1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Kakuzu's weakness exposed by Hidan

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by konohamaru_rocks, Sep 28, 2006.

1. konohamaru_rocks New Member

if you guys noticed in the last chapter, when hidan got out of the circle, he quickly yelled for help to kakuzu, but he didnt react at all. the interesting part is the conversation after hidan's head was cut off. he begins by saying that kakuzu let that happen because he was slow. kakuzu's reaction was hidan shouldve asked for help earlier.

and if you noticed like 2 chapters ago, when kakuzu snuck in from shikamaru's behind, the punch didnt even connect. that just shows that kakuzu really is one slow guy.

kakuzu is probably a character that has a massive power, but in exchange, is slow.

if the fight goes on, team asuma might have a chance to beat/defeat kakuzu, but they need shikamaru though. shika can tag kakuzu with his shadown bind jutsu if kakuzu doesnt pay attention.

EDIT: oops i forgot to add one last sentence to last paragraph, im going to add that kakuzu takes time to unload his massive power, hence why he couldnt help hidan right out.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Lastier ̣

Your analytical skills are even better then those of Shikamaru. You dont even need to see an enemy fight once and already know his weakness.

:wtf

3. MasamuneX7 Akatsuki Overlord

If Kakuzu connected with that punch, Shikamaru's brains would've been all over the place. The point was to get him to release his bind on Hidan.

Would you prefer:

A. Kakuzu connects with his super punch. Shikamaru miraculously survives the hit and is in perfect condition because he's too crucial in this fight.

or

B. Kakuzu misses the punch. Shikamaru dodges it because he's too crucial in this fight to just die like that.

4. konohamaru_rocks New Member

i think you are missing the point, bro. the real point is that kakuzu really wanted to kill shikamaru with one punch, but slow as he is, shikamaru dodged it. that chapter foreshadowed how slow kakuzu is. do you really think kakuzu wanted to punch a building just to get shikamaru to stop shadown bind? im sure as hell that kakuzu wanted to kill him with that punch.

5. Shisui is dead

He moved pretty fast on the last page when he jumped over to grab Hidan's head, actually.

6. konohamaru_rocks New Member

you cant tell that kakuzu moved pretty fast to grab hidan. kakuzu might've been walking already while kakuzu is talking. :)

what do you call kakuzu's attack in shikamaru's back? he is slow, or else that surprise attack wouldve connected.

7. Shisui is dead

No, dude, check out the last page of 325 again. He does one of those ninja vanish flash steps from where he was standing over to Hidan's head. Standard shinobi stuff, but he's definitely not slow by any means.

8. superattackpea Member

i could have sworn hat hidan said he was the slowest of akastuki

9. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

Yeah Kakazu was over by Hidan's head almost instantly (which looked more than 10 metres away). He did that moves as a blur thing. Then again scrub ninja can do that too.

It's possible that Hidan was mocking Kakazu when he called himself the slowest.

10. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

No, Shikamaru is just fast. Remember that Shikamaru is the #1 ninja at running away. And don't forget how he dodged Temari's attack from a lying down position and jumped to two kunai wedged into the stadium wall in an instant.

11. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

Yeah, because Hidan also went "You know I get angry really fast" which pissed Kakuzu off.
    He's been mocking Kakuzu there.

12. Shinnou Genkaku It must be true if I say it

He said that in relation to his attack speed. He uses his scythe which is slower than a ninjutsu and his taijutsu isnt too fast either. Other people are saying that Kakazu is slow, they mean his foot speed not his attack speed. He did the flash steps to get Hidans head but even genin can do that so its not saying much. Kakazu is strong physically so maybe he really is slow.

13. 9TalesOfDestruction I hate filler

yeah....i was about to say that......

this post could be true......especially when you go back to when they were first introduced....and kakuzu's speach about not controling his bloodlust ect......+ hidan's sarcasm.....

Kakuzu is probably the slowest yet strongest....

14. geminis Active Member

I think kakuzu is faster than Hidan. But who gives a fuck about my opinion really?

