1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

KCL M471: EnergySage vs nfcnorth

Discussion in 'Konoha Training Grounds' started by Daenerys Stormborn, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daenerys Stormborn Advisor

EnergySage vs nfcnorth @ Uchiha Temple, Short

EnergySage
    Itachi
    Danzou
    Asuma
    Hinata

vs

nfcnorth
    Minato
    Sakura
    Ino
    Tenten
    Maki​

Good luck to both contestants!

Tags:
  2. Luftwaffles

EnergySage has to keep Sakura away from Baku tho.

Problem here is Ino's Shintenshin.

3. EnergySage

4. Luftwaffles

It's your only chance of negating Minato, other than that nfc solos your entire team :maybe

5. nfcnorth

I don't know why but I have the strange feeling I should not believe you. lol It is not like Baku does anything... and it is also not like anyone would ever use Danzo for Baku...

anyways strategy is undergoing final touches and probably will be up soon

6. Baroxio

7. EnergySage

I'll have a strategy up at some point tonight

8. nfcnorth

KNOWLEDGE
    Mine
    Itachi- Decent amount from Sakura from her encounter with him in the resuce Gaara arc, plus general Uchiha info. Plus she has seen the sharingan many times so she should know what to look out for.
    Danzo- doubtful I know much about him but from the way his arm looks we can probably tell he has some use for the eyes. We do know a little about his reputation and know he was skilled enough for the postion of Hokage.
    Asuma- Close to if not full from Ino
    Hinata- Decent amount from her fellow rookies. Plus Tenten is on the same team as Neji so she should recognize most of her moves as the majority of Hinata?s techniques are basic Hyuuga techniques or slight variations.

His
    Minato- Mainly reputation not sure how much Asuma and Itachi actually know about him. I know they were alive during his reign as Hokage but unsure how much knowledge they have on him.
    Sakura- His team probably has a lot of knowledge on her due to Hinata and Asuma. But there might be a few details they don?t know.
    Ino- full from asuma
    Tenten- Probably have knowledge on most if not all of her moves thanks to Asuma and Hinata
    Maki- Don?t think they have much if any could be wrong though.
    Prep
    We share knowledge of both our own techniques and the enemies we know about. Discuss the range of the techniques we know the enemy has and ways to deal with them.

Strategy

All of my team has the freedom to counter any technique that they see coming if able and are allowed to temporarily break strategy to defend themselves however they are to return to it as soon as possible. They can also improvise if necessary

Sakura is to smash the terrain in front if her at the start. This is to serve multiple purposes but the main two being obstruct view of the sharingan users and make fireballs and other ranged attacks easier to deal with. Minato will open by throwing some FTG Kunai skyward. He is going to give them as much height as possible while still ensuring they land near the enemy. He is to throw his first two kunai in the opposite direction of the enemy to create a safe retreat points. The ones for safe zones will be thrown quickly and not at an angle as they need to be in place ASAP. He is to ensure he still has a decent stock of kunai as much as possible in other words he will be somewhat conservative with his kunai but will use them when neccesary. He will then use kage bushin and go on the attack. He will bring Sakura with him and the duo and minato?s clone will cause havoc as much as possible. Their main target will be Danzo as we want to eliminate the biggest threat, which is our lack of knowledge on him, but if he feels he can get Itachi he is to do so. The clone will target Itachi and will keep him busy as much as possible if he can not outright kill him. The main method of attack will be hirashin (moving both of them into an attacking position) and Sakura super punches to finish up. Minato is also free to rasengan any opponent he can.

