1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popilarity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.
  5. The latest NF Newsletter is out (October), read it here

Katakuri is playing with Luffy.

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Donquixote Doflamingo, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Brook Well-Known Member

New theory: Luffy will not win this fight but he make up for it by soloing Jack in Wano. Might be the first time you heard it here.

2. Marcelle.B Kawaii as Fuck Moderator

He's gonna solo Katakuri then Smoothie, then eat some shit and regain stamina then solo Big Mum.

#praisegawdluffy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Mariko Garchu!

4. Mariko Garchu!

5. TheOmega Real Nigga

If he wasn't gassing out the rank of his level would be higher. You guys tend to leave out stamina when discussing tiers and that is fallacious to do because stramina is an important part of fighting.

You say Jack couldn't beat Neko or Inu, but in reality the feat is that Neko and Inu level fighters were gassing out against Jack despite fighting him in shifts.

The stamina and endurance Jack has is his real hype, not his pound for pound punch power.

Rayleigh for example is not considered Admiral level despite being able to clash equally with Kizaru because he was tiring while Kizaru was still unfazed.

Same situation applies to Sabo and Fujitora's encounter. Stamina matters.

G4 Luffy has strength comparable to a First Mate but lacks the stamina to compete, so in reality he's not really at FM level because when he fights a legit FM he'll gas himself out of that level so he's still below Katakuri.

3rd vs 1st isn't a big gap, okay but it's still a gap. And Luffy is on 3rd because he can't sustain the form long enough to beat anything above that

G4 Luffy without a limit is nice, but we're gonna have to wait a while longer before we see that happen.

I do not see Luffy beating Katakuri at this point in time

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. DA hawk Member

How is Doffy and cracker surviving a 10min round of G4 makes G4 weaker than FM? Unless u implying that a FM can beat any of them in just 10 mins which is a load of BS! Infact, luffy's KKG > any FM feat!

7. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

its pretty obvious now. no one can stop Luffy at this rate.

8. Mariko Garchu!

9. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

10. Mariko Garchu!

11. Tenma Peace through Tyranny

Yeah I don't deny Luffy with his current stamina limitations isn't FM level

I'm saying that G4 itself is FM level and if he finds a way to keep ot up, he can convincingly beat Katakuri.

12. Tenma Peace through Tyranny

I'm thinking Luffy's going to use CoC to pull some Ransotengai shit so he can keep his G4 going even after he's surpassed his limits :catnoworries

13. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

14. Styles Infamous

Finally the light has been shone upon you. :bury

Monkey D.a GOAT Luffy
    The Young PK
    Luffy da Gawd
    King of the Seas
    Straw Hat Assassin
    Mr. Steal your Flag
    :wow

15. TheOmega Real Nigga

I actually believe Sanji and Zoro are gonna jump him and beat him to symbolize rivals working together since Neka & Inu were bein divas.

But I would also love to see Luffy flex his newfound strength next arc

16. TheOmega Real Nigga

You don't seem to understand me. The fact that G4 runs out in 10 minutes is not the problem in itself. The problem is that when G4 runs out, Luffy is defenseless. What this means is that Luffy LOSES when G4 runs out unless he gets assistance in order to safely recover.

Luffy couldn't fade those guys before G4 ran out, which means he became defenseless before they did and would have been at their mercy if not for the assistance he recieved.

If he can't beat a 3rd before gassing out, he can't beat a 1st.

He isn't strong enough to get the job done in 1 G4 round. And due to drawbacks he will NOT get a 2nd G4 round in a 1v1. Therefore if he does NOT win in round 1, he will die. That's how G4 works.

He needs to either Win in 1 round, or find a way to enter G4 multiple times in a 1v1 scenario. He can do neither at this point. So he can't hang with the 1st Mate fighters. It's really that simple.

Anybody that seen McGreggor vs Mayweather should understand what I am talking about. McGreggor was the underdog and was stated to only have a chance if he knocks Mayweather out in the early rounds. McGreggor failed to have enough prowess to make that happen. He gassed out. Mayweather then proceeded to overwhelm him until the fight got interrupted[TKO]

17. TheOmega Real Nigga

That's the thing though Luffy's stamina is actually *piss poor* or rather not his stamina itself, but the way he burns through it is too extreme, so he effectively has real shitty stamina when it comes to G4.

The 3rd Commanders and up are stamina BEASTS. Think about it. Cracker fought Luffy, Nami and the homies BY HIMSELF for 12 hours. While burning energy and while Luffy was able to replenish his own supply by eating the biscuits.

Jack fought Inu and Neko while they were fighting in shifts!

