock over Obito I dont thing ha has accuired it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.