The rest of my team is to retreat to the safe points. Tenten will open with explosive projectile spam. She is not really going to target but just try to keep pressure on as many people as possible. She is also to aim at a high angle but not as high as Minato, just barely over the smashed ground (she will wait if she has to but as soon as it is clear she will fire). She is to retreat last and to keep up the pressure as much as possible. Once Minato and Sakura are in cqc with the enemy Tenten is to switch to regular kunai. Ino is to set up a mind link at start and be prepared for any opportunity to mind transfer. Ino is to primarily go after Itachi but will not hesitate to get anyone of ES?s team if she can. Maki is to retreat as soon as possible. After the rest of my team retreats they are to do any range support they can.
    When we see any change in the enemy (i.e a summon or something we do not know about) Minato is to conserve kunai when possible and to retreat a short distance with Sakura (just enough to get out of range of any attacks the summon may have). Minato will then throw a single kunai towards the summon and warp to the kunai when the kunai is close to the summon and have Sakura smash. They will then temporarily retreat and Sakura will summon Katsyuua and Minato will then tag the mini Katsyuua?s and the Katsyuua?s are then ordered to get as close to the enemy as possible. We will then proceed to go on the attack with Minato bringing Ino and Sakura to the fray as close as he can with FTG. He is to stay close to Sakura and use FTG to give her opportunities to one-shot. He is to tag Sakua and Ino at his convience. Ino is also to move in and try her mind transfer on anyone open on the opposing team. Her main target is the uchiha but is free to hit any enemy if it is obvious she can.
    Maki will advance as well and do her best to help out and is free to seal enemies. We will prioritize targets for killing by the following: Any summon or new combatant(as we want to kill anything we don?t know about as fast as we can)>Danzo>Itachi>Hinata>Asuma. Once any summon is dealt with we can go offensive easier and should be to eventually outlast them. Danzo should be handled by simply out speeding him with FTG and Minato?s base speed. Itachi, Hinata and Asuma can be out attritioned as we have two healers (Sakura and Ino), if they are not just outright killed by speed attacks like Hinata at least should be.

So to sum up
    Minato opens with Kunai rain at a skyward angle (in an attempt to get around futon)
    Sakura smashes up ground to protect against fireballs and obstruct view (note all I care about is the sharingan?s line of site so Hinata?s Byukgan being able to see me is not what matters)
    Tenten opens with explosive spam
    The rest move to a safe zone (the previous steps all happen at the same time at the start)
    Minato goes on the attack with his KB and bring Sakura with
    If any change he will regroup and then go on the attack (see my what if?s section for more)
    While regrouping Minato? will tag katsyuua and will use them as warp points
    We use Baku?s suction against it if it is summoned like I anticipated by letting a tag get close and warp to it and proceed to smash Baku.
    We proceed to go on the attack and wipeout all opposition

What ifs

Danzo Summons Baku?
    I fully expected this to be Danzo?s first move as such it is why I order the skyward angle kunai from Minato. Minato will regroup as soon as it is summoned and We will then use the suction to our advantage and have a katsyuua get sucked in close and then proceed to warp to katsyuua and smash Baku with rasengan or Sakura?s fists.

Danzo doesn?t summon Baku?
    I don?t see why he wouldn?t as it seems like it would be used to try to neutralize Minato?s Kunai but if he doesn?t for some reason. We can advance and use hirashin to it?s full extent. While futon is a problem he can?t futon away everything and he should have a lot to worry about. As he has to worry about Tenten?s attacks as well.

Futon spam
    We have other avenues of attack other than hirashin. Minato should be faster than him and should be able to eventually outmaneuver Danzo and get him. Minato can always chain ftg kunai so eventually he gets behind Danzo. Besides he is no slouch in the speed department while not using FTG.

Itachi Genjustu?
    Sakura is more skilled at breaking genjustu then naruto so she should be able to break out anyone affected. Plus Minato shoule be on the move enough to make it almost impossible for any genjutsu to hit him. Also Ino should be able to break genjustus as well since she knows how controlling people works so she should be able to figure out how to counter outside influences on a person.

Blitz?
    Would not end well for him as Sakura and Minato should annihilate at close range. Plus they just move in range of Ino too.

Hope this deals with Danzo well enough.

9. EnergySage

Itachi- Katons, Sharingan.
    Danzou- He's an old guy.....
    Asuma- Full from Ino
    Hinata- Full from Ino/Sakura

vs

nfcnorth

Minato- We should know nearly everything from Danzo, except Shiki-fujin
    Sakura- Full from Hinata
    Ino- Full from Asuma
    Tenten- Relatively full
    Maki- None

Uchiha Temple Short-

Prep- Share knowledge, etc etc. We will think of insulting nicknames to call the enemy team.

Opening-

Asuma/Itachi use a Katon/Futon combo with Katon: Gokakyu no Jutsu and Futon: Fujin no Jutsu. Itachi's insane handseal speed means he'll get this off near instantly, and Asuma's futon will increase the size, strength, and speed of the attack, disrupting my opponent's opening offensive moves.

Hinata will activate Byakugan and tell us Minato's location.

Danzo will summon Baku and suck in my opponents.

Stage 2-

As soon as our K/F combo is launched, Itachi will make a Karasu Bunshin. Danzo will create a wind blade for Itachi.(Asuma will do this if you believe that Danzo can't).

