1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

kankuro vs. neji (post-timeskip)

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Butō Rengoob, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

it's been bugging me for a while so i wanted to ask who would win neji or kankuro. i would have to say kankuro because the fact he has 3 puppets would count against neji. not to mention he's probably had more mission expirience ( considering he's the kazekage's brother and right hand man).

Tags:
  2. auau Member

Neji would win. His Byakugan sees all commong puppetry tricks that Kankurou uses and he is fast enough to dodge it. Unless Kankurou uses puppets the level of Sasori's hitokugutsu this battle is Neji's.

Kankurou vs Lee however would be interesting as Lee only has speed going for him.

3. AuxunauxiaNoname 螺旋派侠客

With Neji's perfected kaiten, weapons are going to be pretty much useless against him.

And with Byakugan, puppet tricks are unlikely to work, unless Kankuro can somehow give puppets human chakara systems.

However, poisonous gas and explosive stuff might do some damage if they have enough intensity.

The poison would have to be fast acting, and Kankuro's evasion skills would have to be super-top-notch, in other words his speed has to be way up the chart.

Haven't checked up Kankuro's records up on the data books. But the way I see it, the only way I see Kankuro winning is if his speed beats Neji.

That or if he has instant-kill poisonous gas.

And it really does have to be instant-kill. Cause with Neji... we're talking about a guy that can deliver a killing move with a hole in his chest for goodness sakes. XD

4. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

ahhhh....well if you remember he is a jonin so his skills go beyond puppetry. also he probably has more mission expierience than neji, also he does have sanshouo which is, at the moment a wild card, but he can defend him self with his puppets. also i noticed he must be very good with his puppets because if you notice he loses his kunai holster thus showing his reliance on puppets. and if he relies on puppets, neji can't destroy those so easily.

5. gabha GB's Norman

Not necessarily, and whatever argument you bring for him being a jounin we can as well for Neji, since he's of the same rank.

6. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

i'm saying neji won't be able to catch him so easily. also notice the rest of my argument not one sentence.

7. gabha GB's Norman

The rest of your second Argument was nothing Auxunauxia's post didn't address. Well, except maybe the wild card arguments, but even that was easily defeated by Hiruko, who as we saw didn't have much of a penetrating power.

8. Ebonystar one step closer to shining...

I don't see how mission experience has that much of an impact. Sure missions teach you things but...This is a fight, one against the other. And Im with Aux on this one; that Neji fighting against weapons is pointless, especially after the timeskip. Also on the "kankuro would have to make it swift and instant" And Yes Kankuro is also a jounin but all we've seen him use are puppets, not much jounin skill (not saying that he doesn't have any).

9. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

well the fight with sasori wasn't a good show for kankuro but you're talking about akasuna no sasori who was by far the best puppet master of all time. he defeated the third kazekage easily. also kankuro is a puppeteer not a puppet master their is a difference. puppet masters are stronger like chiyo and monzaemon, while kankuro was just a puppeteer and not as skilled. oh and before i forget sasori made kankuro's puppets so he could defeat them easily anway. but we haven't seen kankuro's true skill so we don't really know what he can do.

shit,i almost forgot, auxu you said neji fought with a hole in him, well kuro was too how do you think he got poisoned. and he nearly killed sasori towards the end of the fight.

10. AuxunauxiaNoname 螺旋派侠客

Mind giving me a chapter, so I can re-read the Kankuro vs. Sasori part? I think I might have missed it :sweat

I know he fought him, but I don't remember a really big battle sequence.

I'd probably know more about Kankuro's post timeskip attacks if I re-read that particular battle.

----

There's a difference between dealing a killing move while having a hole in you... and still being able to fight with a hole in you.

Neji killed Kidoumaru after he got stabbed at two critical spots, that under normal circumstances for any normal person should have killed him pretty much instantly.

Blood loss should have killed him by the time he did his final strike. But somehow Neji just does not die.

Take a look at this:

Spoiler: Hole number one

7-8 inches above the heart, and he's still alive?

Spoiler: Hole number two

That one must have at least hit a gut...

Spoiler: And... jyuuken?

In the anime, he did the 64 hakkushou attack... How does he even think when he's in that condition?

