1. img
    Come join the 5th Democratic Primary Debate Watch-Along!
    The debate will air on November 20th from 9-11 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

KCL M508: IchLiebe vs nfcnorth

Discussion in 'Konoha Training Grounds' started by Daenerys Stormborn, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daenerys Stormborn Advisor

IchLiebe vs nfcnorth @ Great Naruto Bridge, Long

IchLiebe
    Kazekage Gaara
    Kakashi
    Mifune
    Sai

vs

nfcnorth
    Sasori
    Sakura
    Sai
    Obito​

Good luck to both contestants!

Tags:
  2. IchLiebe

Flag:
    Sokovia
    Knowledge-

nfcnorth-
    Kazekage Gaara- Full or close.
    Kakashi- Full
    Mifune- Full or close.
    Sai- Full.

IchLiebe-
    Sasori- Full (Gaara's the kazekage and would get all the details about Akatsuki members.)
    Sakura- Full
    Sai- Full
    Obito- Full

Opening move-
    Sai creates an Ink clone. The ink clones makes two ink birds and, with Mifune, flies to the top of the flight ceiling. Sai gets on one, while blowing the bridge with explosive tags.

Kakashi moves to the water underneath. Gaara gets on the bird with Sai and they fly to halfway point between the ground and flight ceiling.

Phase 1-

We all move towards the enemy at a good pace but making sure Kakashi isn't left behind. Sai will be constantly blowing the bridge up as well as Ink clone Sai until we get close to the enemy.

Phase 2-

This is when we engage the enemy. My team has 3 different jobs.

Ink Clone Sai and Mifune- They are to continue destroying the bridge up to 50m behind the enemy. Mifune will use to block all attacks. IK Sai will also be flying around as fast as possible.

Sai and Gaara- They attack Sai and any birds. Gaara uses 3/4 of his sand to catch him while using 1/4 of it to protect them. Sai uses his ink Giants and explosive tags to knock birds out of the air. He also watches out for attacks from Sasori. When everyone's out of the air they use explosive tags to kill them, and sand to catch and crush them.

Kakashi is the water force. He uses sharingan to dodge the bridge falling on him. Kakashi is the only one with suitons and we'll take advantage. He'll stay a distance and use Suiton: Daibakufu no Jutsu and Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu to attack and kill anyone. Any attacks are blocked by Suiton: Suijinheki. If Sasori is on the water then he throws smoke bombs at him to distract him and take advantage of his sensing and AoE suitons to kill him. If someone comes in close to do taijutsu and a suiton isn't fast enough. He uses lightning on the water to paralyze them and kill them with a kunai to the throat or vital organ.

Phase 3- Only when the bridge is destroyed.

Ink clone Sai and Mifune come down halfway to help destroy and flying people with issen and explosive tags. And if everyone's out of the air, then use explosive tags and issen to kill them.

Basically we force them to water where Kakashi's suitons can do most the work, and dominate them in the air with explosives and sand.

3. nfcnorth

again kind of simple srat but haven't really had time to do much more. plus there is his whole tourney thing and I amusing his team there.
    Spoiler:

Knowledge
    Mine
    Garaa- close to if not full from Sakura
    Kakshi- full from Sakura
    Mifune- At most we know the that he is the head samurai and he is a general of a division
    Sai- full from Sai
    His
    Sasori- Not sure how much Kakashi has
    Sakura- full from Kakashi
    Sai- full from Kakashi
    Obito-full from Kakshi
    Strat
    The following actions take place at matches start, at the same time and is done as quickly as possible:
    -Sasori exits hiruko
    -Sakura summons katsyuu and hands pieces to everyone
    -Sai draws three birds than makes an ink clone
    My team then boards the birds and heads out. Sasori is to use his water jets at Garaa in an attempt to cut him down as soon as he is in range, after using that up he will momentarily retreat to summon the third kazekage and begin to use iron sand. The rest of my team will be spamming projectiles at everyone other than Garaa.
    My team has strict orders to keep their distance from Garaa as much as possible. Sasori will use his iron sand in block form as much as possible and will aim primarily at Garaa.

What ifs
    Why does Sasori beat Garaa?
    First off his water jets cut through rocks like they were nothing so they should do the same with Garaa’s sand. Second his iron sand is heavier and has more weight to it.

Why does my team win the spam war?
    Well I thin my main argument for this is if my plan to take out Garaa goes as planned he won't be lasing long so Sasori can join in and tip this in my favor.