These Yonko Commanders holding off groups by themselves. If any of those fights was a 1v1 the 3rd Commander would have easily won off sheer stamina.

Which is why despite Luffy now being 3rd Commander level, I would still say he loses to Cracker because of his stall out tactics.

Due to Cracker's very impressive performance against Luffy, I have to give Katakuri the benefit of the doubt. Luffy has proven time and time again that G4 is still too unstable and too taxing to be successfully employed in a 1v1 scenario at this level

18. Kyte New Member

next chapter Katakuri's wankers are gonna put a sock in it :hestonpls

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 3:52 PM
  19. Kyte New Member

Jokes aside. Luffy will probably be lucky if he Katakuri gave him the time to fart. Oda can't wrap this shit up without reasonable ascending in events.

gotta say Oda's asspulls aren't half bad tbh.

20. Soljah Super Ghost

I have no idea how Luffy is gonna win but if he can't take Dogtooth, can't even really damage big mom, then the Kaido mission needs to be re-evaluated lol. More than likely tho the fight will be stopped but Luffy has got to take something from this to have a chance in Wano.

21. IchLiebe Da Sage

Katakuri comes back dragging luffy by his hair as a present for Boss Momma.

Luffy was dealindamage to doffy before gear 4, yet he can't do shit against Katakuri.

22. IchLiebe Da Sage

Katakuri just let luffy run all the way across the room and didn't give a fuck.

23. Keishin Well-Known Member

Or maybe it's Katakuri can't even defeat Luffy

24. IchLiebe Da Sage

Must be why dogtooth is toyinwith luffy as seen when he copies luffy attacks to negate or overwhelm luffys attacks.

He just got serious, pulling out the trident

First time I seen katakuri I knew he was a monster and he has proved so

25. DA hawk Member

Why the fuck do u keep deviating from my point? for the last time! Luffy with his current showings can't beat katakuri. Everyone agrees on that shit, So stop pointing it out every two sentences!

The argument is If luffy improved G4 and can maintain the form for much longer, can he beat katakuri? Basically is the strength of G4 FM material? I say without a doubt, but u implied with your last post G4 is 3rd commander lvl because G4 couldn't finish off Doffy in 10 mins, which is BS since Doffy can survive 10 mins and much, much more against any FM!

26. Superstars Well-Known Member

Face it, Katakuri lost. Luffy is for sure, challenging him one on one after even facing him at the wedding.
    Just like he was sure that he could face the CP9 again after getting tossed between buildings.

27. TheOmega Real Nigga

Oh so NOWWW you wanna say you agree that Luffy can't fuck with Katakuri lol. Well I been pointing it out because a couple of ya'll been in heavy denial all thread.

In regards to your argument you keep getting confused. Punching power wise G4 IS FM level. HOWEVER in ACTUAL PRACTICE G4 LUFFY is a 3rd Commander level fighter because G4 CANNOT defeat 2nd or 1st Commanders in a 1v1 scenario at this point in time due to it's SHORT DURATION AND HEAVY COOLDOWN.

If it was an RPG, G4 grants FM level ATK for it's duration. But without FM level Stamina it runs out and incapacitates Luffy.

If Luffy can only fight at First Mate Level for 10* minutes( I believe he has improved his time since the Doflamingo fight) but then becomes defenseless then he isn't First Mate level lol.

G4 just gives you FM level Str, Spd and Def stats and then drops your HP and all other stats to 1 after it runs out. You can't compare that to a fighter who is already at FM level.

You keep talking about Doflamingo lasting 10 minutes lol. The point is what PROVES MY POINT. I'm not saying Doflamingo can't last 10 minutes, I'm saying EVEN DOFLAMINGO LEVEL fighters can last 10 Minutes against FM level. The only reason the 10 minutes matter is because WHEN LUFFY RUNS OUT OF HIS LIL 10 MINUTES HE BECOMES DEFENSELESS AND WILL DIE

Luffy ain't develop his G4 Duration or Cooldown to the point where he can take a FM 1v1 and win.

Can G4 be steong enough without a limit? Sure. But it HAS a limit and that's just how it is for now. Deal with it

28. DA hawk Member

now? Okay I'm done! Idk what were u reading but I've certainly said Luffy with his current showings isn't a match for katakuri a few times now.

From my first post till now, all i was saying is if luffy were to beat katakuri he needs to show something else (it's not the first time luffy goes in a fight where he stands no chance feat-wise but then shows some new feats inside the fight and beats his opponent) I suggested improving G4 duration 'cuase it's strong enough to beat a FM and it won't be as BS as a new gear or awakening.

Watch how u deviate from my point, and how I'll ignore u right after