Stabbing him 7 inches above the heart, and it does pretty much nothing.

Stab him in the gut... nothing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  11. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

well unforunately we didn't see the fight with sasori so we don't know what kankuro can do which is why no one should underestimate him against anyone else.

now neji, the holes weren't gaping, as for kuro the wound was probably near his abdominal region thus his guts must have been hanging out and he was poisoned. the mere fact HE was still going is extraordinary. now kidomaru wasn't that strong any way, meanwhile sasori was kage level and above. hell chiyo and sakura would've died if sasori hadn't given up.

12. AuxunauxiaNoname 螺旋派侠客

^_^ Could you show me some pictures?

I had to suffer through looking at pictures of Neji with holes in him. I don't like seeing Neji suffer so much.

Now in turn, to show your own dedication, you must look for a picture of Kankuro with the wound you mentioned in order to prove your point.

It's only fair after all, ne?

13. gabha GB's Norman

They are on chapters 250 and 251.

Check here to view the pages if you don't have them in your PC.

14. Ebonystar one step closer to shining...

The holes weren't gaping?!? C'mon did you not see? We're calling them "holes" because there is no flesh in two certain circular areas on his body...that sounds a bit more leathal than gaping.
    And we don't know if Kankuro's entrails were hanging out or not, you even said "probably" and "must have been." The only fact you have there is that he was indeed poisoned.
    As for kidomaru, Neji was only a genin when he defeated him, while kidomaru had training from orochimaru plus a curse. If the curses aren't that powerful then why does everyone make a big deal about them? Sasori defeated in the end by a chounin and an elder didn't he? isn't that a point?

15. AuxunauxiaNoname 螺旋派侠客

My biggest point... was that Neji was still able to STAND with the two holes in him, and deliver a killing attack of the intensity of the 64 hakkushou, or at least an attack that requires major precision.

I found the picture of Kankuro after his battle with Sasori.

Spoiler:

Arigatou gabha-kun. ^_^

I need Ookami-san to point out the hole, because I can't see it... :sweat

Maybe the same thing like with that KankuTen picture...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  16. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

for crying out loud..... i said he might have a hole in his gut it's only obvious...and for the last time in the kankuten scene she is looking in kankuro's direction.

anyway.... iv'e thought a bit about it and i've come to more conclusions..first neji uses more chakra to fight due to his juuken taijutsu and the kaiten on the other hand kankuro needs very little chakra, all he has to do is make one connection with his strings and thats it, so in a prolonged battle kankuro would win due to neji's chakra loss.

and i've come up with a few scenarios that shows the kaiten since you all say it would block everything kankuro has) is not perfect...
    for example let's say kuro attacks with karasu from long range, neji dodges the attack then karasu goes toward neji to attack with his bladed ribs neji's only option is the kaiten, realizing neji's move kankuro backs karasu off, the moment neji is done another puppet attacks....then neji gets it. i highly doubt neji is so good he can immediately begin another.

now on defence all kankuro has to do is keep a puppet close to him to block neji's attack.

17. Ebonystar one step closer to shining...

How is it obvious? Please enlighten me with a how because i don't see it. (Apparently neither does Aux.) And you haven't made more conclusions, they're assumptions. You're assuming that kankuro doesn't use that much chakra and how much chakra he has. You're also assuming that kakuro isn't going to get hit at-all-what-so-ever. Give Neji more credit, geez. He isn't labled a genius for nothing. Im pretty sure Neji's attacks include more than just kaiten and hakkeshou.
    At the defense thing, the puppet only moves as fast as the puppet master, now if you consider how fast Neji's attacks can be (which are pretty fast if he can beat lee who's a different story) Then would'nt Neji be able to get some hits in?

18. The Truth Active Member

Since i'm passing through...
    Kankurou has to maintain a constant chakra connection with all his puppets, you could argue that he uses more chakra then Neji. Either way there is no way to tell, you conclusion is pretty insubstantial.
    Kidomaru tried a similar strategy and it failed. Also your forgeting that Neji can see for 800 meters in all directions, he won't be surprised by any of Kankuro's attacks.
    A puppeteer's natural weakness is a taijutsu user, that is why Sasori was always inside Hiruko. Kank has no such protection. Neji could evade a sky full of kunai from Kido without having to resort to kaiten, he could dodge Kank's puppets and attack him(he'll be vulnerable).

