1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Kanye West Visits Trump to Discuss Prison Reform, Violence

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by reiatsuflow, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:51 PM.

1. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

I know it's sourced by some sacramento fox station, but none of the other articles had topic appropriate headlines. Most of the coverage is shuck and jive over the reliably weird things kanye said about feeling like superman and how he's fine wine.

So under the presumption of something meaningful coming from the kardashian/kanye trump visits...

This is what interests me about trump. It could be the president catering to his celebrity fans because trump's been doing that forever, but the benefits of trump not being a very thoughtful person is that I think he's amenable to flattery and reacting. Maybe it's an opening. Same with kardashian visiting trump about criminal justice reform.

I'm probably being naive, but maybe it'll have a positive impact underneath all the flattery and caping.

Tags:
  2. Superstars Well-Known Member

I saw a clip of Kanye's speech/rant about how putting on the MAGA hat made him feel like Superman... Trump was just kind of sitting there with a dumbfounded expression.

As for whether Kanye's visit is actually going to move Trump policy-wise, I doubt it.

4. Chelydra Devour them all.

Obama was right about Ye and it's funny because it is true.

6. Death Certificate Well-Known Member

That we are stuck with this shit instead of focusing on say, damages to the Florida Panhandle by Hurricane Michael or that the WP contributor was killed and his death was arranged by Saudi officials while Trump likely knew about?

8. GRIMMM The Black Empire

9. Pliskin Well-Known Member

You're all laughing now but there is a 20% chance you will end up with him as potus the way America is going now.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sad! x 1
    • List
  10. Esdese Well-Known Member

before trump I would have said it was impossible but u have trump winning and dogs becoming mayor so anything is possible

11. Vivo Diez OBEY

I love Kanye. He and Trump are two points in space tearing the fabric of everyone's reality.

Too bad for America tho huh :goose

12. Son of Goku Doesn't need a Custom Title

I liked it. Sure, he rambled a lot, jumped from here to there and didn't always make sense. But his overall message? Nothing wrong with that.

The hate and vitriol that this is met with, that is the problem.

13. blakstealth Club Bangerz

I also thought he brought up some good points. It's a shame so many people are trashing on him.

14. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Yee is Free. :blessed

The Left can't handle it, because if his actions/speech translates to more black americans thinking for themselves, Lefties will lose their black slave voters that they need to win elections. So, they have to stop Kanye by all measures.:ufdup

15. Morglay .

It was just two buffoons rambling for an hour. Kanye is mentally ill..what's Trump's excuse?

17. GrimaH Absurdist

18. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Presidents don't usually have televised meetings with rappers. :maybe

I mean I know he's trying to sway the African American community (won't work we're disgusted with Ye for the most part) I'm asking why was he rambling on the same level as Kanye?

19. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Ye needs to take an Africa trip like Chappelle did for a while and get his mind right.

Its like he can't help but be someone's fool. If not Jay-Z's then the Kardashian family. If not the Kardashians then Trump. Wheres College Dropout Mr. West? Yeezus gotta go.

20. RemChu † apotheosis †

21. RemChu † apotheosis †

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  22. HolyHands Let me touch you

Lot of people on the right, especially the older folks, probably see Kanye as some spokesman for black people. They really want to turn the black vote, which so far isn't happening outside of a small handful of black men. Trump's overall approval among black people is still in the toilet.

Do conservatives see us as just mindless apes who will join their party en masse because Kanye bootlicked Trump for an hour? Do they think most of us can't see through their ruse that their "be a free thinker" talking point obviously translates to "support Trump without question"? Do they really think we don't realize that conservatives will turn on Kanye in a millisecond if he changes his mind?

Kanye can support whoever he wants, as it's his right. A musical artist does not dictate the political views of an entire racial demographic.

23. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

They figure what's good for the goose will be good for the gander, and so will always try to find that one token person from a demographic that they truly believe will pull in all the rest. It's really sickening.

24. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

Lets not pretend this is some high summit meeting Kanye is so out of touch and rants and rambles so incoherently he’s not the man to speak on behalf of non-violent offenders or families living on the streets
    The man wore sandals to a wedding for christ sake

25. Cardboard Tube Knight Well-Known Member

Kanye’s going to end up the new UN Ambassador...

26. GRIMMM The Black Empire

The hope is that trump doesn't have a particular policy in mind about certain things.

Kanye wouldn't change his mind. But kanye (kanye's celebrity) might give him an idea.

Republicans don't have to win over black demos so long as they damage black demos trust in democrats or bring up disagreeable conversations that sew discord. If they hurt democrats, they help themselves. If conservatives threw a bone towards prison reform, I think that would help them. It doesn't have to translate to a vote. Muddying the waters is just as effective as mounting a convincing argument.

And demographic groups don't vote as free thinking individuals. That's erratic. If you boil us all down to our vote we're actually kind of monolithic. AAs are reliably democrat regardless of the particular democrat's policies. Uneducated whites are reliably republican even when the republican's policies don't help them. We're not carefully combing over the finer points of these things and we're voting on culture as much as we are on policy.

28. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

That's that dragon energy for ya.

29. Huey Freeman The Gent

We the hispanic delegation will not accept any trade for Kanye West from the Black Delegation.

30. Superstars Well-Known Member

Trump even knows this guy is an idiot. But he also knows the american public is just as stupid. so if he just lets Kanye come in and speak just to possibly better his image he will do it. However Trump really isn't considering anything this guys says, cause Trump is saying you are the problem. It's a publicity tactic...

:hestonpls