1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Attention:

From now on, all kinds of threads concerning the upcoming movie will be moved to the Telegrams, so make sure to post your threads there from the get to go.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Kale might make more sense than we think

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Yoshua, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

Alright, alright, now hear me out for a moment before I start getting dogpiled on this topic... but if you think about it, Kale's transformations actually could make some sense.

I was doing some thinking about it earlier, about her Super Saiyan Berserk form, and it got the gears in my head turning about how she unlocked her power and everything, as well as her control SSJ form that she now has under her belt. Then it hit me.

What if her SS Berserk form is the super saiyan spirit overwhelming and possessing her?

Now again, before anybody starts typing up a response, hear me out on this.

Back in DB and early DBZ, we saw that the Oozaru form was the more primal form of the saiyans, and those unskilled in using it succumb to its primal desires for destruction and wanton rampage. Goku and Gohan both showed this off when they went crazy after transforming.

THEN, when Goku first used his SSJ form, the first form in the series, his blind anger caused him to turn into the SSJ, and we had characters like Freeza and Gohan wondering if that was even Goku anymore, because of how harsh and cold he had become while using it. Only after years of training did Goku gain control.

In these instances, when first unlocking a Saiyans power, the user seems to almost get possessed by primal instincts and become much more vicious than they ever were.

Now, in Kales case, we see this the two times she's transformed. In those 2 times, she pities herself for being so weak, being so pitiful and pathetic, mentally weakening herself. Almost to a point where if something that was trying to possess her wanted to, it could take over...

Hence her berserk form coming out. In those instances, the raging spirit of the super saiyan came out and possessed her body with the ferocity of the Oozaru, wishing for nothing more than mayhem and destruction, which we can see given how she attacks indiscriminately (like against Caulifla before getting taken out by Jiren)

Then there's her SSJ form. In this instance, she was upset at herself for being pathetic, but this time her rage was more like when Gohan first became a SSJ. Instead of pity, she was angry at herself for her weaknesses, and that anger manifested into a rage to stop being so weak, thus turning into SSJ. While not as powerful as Berserk, she now isn't being possessed by that primal urge to kill.

Now that she's tamed the SSJ spirit, it seems that she can use Berserk, but it just uses up a lot of energy, which seems to make sense since the last 2 times she's used it, she's passed out and has been observed as having unstable energy. So while she can tap into that primal energy now with some control, it still fights against her body and causes it to tire out quickly.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

I never thought Kale didn't make sense. It's just that people are too hung up on the Broly thing. They seem to be under the impression that because Kale is based off of Broly, she must be just like him in every regard, including power, so it makes them kinda sperg out to find out that her power is much higher than Broly's was.

4. TheWiggian World's Strongest

Flag:
    Germany
    Kale is simply a rip off of a filler villian, or to make it more precise of a non canon failure that had 3 entrances and lost them all.

5. Dave Grohl I'm your fool

Kale is a product of literal lazy writing. Fucking copy and paste. But, I enjoyed her in this last episode.

Def, Renso > Kale > Caulifla = Cabba.

6. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

If a ningen hates it when the power becomes an absolute maximum of a maximum, then Kale isn't the waifu for them. :hm

8. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

Meanwhile, Kale's slight muscle flex rips through nerds' frail origami waifus like paper. :skysun

9. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

Kale is just a big green rage monster with a limited vocabulary.

You should see the amount of self loathing Bruce Banner has in the comics.

Also like Kale, in the 80s Banner got more control.

10. IshidaQuincy Quincies Rule, Shinigami Drool

11. Luiz Well-Known Member

I wish they they had waited longer to give Kale control over LSS. After all, the U7 Sayajins spent the entire Cell arc trying achieve a new form which was shown in Goku staying in SS form 24/7 to get used to it and Trunks' failed experiment with USS.

Beyond that, I have no problem with HOW she did it because Gohan didn't exactly do a deep analysis of how SS works in order to transform into SS2. It was triggered by emotions.

12. Superman Well-Known Member

I have no problem because I have went through Fairy Tail. Nothing else in any manga or anime can trigger me ever again...

13. Fusion Well Known-Member

Berserker does seem to be a lot closer to how the SSJ legend was initially described.

Maybe this is what Vegeta meant by it being the saiyans' true form? :hm

14. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

To be fair, the base u7 saiyans back then were much, MUCH weaker than the u6 saiyans that appeared in the tournament arc. It seems to be once you've hit a certain threshold of power that ssj becomes an available option.

15. Blade DAN DAN

she is a gender bender version of Swoly

Swoly for decades now is a large mountain of money

Kale on the other hand is

a large mountain of lesbo crap :mjlol :mjlol

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  16. AlphaMaleScotty Famalam

Head canon aside, Kale isn't much worse than Goku and Gohan were when they first debuted.

17. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    You wanna delete this and try again before someone less polite than I sees it?

18. Crimson Dragoon Red Eyes

BetaMaleScotty is the guy who hires people to draw him with his waifus

he's beyond help :skully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.