1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Kamichu!

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Friend, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Friend Professional Misanthrope

Is anyone watching this show? It's about a little girl named Yurie that one day turns into a god. She now has powers that she has to figure out what to do with.

It's awfully cute. It reminds me a lot of Spirited Away with all it's little creatures. It might be "boring" to some but I find it very interesting! It's not very Naruto-ey I doubt anyone will die or get seriously hurt, ever, but it's definetly worth a look.

Bittorrent downloads are here

The group who is fansubbing it is

Official Site (if you can read Japanese):

Tags:
  2. Dannyz Hinata Fanboy

seems really "girly" if you ask me. a lot like azumanga diaoh, fruits basket, uta kata, etc. it does not interest me that much.

edit: oh yeah the word i was looking for was "shoujo".

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  3. UchihaMorphine Zero_Respect

Yep, watch first episode, not interested, doesnt have a touch of action, ecchi or magical, watched it and almost fell asleep...

4. Friend Professional Misanthrope

I shoud've put NEW GIRLY ANIME in the title. I'm a girl so I guess that's why I like it.

5. UchihaMorphine Zero_Respect

LOL :smile-big

6. santosj The End is Near

I'm a God Anime Series (Kamichu)

Damn, I finally get my hard drive working and I can't find it because the original name is in Japanese.

It starts out with a young girl talking with her friend that is a god and it starts off making you wonder if she is telling the truth or full of herself. Anyway, she likes (or loves) this one guy who has no idea who she is. He likes painting or something of the sort.

Towards the end of the first episode, she (the goddess) creates a storm with her face inside of it and threatens her home. The boy becomes endangered so she flys (?) up to him and the storm ends. Her hair grows really long during the process and it finally becomes known that she is a god.

The second episode has her going to the world of the god to find out some more about being a god or something. Been like 6 months since I've seen it. Damn good series and I would like to finish watching the rest of the series.

7. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the anime "Kamichu". Wannabe fansubs are/were subbing the series. I only have the first 6 episodes. Don't know if they're going to sub the rest or if anyone else is going to finish the series.

8. R?d??l_?? The W?rd

Unless they don't follow standard protocal, they can't sub it because Geneon has the license. The first DVD is slated for release June 6th.

9. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

LOL..it's wannabe who subbed it, so they tend to follow the rules. But there other fansubs more than willing to do it even if the show was licensed. There just isn't a group withou enough interest to start subbing a series that has already been licensed :oh

10. Crizo I-Is that you?

To tell you the truth ive never see it.....

11. santosj The End is Near

I'll probably just buy it when it comes out in June, since it isn't that far away. It is a good series, slow paced as fast as a snail. How to watch the first episode in four sittings to get over the fact that she might or might not be a god like she says. After that it looks awesome.