Danzo and KB will split from Asuma/Itachi to form two squads. Hinata will defend Baku via Air Palm

Note- Airpalm shouldn't be effected by Baku Suction.

Stage 3-

Asuma/Itachi will engage the enemy in CQC, using the Futon Blades provided.

Danzo/KB will utilize Katon/Futon combos (preferably Katon: Hosenka Tsumabeni, so it will be targeted) to attack the enemy and disrupt their ability to dodge.

Itachi will utilize any chance to use Genjutsu, and Danzo, at his discretion, can enter the fray and use whatever he has to fight. If he can, he'll land a seal on Minato, or Sakura.

If Baku stops suction, Danzo will unsummon him.

Anything else handled in rebuttals

10. nfcnorth

so is anyone going to vote? I realize there is a tourney going on but it would be nice to get some votes in here regardless of who they are for. Even a single vote would be appreciated, even if it is for my opponent.

Short rebuttal: Sakura's ground smash should at least make the fireball opening less effective as there will be ground in the way of the fireballs. Baku's suction will be used against him and will allow Minato or minato and Sakura to get close to him and smash. Not sure that the air palm defense works as it seems to me that it is a pressure wave and in order to function it needs something to transfer to and Baku creates a vaccum and thus their is nothing for the wave to transfer to. At the very least there should be a significant amount of air pressure going the other way so it seems like it would be rendered useless. I will say it is a creative idea just not sure it works.

I am going on the attack pretty fast as Baku is summoned at the start. So he has to deal with Minato and Sakura pretty quickly. I would like to note Minato was told to be conservative with his kunai so Baku will not suck up too many kunai. Plus his own suction will be his downfall. Once he is dealt with we can rely on Minato's speed and the fact we have two healers to carry the day. Plus my team has some pretty good close quarter fighters too.

11. EnergySage

Generally, KCL matches get a vote....eventually.

12. Baroxio

nfcnorth, your team doesn't have any knowledge on Baku. As such, you can't make specific caveats in your strategy that deal specifically with him, as such parts are likely to be ignored.

Because of this, Baku can get the first few tags you throw with no problem, but then you have to deal with a Katon/Futon combo.

Itachi and Danzo have Sharingan, so having Minato and Sakura engage in CQC won't be all that effective, though I grant that you can kill Asuma, Hinata and Baku (though not before he drains a significant amount of your tags). In the end, EnergySage simply has a more potent offense at close and mid ranges, which is where the battle shall be fought.

A more defensive approach to Minato may have been best. Not once did you order the use of Minato's Space/Time Barrier, and I think that such a thing could have been incredibly helpful in this match.

Vote: EnergySage

13. nfcnorth

I know I have no knowledge on him but I did say we are to go after any summons or any new combatant first. The only time I specifically mentioned Baku was in my what if's. I only talked about any potential summon in my strat before the what ifs. Besides the only reason I mentioned him in my what ifs was to explain my reasoning on a couple of moves I did in the opening and the purpose behind them. I did say in my what ifs and in the sum up section that I would use his suction to my advantage, which I would have pointed out in my rebuttal anyways, just wanted to mention it preemptively. The other part of my what if was not really Baku specific and was ordered if anything (not necessarily Baku) new appeared and would have happened if Asuma or anyone else on his team summoned something. It was part of my strat and was not Baku specific.If I am not allowed to prepare in vague terms, like I tried, to possible summons than simply ignore those parts. If you feel I went a tad bit overboard let me know and it would be helpful to know why you feel that way and where(this is only my second match after all). I would have brought it up the points about countering Baku in rebuttals regardless and was only intended to save some time in rebuttals nothing else.

I do want to point out that I had Minato be conservative with his tagged kunai. I said he is to use them sparingly and only when necessary. As for the sharingan helping against Minato, Obito has way more knowledge and experience on fighting Minato than either Danzo or Itachi, and he still got hit by Minato several times and he has a mangekyo sharningan tailor made to counter Minato. The only reason he is still not getting destroyed by hirashin is he has the juubi. So I am failing to see how the base sharingan does much against Minato. Don't underestimate Sakura either, she has seen the sharingan many times (since she is on the same team as Kakashi and Sauske when he was in Kohona) so she know what base sharingan is capable of. She also knows what Itachi is capable of seeming as she was with during kakashi and naruto vs Itachi. Sure it is not complete knowledge but it counts for something.

14. Daenerys Stormborn Advisor

Match is closed, EnergySage wins 1-0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.