15. Sypher Red Dawn

Kakuzu knew Hidan was immortal, he knew Hidan getting his head cut off wouldn't kill him. The two already don't get along, he just let it happen on purpose, the conversation even blatantly hints towards that, just to piss Hidan off. He's not slow, he just wants to annoy the shit out of Hidan while he has the chance.

16. ~Kaio-Cam~ Katon, Ryukken no Jutsu

nice, i think ur absolutely right. This may X out the retreat plan.

17. Gunners .

Kakuzu was being a prick towards him, basically telling him ''No'' '''This is where our partnership ends I getting my reward''.

18. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Asuma can barely stand, Shikamaru's out of chakra, and the two chuunins are thier only defense.

If it's a fight, they're screwed.

19. MF NaruSimpson In memory of Trayvon

kakuzu might be the slowest, i think hidan was mocking him ,as others have suggested.

20. MasamuneX7 Akatsuki Overlord

No, you're missing the point, bro. Shikamaru has plot protecting him and could not die there. Either Kakuzu's punch misses him or Kakuzu's super punch connects but Shikamaru survives, which makes Kakuzu look really bad. You make the call. The plot required someone to break the shadow bind on Hidan and needed a way to bring Kakuzu into the scene. It wasn't foreshadowing jackshit. Stop trying to look so deeply into everything.

21. 7thHokage The philosopher.

Kazuzu's pocket is too fat right now thats why he was so slwo didnt you see that money case in his hand:amuse team
    asuma is in deep trouble, Kurenai better shows up fast before Asuma and his team get killed.

22. Segan 100th Dan Brawler

The point that Kakuzu is "slow" is a reasonable one. I think it's safe to assume that Shikamaru's taijutsu abilities aren't the greatest, so he basically shouldn't have been able to dodge a punch of a S-class ninja that close. But the fact that he dodged, is a good argument for Kakuzu being slow.

23. zomg Banned

So blatantly that no one said it before.

24. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

Kakuzu is not slower than Hidan as Hidan is the slowest member.

Your argument that "he missed Shimamaru so he must be slow" doesn't hold water. It was for the plot. Shikamaru NOTICED someone behind hime and managed to escape in time. Even then Kakuzu was right behind him.

25. konohamaru_rocks New Member

funny you said "it wasnt foreshadowing jackshit", when hidan ,from the very beginning, foreshadowed how his jutsu (not sure if it is) and you tell me it wasnt foreshadowing anything?

another funny thing when you told me to stop looking so deeply into everything, you know if you dont analyze anything, you wont figure out an answer. what i said on the first post was what i analyzed so far, and i didnt look deeply about it, i thought it was just common sense.
    and stop contradicting yourself, man. you said in the middle of your post "your call" yet you tell me to stop trying (which im not lol) to look so deeply into everything.

im guessing your a kakuzu fan. to each his own, right? :amuse

we wont know till the latter chapters about the real truth. but if im right, then you heard it first from me ;)

peace

26. konohamaru_rocks New Member

i think you guys need to re-read what i posted. i never said kakuzu is the slowest, i said "KAKUZU IS SLOW" there is a big difference between slow and slowest.

i just based my judgement from what im reading from the recent and up-to-date chapters of naruto, and i posted my mere opinion, not a fact. :)

27. CM Pope The Holy Father

Hidan asked for help and Kakuzu, knowing that Hidan's head-lopping wouldn't be too big of a deal ignored him and let it happen.

It was blatantly a "Well you said not to interfere" moment...he even says so himself so it's not that Kakuzu was 'too slow to stop it' or that Hidan 'left it too late' it's just Kakuzu's wicked sense of humour.

28. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Slow to action, not slow movement.

Kakuzu is probably very fast, most taijutsu people are.

29. Jin-E Well-Known Member

How come Hidan said that his attack speed was the slowest in Akatski? He didnt look slow to me when he nearly pulverized Shikamaru early on in the fight.

30. Splintered Active Member

I seriously doubt it meant he's slow in fighting. He's probably compaining because he didn't help out sooner, hence "slow." If Hidan's the slowest and claims to be so, I wouldn't think he would criticize Kakuzu's speed.