1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Kakashi's future

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by SpotTheCat, Dec 15, 2004.

1. SpotTheCat Member

I've seen a lot of talk about what kakashi's purpose is after the time skip. I've also seen some extremely annoying things.

first off, that kakashi no longer has a purpose as a character. OF COURSE HE DOES!

second, I've heard that he will be the 6th hokage (180 anyone?)

first off, I'm sure we'll see that kakashi's personality change has a lot to do with the source of naruto's power (protecting his friends). This is the single most important thing when a hokage is chosen (third says this a lot, about orochimaru not getting it and about yondaime having it)

second, when kakashi is sealing up sasuke's... erm... seal... orochimaru comes and tells kakashi that he's full of shit when he says he will put his life on the line.

third, he says he is weak (weakening?) (once against itachi, once with gai, and once when he's climbing a rock)

basicly, there is a lot more growth (charicter) potential for kakashi, but it doesn't look like he will become hokage.

Tags:
  2. Nyarlathotep Member

If we follow the Sannins = Team 7 then Kakashi = Rokudaime and besides, in an interview, Kishiman said that he thought of Kakashi as the Rokudaime already.

Also, he's the son of the inhumanly badass being known as Sakumo, he's fated to be even more badass than he is right now and be Kage-level wherever he wants or not, it's written all over his face.

3. Putredinis The Oblivious One

yes, i definately agree with you on that.

no one has ever said he could possibily become hokage. he is a genius, but he's already 26, there's no way he could somehow 'unleash his hidden potiential' at this age. im not saying he's not going to improve, he will, but not enough to be hokage. besides, there are other jounins that match up to him, eg, gai. what makes people think he'll be the one?

no purpose as a character? bah, isn't standing there, satisfying his fans not good enough? :wink

4. Nyarlathotep Member

Think of it like this, the sannins are 50 and they can kick the crap out of almost everyone, Kakashi is 26 and only a few selected ones can win against him in a battle.

Kakashi is one of the top 2 Jounins of the Village and all what he does all the time is sit and read Icha Icha Paradise, unlike Gai who trains his ass off, what would happen if Kakashi also trained himself (not to the obssesive level of Gai of course)?.

That's most probably the reason why the Gaiden was made, so that after the Timeskip it didn't look weird that Kakashi just out of the blue decided to train.

5. ErHaN Cuts.

umm im abit lagged, but whats this Time Skip?

Sasuke isnt weak, i just believe he's comparing him self to the new Naruto (around the 110 episodes), and that how Naruto has vastly improved....

6. Nyarlathotep Member

In the manga we're right now in a Gaiden about Kakashi's past, after that we're going to return to the present but 3 years after Naruto left with Jiraiya and stuff.

We're not even talking about Sasuke, I think you misunderstood the first post.

7. thomonkey Member

uhm, ya, i think kakashi is gonna realize that if he had trained harder he would have been able to help naruto, and potentially save sasuke from leaving. Also, kakashi knows that he must become stronger if hes gonna help fight orochimaru and sasuke later. so he decides to train as hard as he did when he was a child, but this time in order to protect the people taht he loves.

8. ScorpionOcean Kakashi fangirl

I think we'll see a new side of Kakashi once he stops living in the past and feeling guilty about Obito...and I look forward to it.

9. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Well, I think Kakashi's future as a potential Hokage isn't quite as cemented as that. Unless Kishimoto decides to either kill off Tsunade or have her retire pretty quickly, it seems more likely that... it'll be Naruto who'll become the Sixth Hokage.:D But if Kishimoto has already said that he already sees Kakashi as the Sixth Hokage, that'll just mean that Naruto'll be moved to the Seventh spot.:D

10. caliboy Yondaime's Legacy

he thought of kakashi as the rokudaime? then who'd he think up as the sixth?

11. Nyarlathotep Member

Rokudaime = the 6th
    Godaime = the 5th
    Nanadaime = the 7th

12. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Uh, I think you can find the answer your question in your own post.;)

13. caliboy Yondaime's Legacy

14. Vatatzes run around headless

which interview does kishi endorse Kakashi for Rokudaime? Cos if he did then thats a major spoiler. I personally dont think Kakashi is up to being Hokage I dont think hes got what it takes. then again neither does Naruto but we all know he will anyways.

15. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

No sorry kakashi fans, but i dont think that kakashi will be the 6th...There is a too big gap between his level and the sannin level...
    If he could become hokage then the third would have chosen him after the death of the fourth
    Another point against him is his sharingan...If he didnt have it then he would be at the sannin and his dad's level

16. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Why would his Sharingan be held against him?:confused

Or do you mean something a bit more symbolic such as his feelings that he attributes to the eye, which is what held him back? Or did you just mean that it's because of his Sharingan that's made him appear to be somewhat lazy or something?

17. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

What i meant is not that kakashi is lay...the reason why he doesnt train has to do something with obito.
    The sharingan i agree makes kakashi stronger in terms of insight than without any doujutsu(eye jutsu)
    But as kakashi is not an uchiha, he cant use it as effectively as a member of that clan...So the thing is that kakashi would probably have been stronger without it...
    Remember the side-effects of using sharingan that kakashi has...
    So thats my point

18. Nyarlathotep Member

I don't feel like making a big post so I'll just post a link to someone's post about this matter (sorry, occasionalutopia):

19. FFLN The Smexiness has arrived

Still, the Sharingan consuming alot of his energy wouldn't count against him if they were to choose a Hokage. Besides, after the Sannin, Konoha doesn't seem to have any other ninja even near that level besides Kakashi.

20. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

There's big mouth gai:)

21. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

kakashi doesnt train because:

a) before the osund there really wasnt any need, he was more than able to do the missions with his Sharingan and the great Shinobi countries were in an alliance

b) he relies on his sharingan. the first thing he did when he met a high level Jounin (Zabuza) was whip out his sharingan and he would not have won the match without it. Its dangerous because he doesnt know how to use it properly but because he can use it, he feels as if he doesnt need to train because it will win his fights for him.

c) he had bigger worries with the Kyuubi and last of the famous Uchiha clan both on his team trying to kill each other.

22. darklide From darkness...i'll rise

If u say so...
    Me thats my point of view and u thats urs

23. Vatatzes run around headless

i think Tsunade will be Godaime for a while its just to early to retire her. And by the time she ought to retire comes naruto will prolly be of age to become Hokage. think of it this way, Kakashi is 26 right Naruto is 13. That is only 13 years difference. If Kakashi becomes Hokage Naruto will have to wait forever to become Hokage . lets say kakashi retires at age 60 right, Naruto would be 47, do you want to see a naruto at age 47? I dont. ok Sandaime retired at what 53 for yondaime if kakashi does the same Naruto will be 40...yeah i dont think so. of course the alternative is that kakashi dies while he is hokage. I dont like that idea either

24. Nyarlathotep Member

I don't see Kakashi holding the title Hokage for more than necessary.

He knows that Naruto wants the position and that he's willing to do anything to do so and he has the heart where it's supposed to be (unlike Oro), once he sees that Naruto is ready both mentally and physically, he'll pass the title to him.

25. Vatatzes run around headless

im still wondering about this interview you guys are talking about but whatever

Alright he might give up the title but that was done what only once. and that was because Sandaime was getting old.

look my point is whats the point of having Tsunade just come one recently (like what is it 3 months or so) an then replace her after only 3 years. Sure Yondaime was killed in 2-3 years but that was all flashback stuff that we never really experienced. With Tsunade's ageless jutsu she can basically be a 20 something for however long she has chakra. And the whole genius vs hard worker thing they got between gai and kakashi would be messed up if kakashi got to be Hokage and thus strongest in the village.

26. Kineas Standing alone.

The title was also given up to Sarutobi from the second Hokage.
    There isn't really a minimum number of years Tsunade has to serve as Hokage, since such was never stated. It's not a scholarship bond. :smile-big
    If Kishimoto is determined to have a 15 year old Naruto as Hokage at the end of the series, Tsunade would be written out of the way somehow I suppose.
    Unless I remembered wrongly, Tsunade's cosmetic jutsu only alters cosmetic appearances, and it won't affect her lifespan nor physical abilities.
    Hard workers were never really given much credit anyway. Lee has yet to recover from his injury, and Gai rarely gets any screentime that isn't for comedic relief solely. I'm sure it isn't too hard to realise there's an inherent bias for Kakashi pwnage. :)

27. hikaru yuki Gintamard

as a response to vatatzes' post (im just so nitpicky about these things >__<), tsunade's jutsu isnt an "ageless jutsu". it just makes you look 20. jiraiya also said a while back that tsunade frequently changes her appearance from looking 20 to 40 to an old lady/whatever to avoid rabid gamblers. so yea..^-^

28. Vatatzes run around headless

i think it also effects her fighting ability because otherwise it would only be henge no jutsu and Jiraiya said her's was a sepecial technique

29. Kineas Standing alone.

My memories of the Sannin fight are rather hazy, so forgive me if I misqoute something.
    Tsunade's ageless jutsu is kept up by feeding chakra to maintain the *henge* appearance constantly.
    There was a scene in the Sannin fight where wrinkles began to appear on her, because she was unable to feed that ageless jutsu and also gather enough chakra to do all the jutsus against Orochimaru. (Slug summoning, healing people, etc)
    If it was a special technique, it's not combat orientated I think. So I'll just assume it was a burden during combat because of the unnecessary chakra leeching.

30. Vatatzes run around headless

oh yeah i eats up chakra like a naruto with ramen. thats got to be a handicap in any fight i assume. but i guess it is debatable whether the jutsu affects her biologically. i assume since she is a medical nin it would affect her biologically and not just cosmetically.