1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Kenpachi's Zanpakutou

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by silleung, Jul 14, 2005.

1. silleung

Kenpachi is pretty cool, you have to admit. He even gives free hits. But with his seriously huge amounts of spirit force (why don't they call it karma, chi or chakra, it has to be one of them right) think how powerful it would be. i bet it'd be alot bigger than ichigo's that for sure. he'd be one badass mofo if he listened to his zambakto. i say it'd look something along the lines of the shichisto sword (tenchu wrath of heaven.)

Tags:
  2. Haruka

3. Insipidipity

Actually people usually spell it Zanpaktou :p

And yes, we all know that it would be badass...I've heard countless people tell me how they wish he would release it. Sorry but its not new news

4. Sayo

actually it's banana

5. Haruka

6. Insipidipity

Everytime they say Reiatsu in Bleach, replace it with the word Banana and see how that comes out.

Anyways, Kenpachi might have a nice sword he might not though. Theres nothing that seems to dictate how cool your shikai is or what it does. For all we know, his shikai could just be a banana peel that he throws to trip people

7. Tsukiyomi

I doubt his full power is beyond Ichigo's full power, Kenpachi has possibly thousands of years of training and experience with calling forth his power, Ichigo has what, a few days?

Ichigo's base power long before his sword manifested its true form was great enough to take down a menos grande, a feat Rukia said no lone shinigami could do.

As for Kenpachi's Shikai, I imagine a scythe type weapon.

8. TheMexicanKingVII

I imagine his sword would be something like ( this might b e hard to explain)

I think his sword would actually not change that much but the ability to sprout other swords out of it. I always thought that would be kick ass.

His Ban Ki would probably be like i don't know.

9. Shishou

I have come to a theory that because Soul Society's time is much faster, that it takes much longer to improve.

So you improve much faster in the real world, than you do in SS...

Anyways, Ichigo's power alone couldn't even manage to scratch Kenpachi with his eyepatch on. I say this because, even when he did manage to scratch Kenpachi, he was still using a bit of his sword's power. So I would say the first time was his own power.

So regardless if Kenpachi has a weak Shikai or not, any little boost is insane.

10. Tsukiyomi

Its true this is his own power because he hadn't started to use Zangetsu's, but remember, Ichigo by his own admission doesn't know how to call upon his power. Remember when the Menos showed up? He thought his power was on full blast all the time when in reality he was at his absolute weakest, and when his power did turn on he didn't know how to turn it off.

Spoiler:
    And looking at the most recent chapter, he still can't control it because he couldn't stop his power from attracting hollows.

So even though it was technically his real power, it was anywhere near his true power, if he whipped that out in addition to using Zangetsu, he would have blown Kenpachi into oblivion.

11. monk3

12. Kasuke Sadiki

Ichigo didn't 'take down' a Menos Grande per se, he just wounded it. And what Rukia said about no lone shinigami being able to stop one always bothered me. Surely most of the captains would be able to take one down, so maybe she meant no normal shinigami. Either that or the power Ichigo released that day pwns every other shinigami ever (but if so, then wouldn't the others have all been injured from his high reiatsu?) So many questions...

13. Insipidipity

Not necessarily, because Ichigo turns it almost off and yet it flows into everyone. And it doesnt have much killer intent in it. But it was high enough to disrupt Rukia's senses.

The power Ichigo released MIGHT just pwn every other. Remember that he only released it due to the stimulus of the Cero being fired. Most captains have just been wearing him down, this was basically a huge beam that said Counter or Die, so he countered it.

With Zangetsu's additional reiatsu and the one he had that day, if Ishida touched him with that glove, his bow would be bigger than a building I bet.

14. Kasuke Sadiki

^Ha, ok I can live with that. On another note, I wonder If we'll ever see Kenpachi release his soul slayer.

15. Insipidipity

Dude...thats the entire topic of this thread...

16. Powerman

I would imagine that the sword would just look normal in the inial state, ya know all the nicks and dents in it are fixed and it looks nice.

I don't think he needs a Ban Ki ... EVER

17. Gaaravision

Kenpachi's Ban Kai will summon a gigantic version of Zoro from One Piece.

I speak truth.

18. Gooba

A while ago, I forget where, it was detemined that his Shikai is a Chainsaw, and his Bankai is just Bruce Campbell with a chainsaw arm, who just pwns.