4. nfcnorth

well I just realized I have never actually read the magna version of the Sasori fight (despite it being probably my favorite fight in the anime) and apparently didn't look at his entry close enough at Sasori's entry so yeah. Ignore the part of this that only is in filler and assume he does the next thing. To be fair when this fight first came out in the magna I was still unaware of the magna version of Naruto's existence at this point so there is that.

5. SpitefulSerpent5

Considering the flamethrowers would not work at all similarly to anime-only water jets (and would have less range), I will be ignoring that part nfc's strat. Via the in-character rule, Sasori would probably just shake his head and go straight to the Kazekage part of the plan.

Knowledge is interesting. How much does Kakashi honestly know about Sasori? I'm betting he has knowledge of the poison, but I'm not sure if Sakura would mention every detail of the fight, including Sandaime Kazekage.

Setups should take roughly the same time, with both teams clashing head on.

I like the setup with IchLiebe's strategy, an aerial and naval assault simultaneously. But I'm not sure how he's destroying the bridge with just Mifune and Sai, especially when Mifune is spamming Issen to block shit. I think they'll halfheartedly try, and maybe do some decent damage, but the bridge will hold strong. Kakashi is in the water, and will probably have to abandon it to be able to hit nfc's team from in the air. If Suitons can be used from that distance, they'll surely be easier to dodge, especially when nfc's team knows they're coming.

This match comes down to two things for me here: Ich clearly utilized his team members better. Having Sakura spam projectiles when she's a taijutsu fighter is a huge waste, and why isn't Sai at least using ink lions? Also, wouldn't Suitons wash away ink? On the other hand, Sasori's poison is ridiculous - and i'm not seeing much defense for anybody but Gaara. How long is Ich's Sai really going to last?

The Kicker here is that Sandaime Kazekage is using his Iron Sand in block form. That means it will primarily be used to focus on one or two targets (if Sasori puts them into two blocks). Furthermore, that target is Gaara, the team member most equipped to defend from them. Gaara can likely hold this off long enough for Kakashi and Gaara's sand to make short work of Sakura and Sai (the slugs will just be electrocuted with them). Mifune's Issen will also actually be slightly effective against sand blocks.

It's actually closer than I expected. If Sasori had focused his sand on Kakashi, the more potent threat, and kept the flexibility and range instead of tending to go into block form, I'd probably be voting for nfc. Sasori is just that good, and Ich really should have defended more. Issen and 1/4 a gourd just will not cut it against Sasori, except this time it does.

Vote: IchLiebe

6. nfcnorth

Well a couple things I want to say even if it is to late to change your mind or the match might be over as soon as you voted. Regardless I just want to say a couple things regardless if they effect anything.

-Sasori's iron sand is pretty heavy and was responsible for destroying an entire cave and making it open air so I don't think it is going to be easy for Garaa to stop.
    -It is also pretty fast as well for its weight.
    -even if he can stop the iron sand he is going to have to devote a lot of sand just for defending against that. My sand is going to have more force behind it due to being heavier. Meaning it will be hard for Garaa to mount an offense.
    - My team is ordered to stay at a distance so Kakashi should have a tough time getting anyone with his suitons.
    -My team should easily win the stamina battle

Me choosing to abandon my orignal team idea for the tourney and going with this team instead had a factor in some of my orders (not wanting to give away everything I plan on doing for tourney matches so close to the event). So did me not paying close enough attention to the fact that the water jets were a filler technique. God damn it fillers making up techniques that would be awesome for my purposes.

7. SpitefulSerpent5

I see what you're saying, but the Iron Sand in block form seems to be more of a blunt instrument than a piercing one, and I generally see Gaara being able to handle it despite it's power. Sasori fought with those blocks in a cave, and used them to pin Sakura IIRC. The bridge, especially with Gaara flying, is an open air fight. If a block comes towards Gaara, he can try to deflect it with his sand while simply moving backward or out of the way. And it's a fair assumption that if he needed more than the 1/4 of his gourd for defense he would IC make that decision once he realized how strong the sand was. While Sasori would still kill Gaara after a while, you're occupying Sasori's attention and basically leaving your fodder to die.

Distance is not going to matter to Kakashi. If he can't execute the Suitons, he'll just go IC and kill Sakura/Sai/Obito. Distance won't mean anything, especially when all he's dodging kunai and MAYBE the occasional Katon (though I don't think you meant jutsu when you said projectiles).

Sorry nfc, but the vote will stand. As much as I love Sasori.

8. Daenerys Stormborn Advisor

Match is closed, IchLiebe wins 1-0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.