1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Kenpachi's current state. Does he need bankia to compete?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Ralphy♥, May 29, 2007.

1. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

Does anyone think that Kenpachi's level might not be enough for the espada. Grant it Kenpachi has done some crazy things. He tolk on 2 captains at once, and defeated (though he said he lost) Full power shikia Ichigo. If Kenpachi faced a espada, kenpachi will just up his reiatsu all the way and slash for the best. At least espada #1-6 won't lose to just that.

So does this mean that Kenpachi will have to achieve shikia or bankai to compete with whats going on?

Thoughts

Tags:
  2. SiSL The Hun

I wonder... Before that, should inspect him a bit... Kenpachi is just insane, power hungry and more importantly loves to fight. He already was sad because he was not believing anything other than his own combat power till he fought with Ichigo and tried to talk with his zanpaktou.

At least he really knows that he can gain much more combat power if he fights with his zanpaktou. Considering he wants more power, I can see him achieving this and further more.

However, many readers love Zaraki with his insane combat love and is already great character without a zanpaktou. Not sure if Kubo will give him a shikai or bankai but definitely he might take a few heads from Espada.

EDIT: I also think his zanpaktou should be definitely a strong one, due to his/her endurance to years of fighting with Kenpachi even without trusting each other. He/She cut through Shikai Zangetsu without release and without being broken, it just does not show Kenpachi's strength, also endurance of blade too... If only they become friends :)

3. Fenix Pie Vendor

It all depends on how the Captains, in general, fare against the Espadas in the war.

The manga suggested that the captains are currently under intense training to prepare for the war. So if they come out and do fairly well, I don't think Kenpachi needs anything major. If they come out and get shit on by the Espada, then I think it might be necessary to give some captains a few major upgrades while in battle

4. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

Good post there guy^

But from a logical stand point right now if kenpachi just went into HM and challenged espada #1-6. Would he have to have shikia or bankia to win?

5. BAD BD ...

I am pretty sure there will be a rematch of him and Tousen. So I think he will need his shikais ability and maybe will have a bankai. He one of the top 7 captains by only mastering hand to hand combat. If he learned kido or could flash step better his power would multiply. Imagine his hand to hand ability and having a sword as powerful as Hitsuga's.( Hitsuga Is only strong because of his sword.) Or could use no chant kido. ( He only ever uses one hand with his sword anyway.)His shikai was stronger than ichigos and was weakened because he wasn't fighting with it. His sword is oly in shikai because his soul power is so big that it automaticly change from a normal zanpakto.

6. Lastier ̣

For now he would be toast against most Espada, especially Zael. So, it?s a given he will have Shikai or Bankai at the Winter War. He is a popular character after all.

7. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

I could just hear kenpachi now roaring "BANKAI!!!"

alwsome :D

8. SiSL The Hun

Just to correct, He just can't release it to shikai even.

9. Grandmaster Kane Banned

if he plans on taking on espada then yes
    He could take out some lower level arracar thou diffently

10. Sena Kobayakawa Girls are: Yoona, HyunA

He doesnt have Shikai. He doesnt even know the name of his zanpaktou.

11. lyrs_amv One lemonade too many

all he really needs is more impressive swordsmanship feats

12. jonat3 Active Member

Just to be correct, he CAN.

The theory about knowing the name has already been proven bogus. That's because it has been confirmed by the DATABOOK itself that Zaraki's sword is just like Ichigo's: a fulltime released shikai sword.

Zaraki stated this himself in chapter 109, as does Ichigo in chapter 120.

13. Lord Ishi Member

Seeing how the Fourth Espada survived Ichigo's bankai's most powerful move while he was in vizard form barely wounded, I think Kenpachi would not be able to hurt 1-5. If Ichigo had his bankai when he battled Kenpachi, then the battle wouldn't have been so close and if he had been a vizard (used his mask) then there would be no chance for Kenpachi.

Kenpachi would need atleast a bankai to beat anything above 6 (meaning 1-7). Rukia defeated the ninth and the tenth just sucks from what we have seen. The eight might be getting tricky for him to take on, but he could do it. I don't think he could land a blow or hurt them at that .

Not sure about that (<---refering to the previous statement about landing a blow), but positive he wouldn't stand a chance against the fourth.(I CAN'T SPELL HIS DAMN NAME!)

14. Kri aegrescit medendo

I don't remember exactly, but wasn't it stated by that Kenpachi is permanently released, like Ichigo?

Nevermind, thanks jonat3.

He certainly doesn't know its name, or at least didn't the last we saw of him, but the immense power that flows through him and his zanpakutou may make it too difficult for him to seal, like Ichigo. Of course, his past mentality of his zanpakutou as a tool rather than a companion has hindered the strength of both him and his zanpakutou, but once he even learns to fight with it, rather than against it, he should be able to hold his own against an Espada.

Bankai Kenpachi isn't necessary, and the very notion of it scares my unborn children, as well as their children and grandchildren. He may get it, but I don't know how they'll keep him from being overpowered once he gets it.

