1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Kakashi's Exam.

Discussion in 'Konoha Recycling Heap' started by Heartgobbler, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Heartgobbler

Can you tell me how this works?

In the manga Kakashi sais that only 1 out of 3 graduates (9 students out of 27 - 3 groups )actually becomes a gennin. (Which must mean that most members of the village would never become ninjas despite this being the only job they train for) . And he doesn't seem to communicate with other teachers during the exam. (which would be needed to set the number of passing groups)

Still, in the end , there ARE 3 genin groups that year (since Lee's group is one year older.) Am I missing something?

Tags:
  2. shakyninja

27 students are fit to become gennins
    9 actually become gennins the rest return to the academy
    he was the last to meet up with his team so is not reasonable to assume that he is the last to test them ie he knows how many have passed and failed. It is also reasonable to assume that kakashi was lying, and finally kakashi has failed everyone else so if he passed someone they must be good.

3. Axass

Kakashi was lying because he wanted to test how they would react being under pressure, also he wanted to teach them the importance of teamwork.

4. Aman

Yeah, i agree with Axass. If everyone are very strong, they all must become Genins right?

5. XxGreat Hokage NarutoxX

kakashi wanted to test them not on there skill, power and intellgence alone, but wanted to test them on there team work.....and so far he probably had groups that werent working well together, or abandoned there teamate for a better chance at the bells, the reason he passed team 7 was because even when naruto was tied up and starving sasuke and sakura offered him food just so he can gain strength and eat, even if it meant disobeying kakashi

6. Psyonic

yup, Kakashi was lying to see what they would do under pressure. Seems they passed eh?

7. Heartgobbler

What happens if someone fails the first exam? (if Naruto weren't allowed in, would team 7 be one short or would they have to compete with members of other groups to potentially replace them? )

It still seems weird to me that only 3 best teams are chosen when they don't compete with each other (not to mention being tested by different teachers.)

If Kakashi was the last examiner, what would happen if team 7 failed? Would there be only 2 genin teams that year?

8. Thousand Years of Pain

Also, with that test, which was originated from Sandaime, is it all or nothing? What if only two of them passed by actually getting the bells, like Orochimaru and Tsunade? Did they pass or did they have to prove that they can work as a team?

9. Lexiefaye

Kakashi was able to say straight off that they passed because no matter what happened with the other teams ... his passing of students was such a rarity that he knew his backing them alone would mean they were picked as 3 of the nine.

10. Satetsu

I always wondered what would happen if 4 teachers decided that their team was fit to continue on to become genins. Would they let the last team become genins or send them back to the academy despite their abiliity?

11. masta_phat

kakashi was lying, remember the different countries are always in constant observation of each other to see how strong they are, if everyone was strong, then they would pass everyone

12. starphoenix

1/3 of the people who take the bell test passed. The three teams who passed the bell test before Team 7 was the Sannins, Yondaime's group with Jiraiya as the jounin, and Kakashi's group.

13. Alia_Atreides

Yeah, I think he was lying... That Kakashi... tricky bastard, hum? :)
    But I had the same doubt when I watched the anime.

14. ~S?lvia~

I think he was testing the real strengh, using lyes. that way, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke had to use all they had to pass...

15. oxxer

hmmm the lying maybe true...but getting Naruto passeD? i think it must be related to the kyuubi inside him and Kakashi want to see Naruto uses the kyuubi power..

16. Terumaru

A Jounin never lies to the board about passing. Ninja are tested and weighed accordingly even in the future, such has the Chuunin exams prove them to be better Ninja. I really don't see a reason as to why Kakashi would lie about all 3 of them, except Sakura.. I dont' know WHY she passed. She didn't do shit the whole time o_o

17. biteme

The 1st test by kakashi is probably only judging the qualities of a ninja, not skills... yet. Thant's my opinion at least. That was how Sakura passed.