1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Kakashi's father: The White Fang

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by MS81, Nov 9, 2005.

1. MS81 Supreme Jounin

not much known about white fang except he used to be legendary sannin but comitt suicide. he past on the white fang sword that kakashi had in kakashi gaiden,but it broke during the fight hidden rock ninja.

but the sword made kakashi father legendary for molding up white chakra.

can someone pleeeaassee find more information about this.

also would you think it would be cool if kakashi gaiden anime show more details than the manga.

Tags:
  2. Chatulio Senex

1. He was not a legendary sannin his reputation wasw similar to them in that he was an elite ninja.
    2. We dont know that much since all the info we have gotten came from gaiten and the yondaime.

3. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

There isn't anything else on the White Fang besides what you got in the Kakashi Gaiden.

4. tunaman I like candy

First of all he was not a sannin. The only people that are Sannin are Oro, Jiraiya and Tsunade. He was as well known or better then the Sannins(or i could have been powerful).

I dont remeber anything about the sword and i am too lazy to look it up right know( I am taking a break from short break from homework)

For the last part it would be cool if they made the anime's gaiden going into more details if they do not screw anything up.

5. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

Also, it's not clear that the molding of white chakra is all that extraordinary; we've seen many different colors.

6. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I was talking with someone about the sword the day before yesterday. People kept telling him that it broke, but we couldn't find any pages that confirmed this.

7. Chatulio Senex

it did break the stone nin broke it when kakashi came out of the cave

8. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

oh ok cool. Thanks I'll tell em the next time I see him online.
    Oh and if it broke, why didn't they fix it?

9. Seahawk Guest

Strong people don't commit suicide if you ask me.

10. Chatulio Senex

i dont know maybe kakashi doesnt need it anymore since his skill with raikiri went up after he got sharingan

sea hawk suicide is considered an honorable death in old japanese culture for disho0onor

11. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

12. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Well you have to remember that this is manga/anime, meaning that it comes from japan. Now I'm not gonna say that it's the current culture, but a few hundred years ago, it was considered to be a form of redemption. Just because one culture sees it one way doesn't mean that if another culture sees it another way then one has to be wrong, but I guess you weren't really calling him weak for committing suicide.

13. Chi Technical knockout

oK... It's MORE likely that sword broke, but(!), if we look in more carefully then it maybe otherwise..

Ok.. We see the sword, but it doesn' look like it's broke. It looks like part of the sword is inside of something (stone nins body/jacket/whatever), and it's showed from outside and inside..

Now we see part of the sword falling, but it's not nessecary kakashi's sword. It maybe part of stone nin's sword that was broken by chidori...

We see that Kakshi still has his sword.. But of course he could just take what left of it with him..

Anyway.. Sword is too cool, to keep in secret. And Kakashi would probably used it in previous chapters..

P.S. Sorry.. My english is, kinda, bad.. So you might not understand something..

14. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I hope he does use it or get someone in the village to fix it someone who knows his father maybe?

15. bluewolf mostly lurking

its LOOKed like it broke... but then there was no special mention of it..

I mean if the great sword that his father was known for and was passed down to him broke wouldnt there be some kind of mention of it. a suprised look, a frame showing that he is upset about it. even a frame showing specificly that he does not care about it.

and then there is the part about him with the sword in the scabard as if every thing was normal.

I dont think it broke. I think that kakashi simpy never had the ability to activate the sword in the same way as his father did. I think that after this mission he simply stopped carrying the sword because he had chidori and the sharingan and the sword was simply not a necessary piece of equipment. Its probably in a little shrine to his father on a desk in his house.

the animated battle will clear this up.

16. walkie New Member

Are you sure??? kakashi is not an uchiha but he achieved MS and even itachi was suprised.....besides he is a genius and he is able to analyse battles and jutsu styles like he analised itachi's MS and itachi was suprised again because kakashi had seen it only once.... you think a man like this can not activate the sword...

besides he created a jutsu himself when he was a genin :blink he should be someone not underestimeted :smile-big

a strong sword is not with him even against akatsuki means that sword had broken... :huh

17. Azrael Bitch, Get Serious

Wasn't the sword (correct me if I'm wrong) partially made out of chakra?

18. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

There is very little known except that he was on par with the legendary Sannin (which is saying something. As far as we know, the Hokage devoted his time to the Sannin, so the White Fang got to where he was through pure talent, without a genius teacher to guide him) and that he commited suicide (because the very people who he saved shamed him in the end. F*****s. :mad:).

The blade broke, it's symbolic. He couldn't let go of the way his dad died and stove to be what his father wasn't. He couldn't let go of the past. With the blade broken, he let go of his father's memento and his tragic death and accept the reason why his father saved his comrades and abandoned the mission.

If Kakashi, one of the most brilliant nins the village has ever seen, could not activate his father's sword, than pretty much nobody could.

No, the sword could be enhanced by chakra, but sisn't need it. It was a steel blade that acteded as a conduit for Hatake chakra.
    I really really want to see the White Fang in action. He's probably one of the most bad ass nins out there.

19. YamazakiSusumu Just call me Susumu.

The sword emitted a white light, according to the stone ninja, Taiseki. That was not chakra coming from the sword. The sword is definitely broken because you can see the broken piece flying through the air, the remaining piece in Kakashi's hand, and then the broken piece sticking in the ground. There shouldn't be any doubts here that Kakkou broke the sword.

I'm the owner of the Hatake Sakumo (White Fang) FC on Naruto Forums. If anyone here is interested in joining up, just click the banner in my signature. :)

20. raijin Member

Unfortunately, it seems people are still using Inane's mistranslated statement made by Yondaime as a reference. At the time the statement was made, Sakumo was even greater than the Legendary Sannin... combined.

21. Shisui is dead

If this guy is so good, why doesn't he seem to have done anything - besides offing Sasori's dad (and himself)?

22. MS81 Supreme Jounin

Can't Wait

Can't wait till they showed the anime version.

MANGEKYOUSHARINGAN PEOPLE'S

23. Asterisk *

Maybe its because they dont want to show yet, or its useless to show at the moment..

I hope that there will be others flashbacks with Sakumo. He seems kinda important.

24. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

It really wouldn't advance the plot, or create any valuable character development.

Though, I sure as hell wouldn't say no to Hatake Sakumo fighting.

25. Kiyoshi The Former Avatarless

Just because someone was powerful or once owned doesn't mean we have to see them in action. Otherwise after this current line of filler would be long series about the Sanin, Yondaime, White Fang, the older Hokage, and everyone else once/is considered great demonstrating their skills.

26. Hexa probably Dendi

Pllus, a sword wouldn't break like that from the impact shown unless there was a crack in the blade, which is also unlikely because not only was the break clean but also because cracks propagate in the direction of increasing tensile stress (which isn't the direct shown).

Also, it'd be spinning like crazy if the sword tip ricocheted off the guy.

27. deathblaze Alchemy Save the Queen!

i do not think that the sword broke...
    kakashi however probably changed his style of fighting after mastering chidori and the rasengan... he probably has the sword kept nice and safe to look at it to remember his father... also maybe he doesn't not use it anymore due to what he said to naruto about how everyone dear to him is dead... scary thing is he said that with a smiling face lol

28. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I still think Kakashi will use the Chakra Blade one of these days. I can picture it: in a fight with Itachi or Sasuke, when one of them will insinuate that hes good at using the Sharingan, but hes not an Uchiha, so he will never master it like them, and all that crap. Thats when he will draw his sword and say something like "Im much more than just Sharingan..." and use the jutsu his father left.
    Well, it would be nice, because thats what I think. Kakashi is great, but not only for the Sharingan. Hes a genius, after all, was even before the Sharingan.
    And about the White Fang, dont know if anybody said it, but he also had silver hair. The manga is always making references as how very similar Kakashi and his father are.

29. shibigoku Master of the fist

Sannins means three men team in japanese. Tsunade Oro and Jiraiya are known as the legendary sannin, the legendary three men team.

30. MS81 Supreme Jounin

kakashi

alias said
    I'm feeling you on this dog.
    that shit will be dope if he have the white chakra and it makes him twice as powerful,plus M.sharingan everyone is dead.