Matsumoto and Yumichika are training to get bankai, and there are plenty of captains as it is that haven't released, so I think we can survive Kenpachi not having a bankai.

15. jonat3 Active Member

Actually, just being able to communicate with his zanpakutou already has a bankai like effect where reiatsu is concerned. Just look at Ichigo. He was slightly above VC level when he fought Kenpachi, but jumped to captain level after communicating with his zanpakutou. If Kenpachi manages to communicate with his sword, a similar strength increase is pretty likely. He would definately need bankai against grimmjow, though.

Bankai Zaraki is probably around the same strength as vaizard bankai ichigo.

16. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

It may be a long shot but coming this winter war arc. We might just see a bankia kenpachi.

I hope so

17. Nickwright Fear meh! D:

NO I don't hope so >.>

Getting Bankai or even a becoming a Vaizard
    Would RUIN his character >.>

Did any of you pay attention during his fights ever or even during his past?
    He fights alone. He doesn't like using others powers.

I swear to god Kubo can stick to a story...I really hope he does...

18. jonat3 Active Member

I hate to say it, but without shikai or bankai, Zaraki is dead meat. There's no way Zaraki can have a meaningful role without shikai or bankai. The espada are simply too powerful.

19. Nickwright Fear meh! D:

Then its his place to die. Dieing as a Character that fit the story, and fits his own character is better than breaking what the character is, and getting more powers and suriving imo

Thats why I hate naruto >.>
    The break characters so many times >.>

20. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

Exactly, i agree with this statement 100%

The Espada are simply to powerful for Kenpachi without Bankia. At least Espada #1-6 would take care of Kenpachi. I would say #1-4 would handle it with ease. #5-6 would struggle but win, and #7-10 would lose.

Also as the story progresses the enemies get stronger. Remember that most of us have established that the Espada are not complete. That means even stronger Espada have to be created. How would Kenpachi fare then?

Its just logical to say that if Kenpachi is to compete he will have to gain Bankia

21. Nickwright Fear meh! D:

I was never denying the fact, I know he needs Bankai to compete, but if he gets it, it will ruin his character...

I'd be happier and others would I'm sure having Zaraki die in battle, while he's still in-character
    than have Kubo break that down and give Zaraki a Bankai.

22. Majeh King Of HeLL

kenpachi will have to get something or else he will get raped...no doubt about it............=\

23. ~Mystic Serenade~ King of the Round

Actually getting bankai wouldn't be too out of character. I mean, there was a whole chapter after he got "defeated" with him wanting to be stronger and regreting not getting to know his zanpakutou better. Way I see it, Zaraki is on the road to start working with his zanpakutou and achieving bankai is just closer to nearing the pinnacle of such a relationship. I wouldn't call it getting out of character, I'd rather say he saw the light.

24. Cirus Banned

I think what people are saying is that Kenpachi is needing some improvements that don't clash with his character. I do agree with that. But he has also expressed concern for growing more powerful because he tied/lost to Ichigo. So to say he is going to improve, but the method of how is in question. Magic he is no good at or has no skill, his fighting capability is maxed out, which leaves only one thing.
    He did take on two captins but fought each one seperatly not combined (I ask that people don't forget that), meaning he can take more punishment and fight longer then a normal captin. Now if he were to fight a person who has better combat capability then a captin, he then would be fighting on an equal level for a time assuming it is a hand to hand combat style of fight.
    All of this leading me to believe that Kenpachi will get a power up more or less likely in Shiki/Banki form. What the power up is I think could be his sword actual ability.

25. Ralphy♥ 愛あなた永遠あな

And Kenpachi's Zonpakto's ability is......

Spoiler:
    PLOT-NO-JUTSU

26. ~Mystic Serenade~ King of the Round

Well what can you do = /. Practically everyone in bleach has that.

27. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

kenpachi already have shikai, but if he learns the name of it he will be a lot stronger even without bankai. with the name AND bankai he will be practically unstoppable

28. Kiyoshi The Former Avatarless

He can get a bankai without breaking character. A hope of mine is that his bankai is very similiar to Tousen's. Seals him and his opponent(s) in a private dimension where they fight and fight and fight in a Vahala like battle where you never die. I can so picture Kenpachi dressed up as Odin with his zanpakuto having become a spear. It could be his sword's way of saying it will help him fight, but in a way not helping him fight.

Still, if he fights Noitora I can see him learning Shikai in that fight. Noitora releases. One hit seemingly KOs Kenpachi and calls him a weakling. Kenpachi then shikai's Noitora and half of Hueco Mundo into Narutoverse.

Heh, Kenpachi once shikaied, but the blast was so powerful it had to be split into nine and sent into another universe. That is where the nine biju originally came from.

29. Lord Ishi Member

^ perfect way of putting it

I agree 1000 percent with this... sorta lol

I would say 1-5 could handle him with ease.

30. icedemon1099 sup all

i hope he gets a shikai and bankai, dude he would be like 20x stronger :D