1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Fall Karakuri Circus

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by MusubiKazesaru, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Other information and casting.

Tags:
  2. Fry J Vigilant

Great first episode. The opening is dope and that soundtrack :bury Feels like old school anime.

Ushio to Tora is dope so I'm hoping this adaptation will be even better. Shirogane and Narumi is :blobcuddle

3. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit and the direction has the same sort of impact that the Ushio to Tora anime had.

It seems like the author also worked with the staff again to properly cut down the series so they should hopefully be able to deliver just like with that anime.

4. John Sheppard Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should fap to the stand looking puppet or to Shirogane herself

5. John Sheppard Well-Known Member

-beautiful top tier waifu voiced by Megumi Hayashibara;
    -old school shounen;
    -interesting setting;
    -hype opening and ending songs;

It's a pretty fun watch and it has a lot of potential to grow into something great.

6. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

7. White Wolf the defeated Super Moderator

Getting into this now. First episode was pretty great, Narumi is awesome and being voiced by Rikiya is superb, really get some strong Takamura vibes from him.

Looks very promising, looking forward to catching up to the rest of the eps.

8. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Considering Koyama was Tora in Ushio to Tora I instead get vibes from that, but yeah I'm always hearing Takamura from him too :lmao

Let me know how you like it.

9. White Wolf the defeated Super Moderator

OOooof episode 3 :bury
    MASARU!!! Talk about becoming a man early on christ puts a lot of shounen MCs to shame.
    Didn't expect the old dude to legit beat the shit out of him, that was extreme but damn worthwhile, he's gonna regret it S O O N.
    Slaughter team signing off to Masaru's side is a good way to progress and Narumi already showed some sympathy towards them.

Favorite part in the ep had to be the moments between Narumi and Shirogane, in general their energy throughout the episodes has been really great, don't normally bother with pairings but they're so perfect.

As far as episode 4 goes...
    Spoiler:

:uwah

The MAL image has Narumi with a puppet arm(?) so I'm assuming he's still alive and will just be modified... would be a lot better than him dying and being turned into a puppet... right? RIGHT? OH GOD :catcry tell me he's still alive.
    Can't be too sure since the first 4 eps have been a tad bit darker than some of the more mainstream shows, so him dying and becoming Masaru's puppet isn't unfathomable.

but fuck that whole thing was touching asf, very well done.

Really enjoyed the first 4 eps, it feels very well paced and exhilarating. No complaints really, just great.

10. John Sheppard Well-Known Member

Some people online feel that the show is too rushed. I mean they really have a ton of volumes to adapt so it makes sense. Personally, I think the pacing is fine.

11. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

It's purposely rushed because they're adapting a lot and just like the Ushio to Tora adaption they're having the mangaka cut it down so that the main story can fit in the episode count.

12. White Wolf the defeated Super Moderator

Think it's fine too, though not sure how much content they cut out/skipped I guess.

For 4 eps though getting relatively familiarized with the enemy (1 faction?) and getting some progression between the characters in a fairly natural way doesn't seem too bad at all.

The pacing is making it more enjoyable than it could be if it was more dry and less emotional and charged imo.

13. Fry J Vigilant

You can kind of feel the rushing through chapters but I've seen far worse pacing in other adaptions. This is 43 volumes so :blobsweat

Narumi's death scene was good but different from the manga. It made less sense.

14. John Sheppard Well-Known Member

I am aware arcs have to be skipped because they have a lot of material to adapt in a limited amount of episodes. However, from what I've noticed, people are not bothered by this, but by the rushing of the arcs that are being adapted. They feel like this arc moved super fast and the payoff would've been even better if we had at least 1 or 2 extra episodes to get even more attached to the characters.

15. White Wolf the defeated Super Moderator

Masaru :catcry
    Narumi :catcry
    Shirogane :catcry

That was a cute episode, really shows just how much mental growth the boy had throughout these ordeals.

16. John Sheppard Well-Known Member

Shirogane keeps looking on fucking point btw :blessed

17. White Wolf the defeated Super Moderator

Narumi :bury welcome back champ!

Don't really trust the other Shirogane, especially with what happened in our girl's flashback, but maybe it works out since if nothing else the end goal is the same.

There's a lot of feels when they throw out the kids suffering. :catroll