19. superman_1

his shikai will be pirate's hook and since he has the eyepatch to go along with it...he will be a perfect pirate with the addition of his hook as his shikai.....YARRRRRRRR........ hehehehehehehehehe

hmmmm...... ok time to be serious........

he will have shikai and ban kai in future....just when ....we dont know.... just cant wait to see the day he will release it.....

20. RaitoRyuukashin

I Thought axe at first but since, But scythe is much better. A scythe and a grim reaper. I would think the scythe abilty would be a mouth on it that sucks a certain amount of energy from Kenpachi that allows it to suck that same amount from the opponent.

For Bankai his Scythe loses the mouth and Kenpachi loses his eye patch and bells and dons a Grim Reaper outfit. His new bankai allows him to become intangible to physical attacks. And only energy attacks that exceed the amount of spirit energy that his Zankpatou contains from absorbing while in shikai can actually harm him.

21. Shishou

Umm... Are you guys forgetting his sword is always in Shikai? Much like Ichigo's always is?

So his sword how it looks now, if he learned its name, and learned to use it's power, would look the same, but would add it's own power to his. His Bankai is the only thing that could be different.

It would probably have something to do with Speed... Or Spiritual Energy being able to be thrown from his blade.

22. Insipidipity

I think he was wrong. He didn't even know it had a name, yet it does. So he probably assumed it must've always been in its highest state, like Ichigo did. Ichigo with all that power surging through him against the Menos still kept it sealed.

23. sayam

but it's probobly true that kenpachi's zanpaktou is always in shikai form, cus he said that he couldn't seal it, and sealed zanpaktou's often look like an ordinary katana.
    he doesn't know the name of it just like ichigo didn't knew the name of his. but it was always in shikai. So that means that kenpachi haven't even used his zanpaktou's shikai ability or even used it to it's full potential. And that is because he doesn't know how.

24. Insipidipity

Um...Ichigo's WASNT always in shikai when he first got it. It only became Shikai permanently after he learned the name, Kenpachi NEVER learned the name. Kenpachi's zanpaktou is always in sealed form because it does look like an ordinary Katana and he just assumed he couldn't seal it.

25. Shishou

And Ichigo's sealed blade was huge, but looked exactly like a normal katana.

Which was explained to reflect his spiritual power. Because he couldn't surpress it, his sword was overly big.

And there is no saying you need to know your sword's name to release it. Kenpachi's sword is nearly as long as him, and has ridges on it's blade. There is no way thats a sealed sword. A Sealed sword would easily break if he swung it with his power.

We do know Kenpachi can surpress his spiritual energy, but the fact still remains, he can seal his sword. Juss like Ichigo can't. Ichigo uses it's power, plus he knows it's name. Yet he isn't capable of sealing it.

Kenpachi said his sword was released, and there is no reason not to believe him. If it looked like a sealed sword, by all means we could think it isn't in released form. But it doesn't. So quite simply, it is in it's released form, but gives him no power. It juss has released form durability.

26. Uchiha_Sasuke_12

whoa, that's a pretty intense idea michael.

27. Insipidipity

Theres variations in Zanpaktou, but they all look like swords. Kenpachi's looks like a sword. Gin looks like a wakazashi, etc.

Kenpachi's sword doesn't break because it still has all his power in it. Just like Ichigo's sword didn't break when he fought the Menos.

Kenpachi said his sword was released based off the fact that he never heard it. The fact that he couldn't hear his sword and that he said "my sword doesn't have a name" both give very good credence to the belief that he doesn't know jack about his sword.

28. Zun Liako

29. voltaicbore03

I'm not so sure that Kenpachi's zanpakuto (this spelling makes more sense to me, since "zanpaku" is soul and "to" is blade...just a better representation of the two parts of the word) is in Shikai state all the time. This hasn't been confirmed, but I think Kubo has designed the zanpakutos such that the fully sealed forms are compeltely metallic and the Shikai forms are half-metallic and half-black. That pattern holds true for just about every single zanpakuto we've seen so far (Zangetsu, Zabimaru, Hozukimaru, Wabisuke). I forget what Hinamori's looked like, and I have yet to look at all the manga chapters (just dl'ed 1-179, thanks to KnK :smile-big ).

30. Insipidipity

Yea I noticed that too. Color does seem to be an interesting measure of the weapon.