1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

KCL M496: Luftwaffles vs nfcnorth

Discussion in 'Konoha Training Grounds' started by Daenerys Stormborn, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Daenerys Stormborn Advisor

Luftwaffles vs nfcnorth @ Great Naruto Bridge, Long

Luftwaffles
    Sasuke
    Kimimaro
    Hungry Ghost Realm Pain
    Ino

vs

nfcnorth
    Mei
    Zabuza
    Ino
    Haku
    Tayuya​

Good luck to both contestants!

Tags:
  2. Daenerys Stormborn Advisor

My initial thoughts are that nfcnorth has the advantage here, since Zabuza+Mei is a bitch of a combo to deal with. Zabuza and Haku obviously have good synergy, and the location has a lot of water for Zabuza, Haku, and Mei to play around with.

3. Dr. Leonard Church

So the very first time I pick Zabuza and Haku I get the great naruto bridge for my location. Part 1 nostalgia overload.

good luck waffle (I will allow a late strat if needed since this KCL and it really doesn't matter)

Spoiler:

Knowledge

His-
    Mei- Sauske knows a fair bit but he may not know her full arsenal but should now a fair bit
    Zabuza and Haku- full from Sasuske
    Tayuya- probably close to if not completely full from Sauske/Kimimaro
    Ino- full from his Ino

Mine
    Sauske- Decent from Ino. Zabuza and Haku also know how to fight a base sharnigan user effectively.
    Kimimaro- Tayuya should know quite a bit about him so close to full if not completely full
    Ghost realm pain- Via shared discussion on Pain via Katsuyuua during the Pain invasion Ino should have a decent idea of what he could possibly do
    Ino- full from my Ino

Prep
    My team does the standard KC prep stuff, discuss abilities, share knowledge, you get the picture

Strat
    Mei and Zabuza immediately use kiriakure no justsu at the word go, Zabuza will follow this up by creating two mizu bushin. Note the mist should be about the same or possibly even thicker than it was during the Zabuza and Haku vs. team 7 fight seeming as this same location and all. Also at matches start Tayuya will go curse level 2 and will summon her three minions if it doesn't interfere with her genjutsu and Ino will set up a mind link between my team and will start sensing immediately. Using Ino's sensing as guidance we will begin our assault on Waffles' team.

Tayuya will open with her flute genjustu and will use the mist as cover to play her flute in safely. If the enemy approaches and is not being slowed by the genjutsu she will switch to using her 3 bodyguards makyo no ran and attempt to force the enemy to retreat. Otherwise Tayuya is to keep her genjutsu up for as long as possible. Mei will immediately after putting up the mist begin engaging Sauske at range with suitons. She is free to use her yotton: yokai no jutsu as well if she is in range. She will use the mist to her advantage and use it to make it hard for Sauske to pinpoint her location. During any down time she possibly has will slowly make the area more acidic but stopping before it causes harm to people or would otherwise be noticeable.

Zabuza and his mizu bushins will immediately after the clones are made will start using the silent killing technique to cause havoc. Zabuza's primary target will be the opposing teams Ino to make it harder for the enemy to find us in the mist. Zabuza is also free to water imprison any enemy he can. Zabuza's secondary target will be Pain. After killing Ino he will join Mei in spamming suitons at Sauske. Haku will go with Zabuza and support Zabuza. Haku will create mirrors when and where he sees fit. He will spam needles and use needles/mirrors to attack. My Ino is free to snipe any enemy she pleases with her shintenshen no jutsu, putting a priority on Pain with Sauske being the secondary target, she will stay near Tayuya. We will start ganging up on people once we start whittling down their numbers. If all this has been attempted and the enemy still stands and it is judged pointless to continue with the same tactics everyone but Mei after giving a signal will retreat while firing ranged attacks at the enemy and Mei will make the area super acidic. This is a last resort tactic however.

What ifs

The enemy relies on their superior eyes to gain an advantage?
    Haku and Zabuza already showed that the sharingan is countered pretty hard by the mist and knowing how to fight in it with only one Path of pain Pain is not doing any better. Besides I have a pretty much full knowledge on both sets of eyes.

You don?t think that Mei suitons do anything to Sauske?
    First of there is water everywhere so they should be stronger than normal and require less effort, second Mei showed she can quickly follow up suitons with little to no time in between so even if he blocks one he still is vulnerable to a follow up. Lastly Sauske?s vision is obscured by the mist so even with the sharingan he still has reduced vision.

