1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Katsu and Manga Daisuki...?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by ValentineTheory, Jul 29, 2005.

1. ValentineTheory

Oi.....Ive been reading Katsu for the past couple day....It's a really great manga!! but unfortunately the scanlators who provides the volumes, it seems there homepage and everything associated was shut down.....does anyone know what happened to Manga Daisuki?

And Right now Im currently looking for ch 113-117, does any one have a left over torrent for this? I know it's listed in Direct manga, but they are evil b/c of their "file does not exist" messages.....

Or at the very least someone tell me how it ends....apparently this manga was finally completed (vol 16). I hate cliff hangers:mad

Tags:
  2. ValentineTheory

ahh, i tried the link to 113-117 and i can't download it..due to excessive bandwidth or sender removal...Could you send it again? Please? or possibly link me to that adashi site? sorry for the trouble...

yah i got the torrent to 118-121...

thanks again

3. ValentineTheory

Osu! Thank You!!! But who will be doing the scanlating for now on now that manga daisuki seems to be disbanded?

4. Crowe

Manga Daisuki hasnt disbanded: #manga_daisuki @ irc.irchighway.net

5. ValentineTheory

oh, im not a big fan of IRC (im a bit too lazy to try), but they just no longer have a website. (im a sucker for visuals)

but as long as there stuff gets out there...phew, i thought they all died..hehe

I guess ill have to try IRC someday i guess.

6. ResoluteOne

I've also read all the katsu up to 121, does anyone know where to get the rest of it? Katsu did end, it ended on a extremely short notice becasue of something that came up, i heard. Also, does anyone know where to get H2 past volume 22? I like it and want to read the entire thing.

7. Crowe

ResultOne, It has only been translated to volume 22. #manga-screener is approx releasing 1 volume > 2 months.

Fack if it ends bad. Katsu hasnt been translated longer than to ch 121. :/

8. ResoluteOne

Thanks Pek, ResoluteOne appreciates the info.

9. ValentineTheory

Code, Thank you so much! Is it ok if I pos rep you?

Glad Manga Daisuke is still scanlating even though their website is down. Im also a retard when it comes to IRC...

10. NiknudStunod

I am in the same boat. I can't find the manga past ch 121.

11. ansoncarter

I just read up to chapter 63 and I was pretty shocked by something, since it's a shonen jump manga

Spoiler:
    The main character, right before his first real boxing match, finds out the girl he likes made a deal with his opponent to go on a date with him if he only uses his right hand (because she's worried main-guy will get hurt)

so what does main-guy do?

-demand the girl make his rival fight full out, because he's a man (kid) of honor? nope
    -tell the girl his pride won't allow him to fight an opponent using only 1 hand? nope, he has none
    -yell at the girl for not believing in him, and demand she take back her date promise? nope

guy is afraid of getting beat up so he lets his rival fight with one hand, and (presumably, I stopped reading) go on a date with the girl he likes

never seen something so pathetic from a main character in a tough-guy manga before. I was pretty floored by that.

feels good posting that on the net. And this too..Katsu sucks. Don't read it. Main character guy is an embarassment to all other main characters from shonen jump.

12. ansoncarter

nevermind, I kept reading and it wasn't as dumb as I thought