I'm donesmile-big

19. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

hell yeah he'd get hits in but you guys are underrating kankuro. his puppets can go fast as hell, as with the fight between him and sakon/ukon. and he doesnt get piosoned without first sustaining an injury from hiruko's tail. not to mention from pure logic, something you must lack, it's obvious he uses less chakra theyr'e only strings,come on people.

20. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

well he's never seen kuro fight so he would be suprised.

21. The Truth Active Member

Of course he has, the chuunin exam. And Neji can see Kankurou and his puppets. Using his vision he can see inside the puppets and their mechanisms. That means Kank loses the element of surprise that is so important to puppeteers. Simply a bad matchup for your favorite character.

22. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

no he hasn't he wasn't present during his fight with shino and i doubt he even thought to check karasu when he fought misumi. and it isn't a bad match up for my character because they'd counter each others attacks.

23. The Truth Active Member

Neji was there during the chuunin exam was he not? I didn't even mention anything about Shino.

And they don't counter each others attacks because is doesn't work both ways. Kank can't nullify Neji's strengths however Neji can to Kank. Puppetmaster's are weak against taijutsu, I don't see how that is an advantage at all...

24. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

ahhhh.... again i'll say he can use his puppets to defend himself and unless neji's taijutsu can destroy puppets he can't get to kankuro. and yes neji was there at the exams but never witnessed karasu's strength because kankuro forfeited his match against shino and all he did to mismui was crush him.

25. The Truth Active Member

Neji can kaiten Kankuro and his puppets to pieces. Seriously Neji could use Hakke Kusho and blow his puppets out of the way. And your forgetting that if Kank uses the puppets for defense then he can't attack effectively.

26. xKrazYx Hakke: Rokujuu Yonsho!

First of all, Neji would kick Kankurou's ass.

Second of all, the Neji supporters have given solid proof of their argument while you gave nothing except assumptions.

Third, your scenario in which Kaiten does not work is stupid because Neji is not gonna Kaiten unless HE HAS NO OTHER CHOICE AND IS SURE THAT HE ATTACK IS GONNA HIT. Also, you have no idea how fast he can start another kaiten. Also, you said couple of scenarios when all you came up with is one. And that one is crappy.

Fourth, you're assuming that Kankurou having one puppet close to him is gonna prevent Neji from even touching him? HAHAHAHAHHAHA. Neji is the freaking genius of the Hyuuga clan. He mastered Jyuuken, is fast enough to beat LEE, and has Byakugan. What in the freaking world makes you think that once Neji is close to Kankurou, ONE PUPPET, or even in that matter TEN PUPPETS can prevent Neji from landing even 1 blow? Hell, 1 is all that he would need. And technically, if he does Kaiten from that range, he could disconnect all the chakra strings. Sure Kankurou could reconnect them, but in that small timeframe Neji could Hakk combo his ass. Once Neji gets withint 15 feet of Kankurou, it's over.

THE ONLY THING KANKUROU HAS GOING FOR HIM IS POISON. That's the ONLY way he could win.

But last of all, Neji would kick Kankurou's ass.

27. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

no karasu can attack long range as well so it provides him cover as well as keeping neji on his toes. and no he couldn't blow his puppets away his taijustu attacks organs and aren't effective against wood also he'd only need one to defend not all three. kaiten could damage his puppets but naruto got a full blast of it and he has flesh so multiple kaiten's could do the job. but not one.

28. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

ok you're talking with emotion and feeling you have to use logic and assumptions and what you've seen in the manga/anime. don't bring your neji fandom in here because im not bringing my kankuro fandom here so pay me some respect you ass.

29. The Truth Active Member

This is highly unproductive, i've lost interest. Perhaps someone with more patience will continue this "debate" with you.

30. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

i am patient but you guys make neji out to be some kind of god among men which isn't cool at all and is unfair to me and all other fans of kankuro. i wasn't saying kankuro would pummel neji i'm saying he would have a fighting chance but you guys don't listen to reason. all you guys do is glorify neji just cause he's neji. if naruto had a chance against neji certainly kankuro would too.