You don't buy Tayuya's genjustu doing anything?

Pain and Sauske have shown weaknesses to sound based genjutsu. Sauske had troubles against Kabuto using a variation of Tayuya's techniques and Pain got caught in Ma and Pa frogs song genjutsu in his fight against Jiraiya.

My Ino dies and I can no longer sense?
    Well seeming as 3/4 remaining members of my team can either create the mist or frequently fight with a mist user I think it is safe to say that my team should be able to handle fighting in the mist.

5. Luftwaffles

My entire team put cloth in their ears to dampen Tayuya's Flute Genjutsu.
    Sasuke summons Aoda and Hawk, he rides Hawk, activates Chidori Eiso and the rest of my team gets on Aoda.
    Aoda blitzes toward the enemy side, his weight should destroy the bridge.
    Preta is to absorb all ninjutsu
    Ino relays coordinates via chakra sensing+telepathy and she can occasionally mind-link with Aoda so the snake becomes more effective at destroying and squishing people.

Sasuke is free to use Katon/Chidori Eiso/Raiton Variants/Sharingan Paralyzing Genjutsu for attacks and Chidori Nagashi/Snake Hands to defend. Before he reaches his enemy, he will throw paper bombs and shuriken spam at them, before activating Eiso to solo :zaru
    Kimimaro is free to go CS form whenever and is to defend Preta and Ino. He is to use his Bone Spear/Finger Bullets to attack his enemies with his superior Taijutsu and speed.
    Ino can try to land a mind-swap, creating an opening. She can free my own teammates if they get caught in the opposing Ino's mind-swap.

6. Luftwaffles

Preta absorbs all Ninjutsu.
    Sasuke rains hell from above.
    Aoda and the rest of my team wreck from below.
    Ino lands a mind-swap.

:rainbowsheep

7. nfcnorth

You have next to no visibility in the mist. Your Ino is going to get overwhelmed by Zabuza and Haku once she is down your team becomes really disorganized. The cloth your teams ears doesn't help matters considering the low visibility. So if your Ino dies how are they supposed to communicate when they have terrible visibility and are basically deaf? My team at least has experience fighting in the mist compared to your team where Sauske is the only who has on your team. Aoda is a giant mind transfer target. My team also has a slight location advantage and access to all the water needed for suitons.

8. Luftwaffles

Preta absorbs the Mist while Aoda wrecks. Ino counters your Ino and she won't die. Suitons? Get absorbed. Silent Killing? Gets sensed. Mist? Gets absorbed.

9. nfcnorth

Also what is to stop your hawk and Aoda being genjutsued by Tayuya? I don't think they would totally be immune to sound based attacks. I would have to think it would at least reduce their mobility a little, more so with the hawk then Aoda but Aoda should not be 100% immune.

10. nfcnorth

All absorbing the mist does is make Pain an easier target for my Ino. Oh and if she misses it probably means she hits Aoda. Your Ino has 3 Zabuzas and Haku to worry about so she can't counter my Ino so easily.

11. Luftwaffles

Because my team can snap them out. How does your team even counter Aoda? Let's face it, Shintenshin won't be viable at all because my Ino can counter. Preta absorbs your mist and my team proceeds to wreck.

12. nfcnorth

Yeah but the genjutsu is up he whole time so are you really going to devote two people to keep them from being genjutsued? Besides I already said your Ino is going to have a hard time countering mine with Zabuza and Haku attacking her. Alot of the things you mention as counters (such as abosrb the mist) to my strat are things that take time and energy to do and also leave your dudes in vulnerable positions that are unable to assist their allies. Besides the mist doesn't really take to much effort to put back up when you consider the location is filled with water.

As for Aoda he is held in check by suitons. Lets not forget that there is a near end less supply of water at this location. I don't think he can shrug off sutions that are fueled by natural water. If Zabuza cannot approach Aoda for some reason he will IC use the water to his advantage and deal with them that way. But given his reputation and the fact he is known to get to the weak spot of a formation, I think that he has a good chance of succeeding. Also I don't think Aoda is totally safe from my Ino either as he is just so big a target. Also again I want to reiterate that your Ino will have more to worry about then just keeping my Ino in check.

13. KaiserBunny

Great match, will vote today when I get a free min.

14. Luftwaffles

15. KaiserBunny

You'll have it right after work. My bad, guys.

16. Luftwaffles