1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

Kakuzu...open gates?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Omni, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Omni Token Psychopath

This might have been discussed before...if it has, ignore me.

We saw Kakuzu's skin get darker, right before he punched the shit out of door to get to the monks, right? On the same vein, when Rock Lee fought Gaara, when he opened the gates, his skin got darker as well, and of course, he got stronger/faster. Could it be that Kakuzu somehow is able to selectivley open gates, or is a master of his own gates, or has his 8 gates permanently open or something? Just a theory.

Tags:
  2. Celfur Member

I never even considered it. Its definitely a possibility.

3. Blind Weasel 『 We'll meet again 』 Retired Staff

mmm... nice point... nobody says that Lee and Gai are the only ones who can open them...

4. Kakuzu GB Imperator

Yeah, I didn't think of it either. I guess it just didn't occur to me that we could see an enemy use the ability.

5. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

It would have to be different tough, only in a single area, how can that be done?

6. Omni Token Psychopath

No clue. You're right though, it would have to be some sort of different thing than simply opening the gates...it would have to be like some sort of advanced gate opening teqnique or something.

I actually got this idea while I was going through my old Naruto Episodes...just kinda fit together all of a sudden.

Another thing...one of the gates is called the "Insanity" gate right? Considering his comments about going berserk and killing his partners all the time, it might stand to reason that he has opened that gate...or something. I dunno. I'm kinda just putting forth opinions.

7. waado Member

I think you might be right. I just went through the chapter with the temple. Kakuzu's left hand got draker just like when Lee opened the gates.

8. Omni Token Psychopath

For those of you who might not have a clue as to what I'm talking about...

First, a shot of when Lee opened the gates.

Second, a shot of when Kakazu's hand got darker.

Just for perspective.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  9. Bakage Nin-Extraordinaire

Yeah, Gates. Thats a possibility. Also, take note that only a part of Kakuzu's arm got darker. The part after the two black stripes.

Could that mean something, like Kakuzu can control the chakra gates precisely? or something like an ability to control how much chakra a specific tenketsu(s) can produce? Now thats interesting.

10. Futagokage Runaway Kage

It sounds very logic to me, They said that he goes on rage and kill his partners, that sounds like the 7th (shock) gate to me.

Great theory.

11. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

It's plausible. However I doubt its gonna be as simple as that, there must be something much more to it than just opening gates. I'd say its gonna be more complex than opening gates.

12. Godeiche The Great Sharincat

Could that possibly lead us to believe that the reinforcements we've been hinted on would be Team Gai? A pure Taijutsu battle would be VERY interesting to see, with Lee, Gai and Neji battling it out against Kakuzu...

Oh, and a little something: someone was inquiring about the clips on Kakuzu's arms... Could they be restraints, just like those weights Lee and Gai are wearing?

13. syrup Don't Judge Me

hmmm...this kind of works with the theory that kakuszu is dead...maybe he opened all the gates...I still think there is more to it though as gates arn't that amazing i mean gai barely beat 30% kisame when he opened quite a few of them.

14. shady0008 Ore wa usoppu

someone from another thread said his a jigsaw ninja whose made of different parts
    if this is true~ which i think it is
    then those arms could have belonged to a previous gate opener oooor they were made originally for him and theyre attacehd by those clips
    which makes him kinda like a frankenstein monster made up from diff body parts
    :p and since hidans appearance resembles dracula/ grim reaper----
    this theory fits well with the monster theme!!!
    does anyone agree???

15. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

When i first saw the title i thought 'Heeeere we go' and roled my eyes, even after reading the post was i a bit 'riiiight'.

After seeing the picture though, i reallly think you could be onto something. Obviously his hand going darker had something to do with strenght of the punch, or it wouldnt of happened just before hand.

Heres a thing, i dont have the chapter, but have a look at when he grabs Nibi's paw...does his hands get dark then?

16. CrazyMoronX Old Man

His arm is rocket-fueled. Or something. I'm not making any predictions yet, but I don't think it's gates.

17. Nelo there?s a funny story for that

it really seems like one of the more likely theories here... just watch the subtle hint of the gate that Kakuzu smashed. It would be truely ironic if he "opened" a gate with opened gates. (I know it was lame, ok?)

And if I?m not too wrong, one of the chakra gates is placed inside the head, right? You truely have a really good point there.

18. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

OMG
    grey = grey
    total unquestional proof!
    (Yeah, it's possible.. but it could also be many other things)

19. shady0008 Ore wa usoppu

no darkness can be seen when he blocks the nekomatas attack meaning he is already naturally strong

20. shady0008 Ore wa usoppu

21. Omni Token Psychopath

Yeah, but so is Lee/Gai as well. Remember that the gate Kakuzu smashed the hell out of was a "sealed" gate, or some such thing, so it was probably harder than usual to simply knock down with normal strength.

It would certainly be interesting if the backup is Gai's squad, we could see a battle between 3 gate openers (assuming that's where Kakazu actually gets his power from), and possibly the most gnarly taijutsu battle yet.

The Frankenstein and the Zombie theories DO fit in with this one quite niceley...if he was a frankenstein, then his arms could be chopped from someone else who had abilities to open gates, and if he was a zombie, he could open all 8 of the gates without dying, or at least we would assume.

22. shady0008 Ore wa usoppu

your point being????

23. Sasouke Raikiri ftw

I approve of its a plausible theory. Good job thinking it out.
    Bet now i will get a little of topic. Who said that Gai barely deffeted Kisame????? When Gai opened the gates the fight was ove, just like that and he didnt open to many of them either. A 100% Kisame might have something to put up against that but the 30% had no chance. He got pwned.

24. Omni Token Psychopath

Just saying that just because he's already naturally strong, doesn't mean that he doesn't need to open gates every once in a while, if nessesary... smile-big

Basically, stopping the paw of a Jinchuriki may have been easier in this case than smashing open a sealed gate made by a really powerful monk.

25. shady0008 Ore wa usoppu

he opened the 6th gate/ 8 that isnt much???

26. shady0008 Ore wa usoppu

i never disagreed with you

i posted the scan because shikamaru-sama asked for it and i commented that his hands aren't dark meaning he didn't open any "gates"

27. ku1jt Elite Jounin

I think Kakuzu doesn't need to open any gate.

28. Epizeuxis Success is overrated

I think this is possible, but unlikely. Having some other reason/ability for his power would be more interesting.

And if he did open gates, then wouldn't there be an aura of chakra eminating from him as he did so (like with Lee or Gai)?

29. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

He can open one gate. Fire temple gate.

30. Sub-Zero GB's Lin Kuei Master

I think if Kakuzu opened gates he would be toooo strong. I mean holy crap he would be able to knock your head off by tapping your forehead.